Jex

What do you think full modding support will do to DayZ

The vanilla mods are not a barometer for this.. that was all script based and is much easier for others to mod in just about anything they want. 

For the SA things will be much different. Just wait. You will have everything from RP servers to mods like how Breaking Point was when it came out with 1k+ vehicles, every weapon known to man in each loot spot, and more bugs than a Puerto Rican Sewer system. Things will get fractured as each new mod drops, but then people will start to fall into place. Find their home, and all will be well. I never, ever, ever had an issue finding great servers/mods/communities. I dont know anyone that did, that kept looking. I know many that said, "aw, that shit sucks.. fuck this!" and gave up right there. I never would have found great places like Z.nu or BMRF.me if I had those same sentiments. 

Exactly.  Just go look at the server list for the mod.  The real servers are pretty much empty and the pvp servers are jam packed.  I get people want to pvp but what I don't get is that there is a plethora of games out there that are strictly pvp without the worry of pve getting in the way.  Hell, I don't understand why they just aren't playing ARMA........

LOL exactly! And not to mention they don't want to run around looking for gear, they want it right away so what is the big attraction about playing DayZ as a pvp game when you have COD, BF and Arma out there. Fuck me there's arma games where u respawn 10 seconds after you die with all ur gear - this is weird. ;)

• Like 1

Exactly.  Just go look at the server list for the mod.  The real servers are pretty much empty and the pvp servers are jam packed.  I get people want to pvp but what I don't get is that there is a plethora of games out there that are strictly pvp without the worry of pve getting in the way.  Hell, I don't understand why they just aren't playing ARMA........

Vanilla DayZ is pretty bad from a PvE aspect which is why people don't want to play it. Even when more game mechanics like hunting, fishing and farming are added it will stay a horrible PvE experience due to the rampant KoS and griefing. The fact that PvP servers are packed just illustrates the fact that the majority of DayZ players don't want a survival game, they want a slow deathmatch shooter.

Permadeath and zombies.

Edited by scriptfactory

Vanilla DayZ is pretty bad from a PvE aspect which is why people don't want to play it. Even when more game mechanics like hunting, fishing and farming are added it will stay a horrible PvE experience due to the rampant KoS and griefing. The fact that PvP servers are packed just illustrates the fact that the majority of DayZ players don't want a survival game, they want a slow deathmatch shooter.

That's what doesn't make sense.  Why destroy a game that's not a war sim to make it a war sim?  And no, it's not because of the perma-death otherwise they wouldn't be spawning players with full gear.  That is not perma-death

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

I think modding will finally bring some real content to SA.  Judging by the speed of development I don't believe that the current dev team is capable of finishing this game in any reasonable amount of time.  I think the decision to allow modding pretty much confirms that they know they cant do it

That's what doesn't make sense.  Why destroy a game that's not a war sim to make it a war sim?

Because they can. It is clear that DayZ doesn't have a clear vision from a game design perspective. You can't have it both ways. Either the dev team needs to wake up and say, "Ok. We are making a survival game and we need to introduce game mechanics that enable this experience to happen" or they need to continue on their current course and it will eventually devolve into 1000+ vehicle PvP deathmatches.

Edited by scriptfactory

There'll be some good things, buildings, items, textures, mechanics, and more by opening up modding. There'll also be bastardizations, so you've got to be willing to take the good with the bad and hope for the best.

Because they can. It is clear that DayZ doesn't have a clear vision from a game design perspective. You can't have it both ways. Either the dev team needs to wake up and say, "Ok. We are making a survival game and we need to introduce game mechanics that enable this experience to happen" or they need to continue on their current course and it will eventually devolve into 1000+ vehicle PvP deathmatches.

No, what's clear is i don't think Dean has the balls to stand up against the bullshit and constant whining ranting that goes on here, reddit or any other forums.  All it sounds like is he is caving in the the masses who are destroying what the foundation of DayZ is about.

• Like 1

No, what's clear is i don't think Dean has the balls to stand up against the bullshit and constant whining ranting that goes on here, reddit or any other forums.  All it sounds like is he is caving in the the masses who are destroying what the foundation of DayZ is about.

LOL

The only reason SA even exists is because of the popularity of the MOD.    What you call destroying the foundation of DayZ is the exact thing that made this possible.

I think the majority of the 1.7 million people who bought this game wanted the MOD without hacks... its just that simple.   People want cars and helis and guns and loot and bases and gold.... its why so many people play 

Kill it, definitely, let modding be in DayZ Mod and let standalone be it's own game. We don't need more epoch shit

Edited by flygamer1
  • Like 2

LOL

The only reason SA even exists is because of the popularity of the MOD.    What you call destroying the foundation of DayZ is the exact thing that made this possible.

I think the majority of the 1.7 million people who bought this game wanted the MOD without hacks... its just that simple.   People want cars and helis and guns and loot and bases and gold.... its why so many people play 

Uh, you do realize the man who created the mod is the the same man who created the SA?  The "modders" didn't create DayZ, they ruined it.

Uh, you do realize the man who created the mod is the the same man who created the SA?  The "modders" didn't create DayZ, they ruined it.

uh. Do you realize he left the mod for like 2 years to create this empty shell of a game and in that time the mod did nothing but explode in popularity 

• Like 1

uh. Do you realize he left the mod for like 2 years to create this empty shell of a game and in that time the mod did nothing but explode in popularity 

Simple people like simple things.  I get it :)

Simple people like simple things.  I get it :)

Yep, you are clearly content playing a running simulator with no content... it dont get more simple than that 

Edited by captainvette2112

the game is in -BREATHE- AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it is still being constantly updated and is nowhere near being finished.

Come back in 6 months.

have a nice day.

In your opinion what is DayZ about?

the game is in -BREATHE- AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it is still being constantly updated and is nowhere near being finished.

Come back in 6 months.

have a nice day.

6 months?  More like 36 months.  They have been working on this for over 2 years and the only thing they have to show for it (IMO) that is even a slight improvement over the mod is a better inventory system and open buildings.

At what point will the fanboys stop using alpha as an excuse for this game sucking.... you cant even call this a game... there is shit to do in a game.  This is just a map and placeholders. 

Edited by captainvette2112

At what point will the fanboys stop using alpha as an excuse for this game sucking. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153994-early-access-important-information-known-issues/

well there will be two times:

whenever people like you get off the forums and complain about how bad the game is.

or when the game gets into Beta.

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 1

In your opinion what is DayZ about?

It's about a war-torn country and the military has fallen apart breaking of into different factions.  The remaining military survivors are now scrambling to find the best parts to put their helicopters and tanks back together all the while searching for the best military loot that is left over.  Am I doing it right?

Modding will come too soon and will slowly but surely ruin the game. Even by the time it comes, the game will not be as feature complete as the mod was meaning it will turn into something even closer to a generic shooter compared to what happened to the mod. I always knew it would happen but it's disapponting to see Dean talking about modding being some kind of priority this early in the development.

• Like 3

It's about a war-torn country and the military has fallen apart breaking of into different factions.  The remaining military survivors are now scrambling to find the best parts to put their helicopters and tanks back together all the while searching for the best military loot that is left over.  Am I doing it right?

I believe that's wastelands.

Kill it, definitely, let modding be in DayZ Mod and let standalone be it's own game. We don't need more epoch shit

Kill it, definitely, let modding be in Arma and let Arma 2 be it's own game. We don't any more DayZ shit

Edited by Napalm Dog

I believe that's wastelands.

Which is what people are trying to turn this into.  I guess you can't read sarcasm

Which is what people are trying to turn this into.  I guess you can't read sarcasm

I can read sarcasm, but it's the inflection of voice that makes it obvious. <_<

• Like 1