Sign in to follow this  
stealthbg

Sweets and toothache

Hi all,
What about adding sweets? :P They are going to feed players a bit. If you eat many if them you are going to become a toothache. This can be healed with medicine.When you have a toothache you are going to eat foods slower.You are also going to become more energy from the sweets.post-203249-0-35232400-1397066889_thumb.
Hope you will like this idea!  ;)

Become energy? What did the scouts say about the candy's power levels? THEY'RE OVER 9000!!!!

• Like 2

Too much fine detail makes it more real but kills the game. Where will it end? Why doesn't eating the beans make you fart? Why don't they make it so your nails grow and you have to keep clipping them? Add a weight system so if you eat too much junk the clothes you are wearing no longer fit you? Yes it's more real, but it is tedious.

• Like 3

I'm down for more candies being added but please no toothaches I already have to get a real root canal let alone a virtual one haha .

At first I thought it was a good idea, but I will go with Grapefruit kush's idea. More sweets but no major negative effects lie toothache.. bit too far.

d53bloe63bu.gif

Too much realism = fun-killer  :)

(Except shaving, of course)

brushing teeth, etc. etc.

also there is a system on the way, so you will catch a cold, if you are wet and don't wear good enough clothes.

then you become sick. (but the effects of being sick are unclear atm. Maybe running slower, more hunger/thirst)

you are going to become a toothache.

;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 3

i would be down for adding sweets to the game, perhaps a mix of hard candies and soft? I know some survival kits ship out with hard sugar candies to be used for emergency energy boosts.

Given survivor's rugged lifestyles their nails would wear down naturally.

Yes, but for realism they have to put guitars in so I can sit by a campfire. so I'll need a manicure if I'm going to bash out some Segovia to impress the ladies. Unfortunately my food will get infested by ants and the mosquitoes would keep biting until I got malaria, then a high wind would snap a branch off a tree and flatten me.

Meanwhile, in Elektro, Frank is wrestling with the idea of the suicide-run to the shop so he can at least get some detergent to wash his clothes. It took six weeks to get a generator and working washing machine, but if he doesn't wash them soon the zombies will find him on smell alone...and he'll get lice...and the ladies will leave.

Yay for realism.

• Like 1

I'd like to see chocolate bars, Lollies and all that sort of stuff, But regarding a toothache, That should only become a message not an actual thing ^.^

Yes this is too much detail to the health system, we may as well add stubbed toes, scratches, pimples and ingrown toenails.

All types of food should be available though.

I wouldn't eat sweets if i was going to get toothache so no to this one thanks.

candy to give you energy like the drinks is a great idea, having tooth ache wouldnt really bother me. good suggestion tho

Plain chocolate lasts 2-4 months in the pantry(shelves) 4-6 in the refrigerator and 6-8 in the freezer.

So yeah,it's a viable product in the apocalypse.Other sweets,i'm not so sure.

Source: http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweets/chocolate-shelf-life-expiration-date/

Now,concerning the toothache part though,i find it highly unessecairy.

Hi all,

What about adding sweets? :P They are going to feed players a bit. If you eat many if them you are going to become a toothache. This can be healed with medicine.When you have a toothache you are going to eat foods slower.You are also going to become more energy from the sweets.attachicon.gifsweets_2623400b.jpg

Hope you will like this idea!  ;)

You wouldn't even have to implement a mechnic like slower eating, although I'm not saying the devs  shouldn't do that. You can catch a deadly infection if you have rotten teeth and no access to a dentist. To combat this, maybe you should be able to wash your teeth(with water and a brush).

Not a completely useless suggestion, since it would add challenge to the game, but it wouldn't make me cry if it wasn't implemented.

d53bloe63bu.gif

Too much realism =/= fun-killer :)

(Except shaving, of course)

brushing teeth, etc. etc.

First time anyone admitted that on this forum.

First time anyone admitted that on this forum.

damn, actually I mean the opposite.

Too much realism (like toothache, etc.) can destroy the fun pretty easy sadly. ^^

How exactly would toothaches affect your character though? If they were implemented, I'm sure it would happen quite often due to the amount of crap that your character eats and drinks.

How exactly would toothaches affect your character though? If they were implemented, I'm sure it would happen quite often due to the amount of crap that your character eats and drinks.

Simple....

- My tooth hurts

- You are dead

• Like 1

If you eat many if them you are going to become a toothache. This can be healed with medicine.

So that's what the pliers are for!

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

So i was thinking since most of the bulk of the game play is going to be hunting and cooking why not latter on add in a way to make sweet treats of some type?

Now i KNOW we wont be able to make ice cream. The machines would take way to much to keep functional especially at say an ice cream plant. Refrigerators would be hard to maintain to keep the ice cream constantly cold without spoiling. And the alternative handmaking process of ice cream would probably be just as equally hard to keep up on.

Chocolate MIGHT be an exception however im not to familiar with the area and cocoa plants used to make the chocolate probably wouldn't exist in that region. Also making chocolate in general is as much of a science as it is an art. Very hard to do sometimes.

So here is an alternative to something sweet i was thinking of that would POSSIBLY add in that wouldn't be to immersion breaking. What about honey treats? They wouldn't melt like chocolate or ice cream and you would be able to easily make something candy bar sized if you have the right tools to harvest it with.

Finding honey would be a bit of a hunt but worth it if you do. Extract the honey  from the honey comb. Heck you could even eat the damn honey comb if you wanted and still get some nutrients from it. Cook it in whatever than you have your honey bar treats. I know it sounds silly but i could REALLY see this being a neat little thing to do. Also lets say if you can cook the honey treats they offer a sugar rush boost that could make you run slightly faster and make you tire less for a little while. Something beneficial that would get ppl to want to go hunt and make them anyways.

brownricekrispy1.jpg

honey.jpg

I could also see stuff like maple syrup and stuff we could use for food and treats as well if the region permitted it! :O

So what do you guys think? It was something i had gotten the idea for considering things like candy would be all melted and nasty after a zombie apocalypse. Its low priority i know but it would still be cool to see at some point. Maybe maintaining a honey hive or something to and making sure raiders don't steal your stuff.

Merging

Edited by kichilron

Merging

Oh thank you! It was a good topic idea i just didnt know what happened to it. XD

diabetes. if some kind of diseases would be in game it would be maybe suck... but realistic. :)