crazyandlazy

Anyone getting bored of Standalone?

It is very discouraging to play when you loose decent gear due to someone kicking you when on please wait screen.

I like the banter me and my friends have. We have just recently changed style of play and gone onto a private persistence server because we like the idea of setting up a campsite, calling it home & struggling to find loot when in non persistent servers loot spawns everywhere and replens after 2-4 hours.

That said I spent a lot of time playing Dayz Epoch, met a lot of people via the side chat, made a lot of allies and friends who i would bump into and not get shot by because we had all spoke at some point on the chat and knew who each other were and how we played. Dayz epoch also never got boring for me because i literally spent months building my base, slowly collected all the supplies, traded when needed and even had a nice little safe house set up at a spawn point. Was good fun. Dayz standalone with persistence on kind of has the very small elements of that, instead of feeling like a bunch of hobos robbing houses.

Try joining Roleplay servers.

Yeah it sounds lame, but it's more fun than gearing up, shooting some people, then dying to a bug/glitch

• Like 1

Just getting bored of the servers resetting without warning on 90% of the servers, or conveniently resetting right after killing people.  Servers not displaying when they will be resetting is just completely needless.  This along with the recent memory bug has pretty much killed dayz for me.  

Yeah it sounds lame, but it's more fun than gearing up, shooting some people, then dying to a bug/glitch

In response to your sig...It's a hill.

Not at all. Its one of those games that it is what you make it. I have many char's across Private Hives that are geared for differing playstyles (Farmer, Full Ghillie, Survivor/Hunter, Bambi rush) plus Public Char for pure PVP/Banditry.

I Love this game. 1103 Hrs and counting hints I may have a problem.

I'm at 200+ hours in a little over a month and still finding new places on the map. I've recently changed m "w" key to slow walk and been just strolling around the edge of the map. I'm dying to see my first interaction just wandering like I'm a tourist in the apocalypse.

Sometimes I get bored (or rage-quit for awhile) and then I play something else, lately I've been enjoying the Nosgoth beta and of course, ARMA3.

If you only really play one game, sooner or later you'll get sick of it, it's a good idea to mix things up.

I'm at 200+ hours in a little over a month and still finding new places on the map. I've recently changed m "w" key to slow walk and been just strolling around the edge of the map. I'm dying to see my first interaction just wandering like I'm a tourist in the apocalypse.

If you want to raise the stakes, try walking casually down the NWAF runway on a full server. I saw a guy doing that once, I had him in my sights but I just could not bring myself to pulling the trigger, out of sheer respect for his daring attitude :p

Boredom can be released if you change up your game play some. Try clan play, or group play. Try stalking other groups, or take over a town with high populations.

Its all relative to the environment we are given. Remember much of the testing of items are in play, so yes its boring to lose items and re search for those impossible spawn rates to test out a new M4 variant that isn't around. We now have tons of pm73 25/25 mags but 0 pm73 guns. We have tons of rain coats but no m4's. We have sun glasses now but tents don't work.

So yes it is boring, and this why introducing some pvp might be fun.

No..... Why the game updates almost every month that means new stuff to go by and an occasional server battle on my buddy's pve server blowing up prison walls is fun. But when we get a crappy update(.49) then hero's and generals is there so I can serve ww2.

Edited by DaNic2553

If you want to raise the stakes, try walking casually down the NWAF runway on a full server. I saw a guy doing that once, I had him in my sights but I just could not bring myself to pulling the trigger, out of sheer respect for his daring attitude :P

I have a feeling results would vary greatly on that one. I haven't needed 7.62X39mm for awhile but I'd still quickly quietly check some army tents at night I think. I'd like the walk/jog to be a smother toggle because that guy jogging right up to yo to talk or not is off putting. Ir's really tough to guess intentions out of voice range if everyone is running like a crazy person.

I just wait for the updates and then try to find or craft any new items. Don't go burning yourself out on an unfinished game.

quite the opposite for me, i can't seem to get enough. i have well over 1000 hours and i can easily play for 10 hours which feels like 10 mins.

i try to limit playtime to only the weekends though just because it's too addicting and just don't have the time during the weekdays.

though this last update .54 keeps crashing on me so that's a bit annoying.

In response to your sig...It's a hill.

TFjoCYC.png

yeah.

TFjoCYC.png

yeah.

What is it about DayZ that it robbed people of their sense of humor?

agreed, rp servers can definitely be really good fun when looking for something else than laying around in the bushes, waiting to poach people.

So I'm at about 300 Playtime at the moment. Just looked on Steam.
I'm waiting for the important content for me. Such as primitive base building to create a separate area.
Where to cultivate crops. Builds up the tent or 2-3 smaller tents + campfire.
Possibly a truck next to it, or even a bicycle, small boat.
Somehow, something like that. Crates for storing food, ammunition, clothing, etc.

But would like gesagt..ich already satisfied if things remain on the server stored permanently and you can count on.
Simpler base building can just order to build up something and then possibly lose again and possibly elsewhere plunder.
Just fight for survival amidst a zombie apocalypse.

Of the zombies to mention. But who are, after all, so slow in the extended development.
An incoming zombies with stealth option would have been a start in this regard.

Otherwise, I watch the days back in and n, there will certainly come back again to at least 5-10 hours.
But I'm just missing that the new, fresh things atm, since I already have everything experimented ingame as good as possible.