Sign in to follow this  
over9000nukez

Would you shoot me...

Friendly and friendly actions are two different things. Been killed by the mask wearing lunatics several times (every time was hostile) and sometimes they were very friendly - until their friend snuck behind and executed me, or they shot me, or asked me an innocent question and then did the same. Any kind of mask, I shoot first second and third - don't bother with the questions later.

All others not wearing masks? Completely untrustworthy - just don't blast them on site, at any range... I have a thing about clowns to - don't like them - might be why, but regardless, your dead in my presence....

I don't SOS clowns...but I certainly give them a wide berth.

However, my whole team is nothing but bike helmets & gas masks..and we give backpacks/food/water to fresh spawns.

Everytime I've been tricked into a trap, it's a bambi lol, never a gas mask dude.

I don't SOS clowns...but I certainly give them a wide berth.

However, my whole team is nothing but bike helmets & gas masks..and we give backpacks/food/water to fresh spawns.

Everytime I've been tricked into a trap, it's a bambi lol, never a gas mask dude.

Bambi's always seem to make their intentions known quickly to me - and without a weapon, it's not yet (probably keyword) bit me in the ass. I don't go terribly far out of my way to help them though. It's a cruel world out there - time to survive or die, I'm not carrying anyone I don't know....

LRS, there so rare i'd kill for one...

Chances are high you would just damage it when you guys were in a confrontation, unless you were very, very careful about it.

Chances are high you would just damage it when you guys were in a confrontation, unless you were very, very careful about it.

I've never damaged a scope before in combat (either side) but have heard its possible. I wish there was a way to build an IED to put in my pack. I like my gear ruined for the next person. :)

The only weapon I have the shows to the gaming world is my chest holstered 1911. I switch it out with my amphibia.

The axe and sawed off are kept in my pack ;)

Day_Z_2014_03_30_14_22_15_443.jpg

Would you shoot me?

No, I wouldn't shoot you. Black wool coat, black flat cap. :thumbsup:  I like that style. (Leather shoes B) ) You look like a decent man!!

:beans:   (I'm outta beans...)

• Like 1

Yea man, sorry but I have to agree. Primarily because it invokes imagery of stuff like..

Storm-CHRON.jpg

and..

hl2combine.jpg

Half of communication between human beings is body language. To hide one's face, particularly the eyes, is to hide one's intentions. This manifests itself as immediate unconscious mistrust.

I've even ditched my aviators to further my "intent" or at least "capacity" to communicate.

The mask carries no tactical or medical advantage, so wearing it is simply decorative. Probably best to pitch it.

Edited by Mr Jizz

Yea man, sorry but I have to agree. Primarily because it invokes imagery of stuff like..

Storm-CHRON.jpg

and..

hl2combine.jpg

Half of communication between human beings is body language. To hide one's face, particularly the eyes, is to hide one's intentions. This manifests itself as immediate unconscious mistrust.

I've even ditched my aviators to further my "intent" or at least "capacity" to communicate.

The mask carries no tactical or medical advantage, so wearing it is simply decorative. Probably best to pitch it.

ya i think it might almost make no diffrence, im usually shot either way.

to me i think it scales, on one of your graphs (I think your the guy who uses graphs a lot of explain things?) It would be like a U shape, fresh spawns an G.I. Joes (super geared camo) seem to die a lot, while the mid ground people arent shot as much, thats just my theory.

A parabola? Yes, I suppose DayZ works like that.

As long as you don't sprint at me with or without a weapon, or sneak up on me in a building then you're okay by me. If  you're going hero though, I'd suggest a motorbike helmet so you don't get knocked out easily, saved me a few times from froggy freshies. Also... I'd lose the mosin and go for literally anything else, mosins are desireable, a sporter 22 or shotgun? Not so much. And nice rider's jacket, just found a worn one myself and it rooocks.

As long as you don't sprint at me with or without a weapon, or sneak up on me in a building then you're okay by me. If  you're going hero though, I'd suggest a motorbike helmet so you don't get knocked out easily, saved me a few times from froggy freshies. Also... I'd lose the mosin and go for literally anything else, mosins are desireable, a sporter 22 or shotgun? Not so much. And nice rider's jacket, just found a worn one myself and it rooocks.

dude iv been gang banged by fucking guys in bike helmets just by trying to be friendly. I wouldn't even trust biker helmet guys with a grain of salt let alone some one with or without a mask. It makes no DIFFERENCE what the fuck the person is wearing as long as there are COD kids in this game. PURGE THE SICKNESS and the problem will be reduced. Meaning nuke the fuck out of the COD/FPS frag fest ppl.

Yes OP, you look like a person so I would shoot you.

Quoted for truth, especially if you are in my territory.

7SFyy.jpg

I prefer the Motorcycle helmet with leather jacket n cargos.

Adds more cadence to the look, cant wait to pimp that outfit with my pedal bike :p

So you can't wear a helmet with a gas mask, but you can wear a cowboy hat while the gas mask glitches right through the top...

Yes, I'd totally shoot you for the LRS, unless I already had one, then I'd possibly leave you alone depending on the situation. Last guy with a sniper whom I let go went and got his friends and came to try and kill me. 2/3 of them died, then the server restarted... I did steal his scope though.

So you can't wear a helmet with a gas mask, but you can wear a cowboy hat while the gas mask glitches right through the top...

As i stated with this in a post i made, why they decided to make this a top priority fix for the developers team baffles me. Even if the combo with gasmask and ballistic helm does make sense.

No. I don't know why people just want to kill each other in post apocalyptic games. Why not help each other. Lol.

• Like 2

even the medic guy? 

forgiven.

I personally only thing KoS should be done to the G.I. Joes who have full camo and ballistic helmet, because of the sole g fact they look like they are anticipating a fight with someone, when you look prepped to fight people, your probably a KoSer or a bandit. thats why i dress sort of casual, with the gasmask because it looks cool/apocalypse-y (fits the setting)

Well then I need to switch me gear up a bit, I wear stuff that will protect me from being shot at and that will help hide me. Looks like the only way to not be kosed by a normally friendly player is to run around in a yellow rain jacket no head gear, a red backpack and yelling g in the mic, as not to accidently sneak up on someone.

Also, if you ran into me with out me noticing you getting closer and didn't call out, I would probably hit you with my axe... Witch I always have out despite having to much m4 ammo. Now if I saw you first I would drop into cover and say something.

haha, my first M4 attachment was an ACOG optic... I didn't keep it, because I didn't like how it zoomed. Haven't found one since...

I've found a few, like 2-5 or so, whereas LR scope ranging from badly damaged to pristine, 10-20 including dead bodies.

I "thought" i seen a guy axe murder another player in elektro hospital so i shot him he was dressed much like you are, it was a snap decision based pretty much on 1. elektro lol yeah axe murders happen and 2. his gas mask. Reviewed shadow play footage he was axing a zombie aggressively and trying to help a person with a broken leg. I feel bad about it but yeah it happened because of the gas mask and the location i guess oh and it turns out i blasted the dude he was trying to save as well I figured he was already dead...

so with that said there is a chance if i seen you moving around a place like elektro and you didnt try to speak to me then yeah id probs shoot you.

I would not shoot you for wearing the mask.

I would if I saw you in a sniping spot with that mossin drawn.

I wear the payday masks.When you look like a murderer new spawns behave better when your trying to help them.

Those who keep calm when they see me have better interactions, those who spas out and shoot first or try to, get bullets from me or my mates.

Most of the bandits and KOS players seem to be wearing civ clothes right now.I am sure it will change again.

the gas mask, i would probably  kill you, 3 times

Does anyone else, just not care about camo? I mean the most I will usually do is wear a green backpack, or wear camo if I haven't found anything that looks good yet.

I usually go for blues, grays, and sometimes reds. I'll do other colors too if it meshes well with what I have, but I rarely do TTsKO or hunter pants.

I don't know, to me it seems like if someone is near me they're going to see me regardless, so I might as well dress in appropriate "casual medic/friendly" clothes to suit my play style. Unless you're hiding in grass trying to counter snipe they're likely going to see or hear you running anyway; so I don't really see the point..... Not to mention Camo stands out more in the cities.

As far as head gear goes, I have a UN helmet and a respirator, no glasses. So as far as protection goes I may as well be as protected as a camo guy anyway. (military jackets don't have extra protection do they?) The only real conundrum for me is storage space... I have a UK vest for storage, and the extra room in TTsKO jackets sometimes tempts me into wearing them, hopefully we will be able to dye/spray paint everything in the future, that way we can get some more diverse load outs and we don't have to be GI Joe just because we're a packrat.( possibly at the cost of condition degradation.)

For masks, what I look forward too is more character customization: different haircuts, scars, tattoos, facial hair, facial structures, etc.

This way masks will become a much bigger factor; seeing someone's face will let you know who you're dealing with and they can't try to trick you or come back after you kill them pretending to be an innocent new spawn....

I still want to see a video of someone taking potshots at people , running away, changing clothes, and making friends with the same people they just shot at; I think it would be hilarious. I mean Alchestbreach kind of did it with someone where they both died and met up as new spawns, not realizing they had killed each other until the very end, but that was unintentional. What I want to see is some more really fun and creative bandits, instead of this KoS, force feed, "weapons test" stuff. which is getting kind of old.

• Like 1