Cahill

Simple combat logging soloution

I've seen heaps of threads on this issue.

What about instead of being able to log out whenever you need to go to sleep in a bed to be able to log out. Or you need to set up a tent/sleeping bag/swag.

If you disconnect before without a bed then there is a timer.

Thoughts?

How does it solve anything? We have a timer right now (meaning your character stays in game).

No,but i wouldn't mind persistant player position.

Meaning that the avatar stays asleep in the server.

Then you would think twice before logging out.

Oh god no. That would be awful.

Oh god no. That would be awful.

Well,it works with Rust,and is reallisticlly supported.

It would drive players to secure their position and lock themselves up

before logging out,and think twice when logging off at the Airfields,thus lowering

the number of campers there.

before logging out,and think twice when logging off at the Airfields,thus lowering

It wont work in the current state of the game at least.

Perhaps in 2 or 3 years lol, but right now persistant player position on log out would be a very bad idea.

People might think abit more about where they log out, but this would only benefit larger groups/clans.

Lonewolfes would be fucked, and they would basicly die every time you arent playing.

We should not punish people for not playing, im very much against persistant player position.

I dont really like OP's idea either, but i would however like to see the option to "sleep" ingame and then log out.

However it should not be mandatory at all, its should be an option, perhaps giving you a "refreshed" status when loggin back in, after x hours??

This game is all about choices and options, we should not limit them, only create more for us to utilize.

Either way, nothing like this would take care of server hoppers and combat loggers tbh.

Edited by Byrgesen

I think the current solution is actually quite good - you have to find somewhere you think is safe and log out.  If you come back and you are dead then you obviously didn't log out in a good spot.

Personally i don't log anywhere except huddled in a pine tree well away from any town or zombie.

• Like 1

Increasing the 30 second cool down timer to 5 minutes would fix most of the problems.

I've lost count of the number of times we've engaged other squads at an airfield, one dies and the others run into a camo or ATC and logout. They know it takes longer than 30 seconds to clear the building properly, so the odds are in their favour.

Edited by psykotech

Increasing the 30 second cool down timer to 5 minutes would fix most of the problems.

I've lost count of the number of times we've engaged other squads at an airfield, one dies and the others run into a camo or ATC and logout. They know it takes longer than 30 seconds to clear the building properly, so the odds are in their favour.

yeah lets just make it 1 hour, so we can be sure that it wasnt really a combat log! 5 minutes is to long i think. 1 minute would be enough.

NTY.

When I'm asleep I can get up in signs of danger.

What I think would happen is you would be running through the woods and find about 10 bodies in the space of about 20 minutes.

There would be no safe place.

I think a log in timer too, where you are idle in game for a few seconds unless you were disconnected, this would encourage people to log in a good way from the action.

Maybe increase the log out to 1 min, when my friends and I get off one of us will usually stat there on watch to make sure we both log out alive, then the third logs out too.

If we do get attacked we will probably only loose the last mans gear.

Kind of like a sentry that you might have when you need to get sleep.

I like the way the logouts work at the moment.

If anything, I would like Deans idea of logging out in a camp gives you some bonuses like you've had a meal and some sleep.

There would be no safe place.

I think a log in timer too, where you are idle in game for a few seconds unless you were disconnected, this would encourage people to log in a good way from the action.

If you had the ability to lock doors,and board windows,i don't see why not.

I'm all for extending the log-out character persistence to several minutes. Five is definitely not too long - maybe even 10.

Logging out should be treated as your character going to sleep - you shouldn't need an actual bed (though perhaps a health bonus for making yourself comfortable and/or malus for sleeping on hard/wet ground would be good). But you wouldn't settle down for a kip in the middle of a gunfight, either, so you shouldn't be able to log out (safely) if there's action going on around you. Thirty seconds is too short for this.

BUT: it can't happen until they fix the ESP X-ray telescope vision zombies.

• Like 1

Surely this would mean people are then bound to one character per server?

Surely this would mean people are then bound to one character per server?

People would never agree,but yes that's what i mean.

(or the ability to bind your charachter in particular server eg:You want to start basebuilding? Bind you charachter to the server.) Or is it too restricting....i don't know...it's just an opinion :)

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

People would never agree,but yes that's what i mean.

(or the ability to bind your charachter in particular server eg:You want to start basebuilding? Bind you charachter to the server.) Or is it too restricting....i don't know...it's just an opinion :)

I actually wouldn't mind that, but this would be something to implement once base building is in the game, as well as private hives.

Good idea this way a fortified "home" makes sense. Unless of course players try to glitch through walls.

Once I saw a post a guy made that we should make a poop animation so when you logout when being chased by the guy he at least know that you logged by seeing the shit :D

• Like 1

If you had the ability to lock doors,and board windows,i don't see why not.

If you had the ability to do that you would get all the barracks doors locked, and the one guy that managed to get in just slipping in and out of every server, safest hopping ever.

I think the current solution is actually quite good - you have to find somewhere you think is safe and log out.  If you come back and you are dead then you obviously didn't log out in a good spot.

Personally i don't log anywhere except huddled in a pine tree well away from any town or zombie.

I think the current solution will work better if they remove the login timer for logging back into the same server. Stops people having to wait 5 minutes if they need to log out for a minute, or if they crash, yet still has the timer for people trying to hop or ghost.

Why is it that almost every thread I see on this topic is horribly thought out? How would this work across servers? On a private hive I can -almost- see this working. It'd be terrible but it'd make some small modicum of sense.

How long does the bed stay? If I don't play for two days does that mean my character is asleep for two days? Does that mean that if in those two days somebody stumbles across me I'm basically fucked?

In regards to having a longer log out timer - no. I once had a zombie chase me half way across the map. A 5 - 10 minute logout timer would ensure that said zombie would easily be able to catch up with me. What if I log out in the upper floor of a building or the the middle of a forest and 5 minutes later somebody else finds me? What if my internet cuts out? What if I'm kicked? 30 seconds I can deal with, but 5 -10 minutes is moronic.

Think before you post.

• Like 2

Once I saw a post a guy made that we should make a poop animation so when you logout when being chased by the guy he at least know that you logged by seeing the shit :D

Hahaha that's a classic!

The legendary "Seems like he shit himself and combat logged" topic.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172963-poop/?hl=turd#entry1765084

Why is it that almost every thread I see on this topic is horribly thought out? How would this work across servers? On a private hive I can -almost- see this working. It'd be terrible but it'd make some small modicum of sense.

How long does the bed stay? If I don't play for two days does that mean my character is asleep for two days? Does that mean that if in those two days somebody stumbles across me I'm basically fucked?

In regards to having a longer log out timer - no. I once had a zombie chase me half way across the map. A 5 - 10 minute logout timer would ensure that said zombie would easily be able to catch up with me. What if I log out in the upper floor of a building or the the middle of a forest and 5 minutes later somebody else finds me? What if my internet cuts out? What if I'm kicked? 30 seconds I can deal with, but 5 -10 minutes is moronic.

Think before you post.

But think of all the fun you could have if you discovered someone in the log-out sleep! Fill their backpack and pockets with rotten fruit, badly damaged pliers and copies of The Mayor of Casterbridge; handcuff them, and leave them be.

It'd be hilarious.

Edited by Pillock

But think of all the fun you could have if you discovered someone in the log-out sleep! Fill their backpack and pockets with rotten fruit, badly damaged pliers and copies of The Mayor of Casterbridge; handcuff them, and leave them be.

It'd be hilarious.

But I feel as though bandits would just shoot sleeping people, rather than fucking with them.

Rust does this. But Rust does it WELL. See, Rust's whole entire point is to build a base and survive. Without an impenetrable base, someone will just kill you. But each server has it's own Hive. So each DayZ server would have to be private hive. And that'd be a lot of fucking work. I actually like OP's Minecraft style way of playing though.

And if DayZ was like this, you'd inevitably die anyway. Someone would be bound to find you and kill you.