crazyandlazy

Anyone getting bored of Standalone?

I think the dayzmod is much better at the moment than the standalone... - In standalone I am fully geared up... - and I dont want to kill other survivers, it feels like a COD-deathmatch.

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Yes, I only play SA when friends are on an want to play.  I'd currently rather play the mod or various other games then SA.  Not because it's a bad game, but simply because it's limited in it's current state.  I'm confident it will get better but currently the only fun I have with this game is when I'm gearing up.

I did 1,200 hrs on the mod with in 5 months of it being released and i have a job, wife and kids and yes i was nearly divorced :P

• Like 2

Yes I'm bored right now but it's ok for me. I check steam/the forum daily and as soon as the new patch arrives I will playing again to test all the new stuff.

I am after 83 hours.. I haven't played regularly since February.

I did 1,200 hrs on the mod with in 5 months of it being released and i have a job, wife and kids and yes i was nearly divorced :P

lol xD

i justed hit 400, i usually just change up my gameplay troll as a fresh spawn, run around find some cool people, not neccisarly worring about gear or anything, i just let the tides of dayz take mt sail

I am promptly cooling off

I am slowly cooling off

I am hungry

I am hungry

I am cold

I am shaking

Got bored really, really quickly

600+ hours here. Still shake from adrenaline after every gun fight. No other game gives me that.

• Like 3

Kind of bored, but thats because i seem to run into hackers evey day now. Just 10 min ago i had to ask him for my stuff back. We decided he could keep the rice i had if he dropped the gear. I know that any second at any time someone will just murder me and i can't do anything about it because they hack. 330 hours.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 1

991 hours played. Clayccrews on steam if you doubt me. I have been a hero and a bandit. This game is still a blast for me. I look for people on full pop servers. There is always something to do and it gets better every patch.

• Like 1

I'm still having tons of fun.

• Like 2

720 hours in. 6 playstyles. hundreds of encounters, everyone of them different. still not bored. no other game can give me tha adrenaline rush like dayz...

• Like 1

200 hours in and still having a blast, though I'll admit I've taken breaks here and there since launch while waiting for things to patch up

Join a full pop server and just run to the closest big city and start running around punching people screaming into direct chat "I'M MIKE TYSON BITCH!!!!".  That's what I do and it's usually pretty fun for both parties, lol.

Nah, I have a lot of friends who I regularly play with, and I try to take a few risks now and then to keep it alive.

I do get bored of it often, other times I really enjoy it. I play for weeks on and then quit for weeks. Normally its after I die in game. Its a que to play something else for a while. Or some kind of game glitch causes me to go...mhh... Or if theres a bad patch. It makes me lose interest fast. Its never good to just focus on one game for hours and hours days on end anyways, eating chips in your moms basement. Just take a break and stay fresh, and have a life. Go do something else.

DayZ is really fun and interesting when everthing is going good in the game, and the mechanics are running smooth. But that is a really delicate balance. Once a bad glitch starts "the weather hot fix" or the "melee" bug starts, along with all the other ones. The game starts to go down hill fast and I lose interest fast. It becomes then becomes simulated flagellents. I'm almost in a game play cycle now, were I think...."better play it now while its running good, becuase lord knows it will be all dicked up again sooner or later." LOL Its growing pains is all it is and I have to remind my self all the time, this is a work in progress. Dosn't always work, but I try to tell my self that.

For me I would call it bored, its more of I just don't feel like wasting time, when there fun killing glitches, would rather just wait til it fixed. I do own other games ya know.

Edited by CJFlint

Only 120 hours since the SA was released.

I was bored.  Then I discovered your can eat people.

Join a full pop server and just run to the closest big city and start running around punching people screaming into direct chat "I'M MIKE TYSON BITCH!!!!".  That's what I do and it's usually pretty fun for both parties, lol.

Agreed! :D

I sometimes get bored while playing, but then I just start again the next day and hope for better fun. And I still keep coming back.