Jex

What do you think full modding support will do to DayZ

LOL, your not very smart are you its relevance is to show how irelevant your opinions are specially when there based on watching videos oh and other opinions you think you rememember people saying.. Honestly pathetic ,but by all means continue jester you seem to love playing the fool...

Ill leave you to it seeing now how does that saying go about not argueing with the a certain type of person as they will reduce you to there level and beat you with experience ( para phrased to not be deemed insulting).

As for what modders will do for the game that really depends on the modders and there ideas of what Dayz is, and in the end if vanillia dies its not because of modders but because players let it die by not playing it.. So many people like to point the finger at someone else but not at themselves, modders mod out of love of the game they dont get paid there intentions are generally pure ( i said generally )

At the end of the day its coming moding has been confirmed officially several times now so as i said in an earlier post if you want to keep alive Dayz or the essence of what Dayz is play the servers that do that dont blame someone else if what you want goes belly up i mean if this thread is any indication there seems plenty who will want to play straight SA exclusively ( yeah we will see for how long though when all the new features start apearing in mods some good some great and probably some really bad and not in the spirit of dayz....

People here will be able to work out who is smart....

and who is dead.

(oh and btw your spelling and grammar is that of a dunce ;))

Edited by Jexter

Modding can only benefit a game in the long run to be honest. I seem to remember reading/hearing rocket say the dev team would leave things like as one example, the group system to modders, while this would not be to everyones taste, some people out there would welcome a group system with open arms. Say this mod was made, if you like it you download it and play on a server that has it enabled, you dont like it? Dont download it and dont play on a server with it enabled - simple.

If the state of the final product is actually what we are all hoping for there may be no need for things such as dayz SA epoch etc...

Two of the things im looking forward to seeing from modders are the new maps that will undoubtedly be created and also possibly the new menu skins, saw a few concepts on reddit recently and i must admit they look nice.

A bit late to the party , but all I can say is Taviana and Namalsk better make a comeback!

The fact that some people actually don't support modding here shows one of two things.

Allot of these new players come from consoles.

Or

Alot of people in this community are stupid.

I support modding, however, it needs to be monitored and approved by the devs before granted access.

Same rule should apply to private servers deviating from the vanilla Dayz experience (to prevent micro transactions in a survival game *facepalm*)

A bit late to the party , but all I can say is Taviana and Namalsk better make a comeback!

Well this is a good point. There are obviously some mods that nobody has a problem with, maps being one of them. Loved Namalsk, Tav I wasn't so in love with tbh but it was still a great map. But what else can modders make? Can they make new cars, clothes, items to be placed in the SA?

Well this is a good point. There are obviously some mods that nobody has a problem with, maps being one of them. Loved Namalsk, Tav I wasn't so in love with tbh but it was still a great map. But what else can modders make? Can they make new cars, clothes, items to be placed in the SA?

This is the kind of content I want to see. Community submitted maps, weapons, vehicles, clothing, accessoriess and more.

Gamemodes: not so much. I'm not interested in Epoch, or Overwatch where you parachute in with an mp5, find a humvee with a 50cal and go build a doomfort that other players get teleported away from if they try to walk near it.

Isn't Frankie the DayZ messiah?  Surely every video he posts portrays what DayZ is about about, right?

People here will be able to work out who is smart....

and who is dead.

(oh and btw your spelling and grammar is that of a dunce ;))

yeah english being my third language i am not very good at it to be honest and yeah i am sure they can figure it out jester lol it must be someone who forms opinions from watching something in a edited video rather than experience and forming opinions on other peoples opinions they kinda rememeber .../

Doohh i mean second language wearing that dunce cap again aye.

Edited by SoulFirez

Any chance we can just discuss modding support without having an argument in the thread, no?

• Like 1

Any chance we can just discuss modding support without having an argument in the thread, no?

with a person who wants some mods  but not others but is not smart enough to figure he can do this by choosing the servers he plays on not really..Specially whe he is the narrow minded kind that can form opinions based of videos and cant figure how modding of the rv 4 and the rv 3 engine relates to modding a moddified rv 3 engine.

Yeah actually your right its kinda pointless when you think about it ...

yeah english being my third language i am not very good at it to be honest and yeah i am sure they can figure it out jester lol it must be someone who forms opinions from watching something in a edited video rather than experience and forming opinions on other peoples opinions they kinda rememeber .../

Doohh i mean second language wearing that dunce cap again aye.

You can't stop whining on about my opinion of one video and desperately trying to show how it is relevant to my OP. It isn't relevant and you're the one that started the with the slurs here numbnuts and you're STILL going on about it!! Yes that's right I form all my opinions on watching video's that aren't based on my own thread topic.

Somebody please help me out here?

You can't stop whining on about my opinion of one video and desperately trying to show how it is relevant to my OP. It isn't relevant and you're the one that started the with the slurs here numbnuts and you're STILL going on about it!! Yes that's right I form all my opinions on watching video's that aren't based on my own thread topic.

Somebody please help me out here?

Why do you need help?? i am merely pointing out the stupidity of some of your posts and you keep back pedling and trying to brush of the relevance of your own posts you made in your own thread and you need help ? well ok maybe you do ..

But no comment on the validity of your choice in mods as you say you like new maps so is it not relevant that you choose to play servers that have only modified the map or does your narrow opinion base need to be placed on those who wish to see where the community could take the game.../

with a person who wants some mods  but not others but is not smart enough to figure he can do this by choosing the servers he plays on not really..Specially whe he is the narrow minded kind that can form opinions based of videos and cant figure how modding of the rv 4 and the rv 3 engine relates to modding a moddified rv 3 engine.

Yeah actually your right its kinda pointless when you think about it ...

WTF are you on?? Seriously where have I said ANY of what ur deluded brain is making up? You're of the moronic kind that can't understand basic concepts, continually getting in those insults at any opportunity. Go back and read through the thread fool.

Edited by orlok
stop the personal insults

Why do you need help?? i am merely pointing out the stupidity of some of your posts and you keep back pedling and trying to brush of the relevance of your own posts you made in your own thread and you need help ? well ok maybe you do ..

But no comment on the validity of your choice in mods as you say you like new maps so is it not relevant that you choose to play servers that have only modified the map or does your narrow opinion base need to be placed on those who wish to see where the community could take the game.../

No you started this by making a statement about how I form opinions. You're way to thick to reason with and can't understand how irrelevant that is to the topic at hand and you won't shut up either. I need help from the other users in trying to make YOU understand.

It's like talking to a creationist. I give up.

WTF are you on?? Seriously where have I said ANY of what ur deluded brain is making up? You're of the moronic kind that can't understand basic concepts, continually getting in those insults at any opportunity. Go back and read through the thread fool.

If you re read my posts there actually isnt any direct insults there mate( you had better re read your own my comments are directly based on what you say hence why i have qouted you every step so even after any possible editing tits still there..) saying that what you have posted is stupid isnt an insult i am not calling you stupid. Saying you base opinions on videos isnt an insult you stated it yourself the only one throwing actual insults is you lets see it was dunce numbnuts morronic...

Difference is you cant seem to stand when someone is in conflict with your ideas which surprises me it doesnt happen more often judging by there level of content.

Can you both just shut up??  Get back to the topic at hand.

"If" BiS doesn't allow people to change the way the game is suppose to be, from a survival game to a boring generic pvp game, then I personally have no issues with mods.

• Like 2

No you started this by making a statement about how I form opinions. You're way to thick to reason with and can't understand how irrelevant that is to the topic at hand and you won't shut up either. I need help from the other users in trying to make YOU understand.

It's like talking to a creationist. I give up.

Why  give up the topic is about modding i am in full support of modding ( makes sense as i am a modder)  you are not, the best way to show the strength of ones arguement ( based on this being an open debate being in a open public forum) is to show the weakness of the arguement being presented by those in the negative.

You failed to do this you just want to throw insults when you come up against oppersition to your opinions hey just because i think your wrong doesnt mean your wrong argue the points why is modding bad why should only some things be modded and not others. Why is not your own choice of servers not a strong enough device for you to protect what it is you want and if its not does that not mean in reality your opinion is not in the majority ??

I didnt like many of the mods of the dayz mod but many of them had great modding work put into them and as pointed out many were watered down by the fact admin could effect the game data base eg your 1000s vehicles etc shouldnt you rally against admin powers to do such things rather than stiffle creative works that may MAY grow dayz..

Edited by SoulFirez

Hello there

Its getting a little heated here. Calm it down,please.

Rgds

LoK

Can you both just shut up??  Get back to the topic at hand.

"If" BiS doesn't allow people to change the way the game is suppose to be, from a survival game to a boring generic pvp game, then I personally have no issues with mods.

I can agree to a point on this but again you do realize that most of the 1000s vehicle start up gun etc servers are actually not the work of modders but of admins adjusting the database of the game..

Although i didnt agree with many of the decisions of say epoch mod some of it was very much in the spirit of dayz ( barricading etc not the npc traders that belongs in wasteland)

Again at the end of the day the players have a far bigger effect on making the game a boring death match not modders hell dayz aint even finished and what are players doing?? again keep the spirit of true dayz alive by choosing your server you play on the ill informed rallying against modding is well almost  offensive specially in a game that came from a mod imagine if the arma community was so against modding and keeping it pure vanillia arma ( many were against dayz though )

If you're going to hide my derail pic, you should go and hide their entire argument in the thread also.

Hello there

Your post broke Rule 9.

If you have an issue with moderation please PM a green or other blue mod. Public discussion is not appreciated.

Rgds

LoK

It will allow people to do as they will. It's a good thing.

Now - this isn't going to happen with the Standalone, simply because Dean has announced that server-hosters will not have access to the database. This is what the shards are for - and the shards will still be hosted and controlled by the DayZ-Team.

So, no, people will not do as they will.  It's a good thing

• Like 1

Every one moaning about mods opening the door to EZmode servers need to remember that it goes both ways. 

Was I the only one that played DayZ 2017? 

Based on the server list I'm going to say yes.

I looked at arma3 dayz and it doesn't look like anything special. Frankie was playing it, hundreds of zeds all walking around him but so boring, they weren't even a threat.

That was during a 1 day period where they were broken, which he knew, and just wanted to make the mod look like shit because he's an asshole.

Have you not seen his latest "QQ SA sux devs lied about everything" video?

Edited by Weedz

So it strikes me people are against modding fall towards two bits of reasoning. One, they feel it splits the community when they all could be just playing one game. Or two, they simply don't like the mods themselves.

I would remind you of this. There are those in the Arma community who feel the same about DayZ and wished it had never happened, if they had their way, the mod that we love so much wouldn't exist.

Bohemia allowed Dean to create DayZ by leaving Arma open to modification. And in that spirit you can be guaranteed that SA shall enjoy that freedom also.

So if you don't like modifications of standalone, all you have to do is set your filters. To deny everybody the slightest modifications is to deny yourselves spontaneously great ideas! I personally I have little doubt that modification Will be allowed and I hope good tools are created with it. Nothing else would ensure better and more streamlined modifications...

Modders can do anything they want.

A mod can be something as simple as adding cannibalism to Stand Alone all the way to a total conversion that takes the game away from chenarus and into rural Ohio with completely new items and loot and game mechanics.

Modding should be free and unrestricted in stand alone this way it can flourish and prosper the next big thing could come from this and besides if anyone doesnt like the mod nobody holds a gun to your head and forces you to play it right ?

• Like 1