manicfury

What Do? "End-game"

My ideal endgame (that is possible in the short term) would involve basic persistent storage, customizable "faction" armbands, random spawn locations over the entire map, spawn control via buildable/destroyable device and only basic barricading (i.e. a wooden slats on a door or spiked barricades that kept out zombies). Nothing too advanced so that a single player with the right equipment (pliers, hammer, screwdriver) couldn't break in and take the loot.

• Like 1

Go into Elektro, drop your backpack for the first freshspawn you see, don't give them any weapons, but rather parts you can't use that are valuable, mags etc. Then go run around and kill all hostiles :P

PVP right now is the big thing to do. Over time when more and more gets added to the game it will change up.

I'm trying to come up with challenges right now like surviving hordes of zombie on a hardcore server at night with a limited amount of ammo using only a lantern in the middle of a major town.

I cant wait until you can go on base raids and/or have big battles with people trying to raid your base.

At that point you have nothing to lose...don't die of a glitch..go south meet ppl (almost all the ppl i know in dayz i met ingame), make random groups with ppl while using all your suvival instincts and you will be surprised the stuff that randomly happens.

Try the hero/survivor angle and try to comm with ppl; much risky but worth the "rush" imo!

Keep an extra canteen, can opener etc..things you take for granted now are actually valuable to some you come accross. 

And there, before you know it you have a small greatfull group with you ready to loot the next town...

A fun session from there on... :thumbsup:

My ideal endgame (that is possible in the short term) would involve basic persistent storage, customizable "faction" armbands, random spawn locations over the entire map, spawn control via buildable/destroyable device and only basic barricading (i.e. a wooden slats on a door or spiked barricades that kept out zombies). Nothing too advanced so that a single player with the right equipment (pliers, hammer, screwdriver) couldn't break in and take the loot.

Ah yes! those should be coming! From that twich video recently Dean  says fridges and even cabinets will be persistent, and upgrading fireplaces to ovens. The barricades could be far off though...i would love those regardless.

Ah yes! those should be coming! From that twich video recently Dean  says fridges and even cabinets will be persistent, and upgrading fireplaces to ovens. The barricades could be far off though...i would love those regardless.

Barricades are key to the multiplayer component. They could implement mechanics like large barricades only being moveable by two or more players but breakable after a long time by one. The more players the quicker the barricade could be destroyed. Something like that. At the very least add locks for doors and lockpicks. :)

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

Barricades are key to the multiplayer component. They could implement mechanics like large barricades only being moveable by two or more players but breakable after a long time by one. The more players the quicker the barricade could be destroyed. Something like that. At the very least add locks for doors and lockpicks. :)

Agreed, makes logical sense. Unfortunately i don't think its a priority atm and i estimate it will take a few months before they tackle it..thats why i hope they get the "cooking" patch to stable soon.

So I am completely geared up to my liking. Plenty of food/water to last me days. SKS with Pristine PU Scope and about 100 rounds of ammo. Now that I have everything I want, I don't know what to really do. With all of this nice stuff, I worry about taking risks interacting with people so it gets boring. Thinking of making a suicide run into Elektro in full server and seeing what kind of trouble I can find. Maybe help someone out along the way.

What does everyone do once they get geared up?

Either walk around woods, explore the unexplored, or go to towns and meet/kill or most likely be killed. Unfortunately with sks protruding from your back, and a big backpack, you will be a target for everyone, even heroes. You can just hope you at least have some kind of shootout rather than just walking and BAM "you are dead screen". Trust me the faster you die the more fun you will have, as a fresh spawn you are more likely to approach players, interract without fear of being stabbed in the back, rescued by heroes or even have a boxing match with players and zombies.

SA doesnt really even have a beginning game, let alone an end game.  There is basically nothing in the game at the moment. 

No crafting, no base building, no high end loot, no vehicles, no group objectives, no player economy. 

End game happens the min you spawn in.   

I know that feel bro.

If you aren't into deathmatch in Elektro, my suggestion is sightseeing. Chernarus has some really nice places to see (Green Mountain, the castles, and so on...).

Right now simply looking for a cowboy hat.

Thats right folks and fellas, a cowboy hat. Because cowboy hats are AWESOME! And it MUST BE a BLACK one! So actually I'm just randomly traveling around inland and try to meet other friendly players on middle pop servers.

I know that feel bro.

If you aren't into deathmatch in Elektro, my suggestion is sightseeing. Chernarus has some really nice places to see (Green Mountain, the castles, and so on...).

Right now simply looking for a cowboy hat.

Thats right folks and fellas, a cowboy hat. Because cowboy hats are AWESOME! And it MUST BE a BLACK one! So actually I'm just randomly traveling around inland and try to meet other friendly players on middle pop servers.

I am wearing a black cowboy hat right now... come to Zeleno. Maybe we can make a trade :)

I'd say just explore the map, if you don't want to go find Valhalla in the city or a military installation.

Knowing your way around is important, and there are lots of interesting places you probably haven't found yet.

With all of this nice stuff, I worry about taking risks interacting with people so it gets boring

That's your problem right there. If you can train yourself not to fear losing your kit then the potential for interesting interactions is way better.

I have friends who do this, whenever they got a good rifle (this is mostly in the mod, mind you.) they'd get all paranoid and just want to sit and camp. Then they'd complain about how boring it was, and how "Nothing even happens in DayZ" at which point I literally had to tell them "That's because you play it wrong."

No thanks, I've sat on my last hospital roof. If I'm playing DayZ I'm down on the ground, constantly moving and trying to get the jump on people.

when you are fully geared you:

DDotcr2.gif

Edited by DMentMan

What I personally do at the end game, is me and my bud go take a person hostage and make them play a small game we made for their freedom. When we feeling dangerous and wildddd we go find cherno sniping scum and put them to rest.

Today I was badly injured from a hatchet mad newspawn and needed water desperately, so I went to the swamp area near the shipwreck I then got told to drop my weapon and I had no choice for I was outnumbered, handcuffed by a group of 5 people near the shipwreck, they said I dont have a boat pass so I was an immigrant and I gave them my magnum for one which earned my freedom. I thought it was really neat and creative! Props to that group that didn't shoot me on sight !

My boatpass

jtxerk.jpg

• Like 1

So I am completely geared up to my liking. Plenty of food/water to last me days. SKS with Pristine PU Scope and about 100 rounds of ammo. Now that I have everything I want, I don't know what to really do. With all of this nice stuff, I worry about taking risks interacting with people so it gets boring. Thinking of making a suicide run into Elektro in full server and seeing what kind of trouble I can find. Maybe help someone out along the way.

Well how about you start risking your life recklessly? All that gear is useless if you do not use it.

Hunting for elusive pistol clips and lrs's, then ammo and yellow boxes to improve storage capacity...

Actually I'm pretty geared up (3 pistols plus ammo and a Moisin FFS with a painted fireaxe "for close encounters") so I'm doing the tourist trail, visiting all the sights and snapping the best pictures I can take :). Plus scoping out future base sites for when those systems are implemented....

Right now I am experimenting with Z´s a lot. I find them somewhat amusing to herd about. I have used them against bandits, sucess one tome out of three tries... :/ it will improve.

Now I am gonna herd them (do not try to handle groups larger than 3-4) from villages north of electro and baluta and try to place them as extra attractions for those murderers on the sniper-hills.

Try it out, it is not that easy, but very rewarding when successful.

What would you do in a RL zombie apocalypse?

Survive - yes that means sometimes you'll be bored. Go for a walk when that happens :)

What I personally do at the end game, is me and my bud go take a person hostage and make them play a small game we made for their freedom. When we feeling dangerous and wildddd we go find cherno sniping scum and put them to rest.

Today I was badly injured from a hatchet mad newspawn and needed water desperately, so I went to the swamp area near the shipwreck I then got told to drop my weapon and I had no choice for I was outnumbered, handcuffed by a group of 5 people near the shipwreck, they said I dont have a boat pass so I was an immigrant and I gave them my magnum for one which earned my freedom. I thought it was really neat and creative! Props to that group that didn't shoot me on sight !

My boatpass

jtxerk.jpg

LOL that's hilarious

If i'm with my clan i'll kill anyone on sight. But when i'm lone wolfing it i often head to the coast and hand over a majority of my inventory to friendly freshspawns.

I really dislike PvPing. I try to be the hero in previous lives but always get gunned down as I am trying to greet another person. I think I'll head to Elektro and chill somewhere in the hills and wait for gunfire. Hopefully can track them down and take them out if I deem it a threat. 

You could always look for a good group to join up with. Plenty of good hero groups to join out there. Safety in numbers. :D