Mr Jizz

New SMG Announced... Any guesses?

If we get a Tommy gun, I want an Enfield again. Not because they were good, just so I can run around screaming "Anyone in Cherno?" and smashing off dinnerbell shots.

Edited by The_Monk

I'd like to see the Vityaz-SN submachine gun. It uses 9mm ammo, so that wouldn't be a problem, and this gun is truly badass. It weighs less than 7 pounds, is equippable with a silencer and can have tactical flashlights/lasers. 

It fires at 700Rpm, which is pretty fast, and I'd like to see a fast-firing SMG in game for the new players, as it would be a bad choice compared to an assault rifle. Though I would like to see SMG's have the ability to go in your backpack, so it could be used as a secondary to clear buildings, which Assault Rifles and shotguns/pistols somewhat suck at.

pp19_1.jpg

QevO8N.jpg

What new pistol ammunition do you honestly think they're going to add just for the purpose of implementing the new SMG?

Terrific news.

I am all for more weapons that use very common ammo no more annoying hunting for obscure ammo or seeing weapons that are obscure and rare in the real world be in the game.

I really hope it's no mp5. It would be pretty boring and bland.

I really am hoping for an eastern smg. Preferably an older one.

Edited by Buffaloe

I´d like the AK-74u it fits in the place,a russian region. But I am praying for a UMP45 or an MP7

Well, if they're not planning on adding more ammo types it could be .45 and 9x19 parabellum. So I guess the Bison, PP-2000, Skorpion vz. 61, MP5 as viable options IMO

I really hope it's no mp5. It would be pretty boring and bland.

I really am hoping for an eastern smg. Preferably an older one.

It's not boring or bland.

The MP5 is the premier smg.

When you think of a sub machine gun no gun has more prestigue or success than the mp5.

It has been adopted in what more than 90 militaries throughout the world and thousands upon thousands of police departments.

It is cheap, accurate and effective. It truly is a magnificent weapon.

Magnificent, but too mainstream.

Isn't that the point ?

To add weapons that fit for the setting and would make sense.

Exotic weapons and exotic calibers are not the way to go.

• Like 1

It's not boring or bland.

The MP5 is the premier smg.

When you think of a sub machine gun no gun has more prestigue or success than the mp5.

It has been adopted in what more than 90 militaries throughout the world and thousands upon thousands of police departments.

It is cheap, accurate and effective. It truly is a magnificent weapon.

That's exactly why it is boring. It can be found in nearly every game.

And while it indeed is rather common, I'd still prefer a distinctly eastern weapon.

Edited by Buffaloe

That's exactly why it is boring. It can be found in nearly every game.

And while it indeed is rather common, I'd still prefer a distinctly eastern weapon.

TBH, I would die a little inside everytime I see someone running around with an unrealistic exotic weapon in a game like DayZ. It would seriously screw the game up for me and I'm sure many others. But to some degree I agree with your post. A bison for example, though not unrealistic at all, would be less "boring" than an MP5.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bizon, MP5 or AK-74u coming in.

or AK-74u coming in.

Not an smg...  Ak74u sure would be a great addition though.  Imo it, along with small smgs and other very compact carbines with fully collapsible stocks should fit in your backpack so long as mags are not in the gun.

Edited by taco86

I think it's going to be the AK-74U. Iconic Eastern Bloc SMG, commonly used in the Chernarus war from ArmA2.aks_ce3_render.jpg

Not an smg... Its a carbine of the AKS-74 also its AKS-74U the AK-74u doesn't exist. Also what is up with all these rare weapons? No to the P90, just no, rare as hell ammo, barely used, just no...

I think it's going to be the AK-74U. Iconic Eastern Bloc SMG, commonly used in the Chernarus war from ArmA2.aks_ce3_render.jpg

Not an smg... Its a carbine of the AKS-74 also its AKS-74U the AK-74u doesn't exist. Also what is up with all these rare weapons? No to the P90, just no, rare as hell ammo, barely used, just no...

• Like 1

why not the ppsh-41? :D

Honestly, I'd love that. It might not be as fitting as other guns, and the gun nuts will surely want something newer. But still... It would be epic, I loved this gun so much in Red Orchestra!

• Like 2

AKS-74U. The MP5 wouldn't really fit well with the setting and lore, but the wail of the sirens has it's allure....

But I hope they ignore you and go my route.

Y'know. Superiority complex.

AKS-74U. The MP5 wouldn't really fit well with the setting and lore, but the wail of the sirens has it's allure....

But I hope they ignore you and go my route.

Y'know. Superiority complex.

The AKS-74U is still not an SMG... They also said no new ammo types, so it's gotta be 9x19 parabellum or .45. Hopefully the Bison or the Skorpion.

The AKS-74U is still not an SMG... They also said no new ammo types, so it's gotta be 9x19 parabellum or .45. Hopefully the Bison or the Skorpion.

Good point, either of them would fit. I just want them to get the gun itself in the game soon, as it seems like they're allergic to adding new guns with new types of ammo, and they've proved that with the Blazer, m1911, and the AKM.

Isn't that the point ?

To add weapons that fit for the setting and would make sense.

Exotic weapons and exotic calibers are not the way to go.

I do agree with you but I just hope its not like the mod I emptied a full mag into a guy in a fire fight and he ran away, I never used it again

maybe it could be a SIG SG 552 Commando, its actually a carbine but many armies and games considered it as a smg, since with the butt collapsed its only 50 cm... and that´s not really much

Not that it will actually be it, but a Carl Gustav m/45.

272_2.jpg

Edited by LeChat

Im not convinced by the MP5.

I do think if we had a zillionand one weapons, then to include the MP5 would be fine.

It might be worldwide available but "feels" wrong to me for DAYZ.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2