bioned

im not sure upcoming features are "positive" to the game

Very poor?  Unlike the Flintstones joke above, Czech is not in a stoneage, nor an amish farming community.  Check it out on google maps.  Most towns seem to be pretty well off.  New cars, latest cellphone adds, happy people going about their day.  the cities are cleaner then most up here in Canada.

Lots of last century anti-Russian propaganda still causing racism against our sisters and brothers from another mother(Russia.)

Oh dear lord *sigh*. Chernarus isn't even real..... Just sayin' look at the architecture in the area. No water towers, no luxury shops, no water towers, no restaurants, and the grocer is tiny! People get their water from freaking water pumps! Russia is also a 2nd world country. Don't say "Oh, they're first world!" Because a first world country is one that's already developed and have a strong industry base. The US, most of western Europe, Japan, and China fir this criteria. I'm just saying that Russia is not a "well off" country for the most part. It used to be, and some parts of it, such as Moscow, still are. I'm just saying that MANY parts of Russia are very poor and abandoned.

Oh dear lord *sigh*. Chernarus isn't even real..... Just sayin' look at the architecture in the area. No water towers, no luxury shops, no water towers, no restaurants, and the grocer is tiny! People get their water from freaking water pumps! Russia is also a 2nd world country. Don't say "Oh, they're first world!" Because a first world country is one that's already developed and have a strong industry base. The US, most of western Europe, Japan, and China fir this criteria. I'm just saying that Russia is not a "well off" country for the most part. It used to be, and some parts of it, such as Moscow, still are. I'm just saying that MANY parts of Russia are very poor and abandoned.

Do you even play the game?  About 80% of what you said was wrong.

You must be american.

If you want to talk about poor and abandoned, at least bring up Detroit.

Edited by Gorvi
  • Like 1

You must be american.

I am American, I also agree that Detroit and Louisiana are some really fucked up states that need fixing. Also, it's a known fact that after the cold war, Russia slowly fell, and fell, and fell. I also don't appreciate Canadians thinking they're so much better than Americans. To quote Axl Rose (Gun's n' Roses singer) "You can suck me! Take that one to heart" *Canadian Accent here* Eh??

YAH!!! A pissing contest.

FFS, would you guys leave it out.

OT: The upcoming features are definitely required and have no effect on any one that is not interested in them. Don't wanna hunt.... DONT. Don't want to build a fire..... DON'T

Want to kill some silly survivalists around their pretty camp fire while the bake bread silently with a bow or at full noise with the gun of your choice... OK!

DayZ is turning into a more realistic survival game.

wait - let me finish eating my 10 packs of rice

I am American, I also agree that Detroit and Louisiana are some really fucked up states that need fixing. Also, it's a known fact that after the cold war, Russia slowly fell, and fell, and fell. I also don't appreciate Canadians thinking they're so much better than Americans. To quote Axl Rose (Gun's n' Roses singer) "You can suck me! Take that one to heart" *Canadian Accent here* Eh??

It's because, well. We are. 

Sorry to burst your bubble.

On-topic: More authentic survival elements are welcomed greatly by me. Now, get on to makin' just about everything a bit more indepth and less arcadey.

• Like 1

You must be american.

Ok so why don't you book a trip. Come here to Michigan and stay a full night in Detroit and talk to everyone you see. Oh and try not to be racist now. You will get your ass beaten.

DETROIT IS NOT A STATE IT A CITY!!

Wtf dude?! XD

• Like 1

the next few patches:

GUNS

GUNS

GUNS

MAYBE A BOW

GUNS

CROSSBOW MAYBE

GUNS

GUNS

GUNS

SOME MORE GUNS

AMMO TYPES FOR ALL THE GUNS

GUNS

oh and maybe cooking lol jk JUST MORE GUNS

If I didn't know any better, just looking at most patch notes would make me think that they're not even trying to make a survival simulator.

It feels really silly, putting all of these guns in the game, if the amount of gun spawns are going to be drastically reduced in the future in favor of either spawning, or crafted bows and slings and things. Just so many friggin' GUNS.

• Like 1

Very poor?  Unlike the Flintstones joke above, Czech is not in a stoneage, nor an amish farming community.  Check it out on google maps.  Most towns seem to be pretty well off.  New cars, latest cellphone adds, happy people going about their day.  the cities are cleaner then most up here in Canada.

Lots of last century anti-Russian propaganda still causing racism against our sisters and brothers from another mother(Russia.)

As I have learned, Chernarus is not the Czech republic. First, it uses the cyrillic alphabet.

Edit: I had this beautifully worded response written out and it was all ruined. 

I'll make this brief: Deathlove, regarding the racists in Detroit, that's why there was a great "flight", especially after the race riots of '68. We all know what the real problem is, and it isn't "racists".

First and second world don't refer to economic status, but to alignment with NATO or the warsaw pact. Crazy spider, you fail social studies.

Edited by agouti
  • Like 2

As I have learned, Chernarus is not the Czech republic. First, it uses the cyrillic alphabet.

Second, it has a coast.

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they implemented severe ammo spawn limitations. Make those shots you take count!!

• Like 4

What how absurd they are trying to add survival elements to a game being sold as survival horror what is the world coming to isnt survival merely having the most guns???

I think someone bought the wrong game dont fear arma is on sale every other week try it out its an awesome mil sim with more guns than you can poke a stick at(  specially with modded guns)

I welcome as many survival aspects as possible when the weather is as big an enemy as the zeds and pew pew players... I welcome hunting and bare bones survivval crafting kinda like how i would imagine things would go in a complete and utter breakdown of society and all the luxuries that come with it. With no one making ammo for these guns how long do you think bullets will last when your shooting at the 99% of the population who have turned into zeds ( and in most cases the 1% of humans also ) Thats right let rip full auto your m4 a gun not made in this fictional country sure it would have come with nato forces but how much ammo did they bring how much of it did they use when it all turned to shit..

PvP should always be a part of this game fighting for survival for the dwindling resources but to many of you guys just want to deathmatch to deathmatch and are waiting for bases so you can stock them with ammo guns so when you die you can quickly re arm to deathmatch . For vehicles so you can travel fast to speed your kills how about some of you actually think of how to survive in a survival game rather than how many kills you can get with each life radical thought i know but has none of you noticed there is no K/D score.

If I didn't know any better, just looking at most patch notes would make me think that they're not even trying to make a survival simulator.

It feels really silly, putting all of these guns in the game, if the amount of gun spawns are going to be drastically reduced in the future in favor of either spawning, or crafted bows and slings and things. Just so many friggin' GUNS.

They are adding guns for us to test them and give feedback on how they are working.  After that, they will more than likely change the spawn rate of the guns with certain ones being more rare.  The constant bitching and moaning about the direction of the game is absurd as we are here to test.  That includes testing, ahem, guns.

• Like 2

They are adding guns for us to test them and give feedback on how they are working.  After that, they will more than likely change the spawn rate of the guns with certain ones being more rare.  The constant bitching and moaning about the direction of the game is absurd as we are here to test.  That includes testing, ahem, guns.

Did you not read the "If I didn't know any better" -part? I am well aware of the fact that we are testing. I was simply talking from the point of view of someone who doesn't know much about this particular project.

Still, point taken. Have some beans.

You dont play in Chernarus, you just play in one of its least developed province South Zagoria near the borders with Russian federation. There used to live large minority of Russians hence the cyrilic name of towns , but rest of chernarus speaks czech.

I never implied we are better.  I just don't go assuming other counties are shit.  Ive been to America and its a lovely country.  Little more trash tossed on the ground for my canadain liking, but eh.

Either way.  Chernarus is based from real life locations you can view on google maps street view.  It reflects ingame.  Most cities and houses have plumbing, electricity and any other luxury we are granted in 1st world nations.  Chernarus has diners, restaurants, shops, and water towers all over the place.  Problem are early in development, only one type of building, and are assets from arma.  Buildings are hugely still work in progress.

You know all those pumps are for non drinkable water in real life, right?  Most of them don't even work anymore, and I suspect it will be the same in DayZ.

It isn't supposed to be the Czech Republic, no matter what the topography is based on. It's got to be close to a thousand miles between the Czech and Russian borders - you have to cross Slovakia and the whole of Ukraine, which is a big country (bit smaller these days).

And then there's the ocean. The Czech Republic is a long way from any coastline.

Chernarus is a very poor place in its feel - the infrastructure is basic, there are no big towns, the land is largely undeveloped. The Czech Republic does not fit the bill politically, economically, culturally or geographically for a comparison with the setting of either Arma 2 or DayZ, I don't think. It seems more like the eastern Black Sea or Caspian Sea region to me.

less guns more craftable options! I like the way its going! Get away from been 'soldiers in zombie apocalypse' i want to be the everyday man and craftable items are much more fun and add something to do

It isn't supposed to be the Czech Republic, no matter what the topography is based on. It's got to be close to a thousand miles between the Czech and Russian borders - you have to cross Slovakia and the whole of Ukraine, which is a big country (bit smaller these days).

And then there's the ocean. The Czech Republic is a long way from any coastline.

Chernarus is a very poor place in its feel - the infrastructure is basic, there are no big towns, the land is largely undeveloped. The Czech Republic does not fit the bill politically, economically, culturally or geographically for a comparison with the setting of either Arma 2 or DayZ, I don't think. It seems more like the eastern Black Sea or Caspian Sea region to me.

The buildings in dayz are directly influenced by areas in the czech republic.  I'm not saying its the exact same country, but its comparing snowflakes.  Both are made of water, but slightly different in structure.

Most of Chernarus recovered from post soviet collapse, slowly rebuilding industry and allowing more foreign influences.  Chernogorsk being the tourist capital with smaller cities along the coasts.  This is reflected through literature, food, clothing, low cost computers, cars, etc.  Also, the game map is not all of Chernarus.  We are ment to be in a rural area.

I agree building density could be beefed up and I can only assume this will happen with progressive map updates.  The newer cities look more filled out then ones ported from the mod.

I personally would love a 6400 sqm map, though its something I will cross my fingers for.

320 sqm would be more realistic.

Edited by Gorvi

Chernarus =/= Russia

On topic.

Well if some of the folks on this forum are to be believed, they'd have us all playing WWII zombies with our PPSh's and Mosin's only!

However, these things (like starting fires) are fundamental aspects of modern survival. They're tried and true methods that have crossed the ages. Man can always make use of a fire.

The "modern" stuff like stoves and stuff will still be there.

yeah, totally bullshit, on a post soviet country we should be swimming in p90's and honey badgers with tactical combat extra field resistant picatinny rails and p2000s, with our l33t l96a1 rifles and a corvette driving around.

'murica people...

Edited by lipemr

yeah, totally bullshit, on a post soviet country we should be swimming in p90's and honey badgers with tactical combat extra field resistant picatinny rails and p2000s, with our l33t l96a1 rifles and a corvette driving around.

'murica people...

Doubt that will ever be a problem atleast with stand alone.

The weapons added in the game, have all shown us that they are really moving away from obscure high end tacticool gear.

I would not be surprised at all if the m4 is the highest end assault rifle available in the game.

Doubt that will ever be a problem atleast with stand alone.

The weapons added in the game, have all shown us that they are really moving away from obscure high end tacticool gear.

I would not be surprised at all if the m4 is the highest end assault rifle available in the game.

well, let's hope so.

'murica people...

Right, because that's what I said. I wasn't referring to what the OP was articulating, meaning stoves and such /sarcasm

And your blind prejudice against my nationality is adorable! Do they make more of your kind?

Edited by Katana67

'murica people...

Now from your post i dont really get what your saying but it sure seems like your insulting Americans. I dont really appreciate that sir and/or ma'am. Edited by Murlough

Again...

FN FNX used by nobody outside of a few LE organizations in Belgium and the US (who use the FNP, not the newer FNX). Relatively rare in the civilian market. In the game.

1911, rendered as a modified Kimber Warrior, used by nobody. Insanely expensive and rare in the civilian world. Or, if you use your imagination, it resembles the M45A1 used solely by "tacticool" operators in MARSOC/FORECON. In the game.

Amphibia S, highly regulated and expensive single-make modification for the Ruger Mk II only used by SEALs. In the game.

How are these things not obscure again?

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2