Krisius

Ethnic Discriminations

Hi guys, as the title says, ever been shot to death in Dayz after you answer a "where are you from?" question?

Me and my friend were shot the other day because we are Romanians :). Our executors were from Germany as they stated and can be easily tell after their accent. 

We met in Balota on the airstrip after a good looting session, we got acquainted, they seemed to be friendly and were helpful, we were too and hoped to join together and carry on looting. After asking "where are you from?" there was silence and an only "hello Romania!" then HEADSHOT. And the server title was "BE FRIENDLY, loot here and go PvP on other servers"

I am sooo disappointed and this is the reason from now on I will not be friendly anymore, sorry to say this, I was hoping to meet new players and have a good time but this was the final draw :)

So...if you ever find yourself in a "Hei waaaait, i'm a Romanian!!!" situation and then you are dead, well it was me and other few of my friends.

FYI: Being friendly gains you a lot more than a loot! You get to know new people, you get to practice your English at least, you learn new things about the game and so on, you will be more safe from bandits, most probably items will be given to you if you are in need etc...especially if you are on a "Be friendly" server. This is how good intended players turn to bandits and soon all the players on DAYZ will be bandits and DAYZ will turn slowly into a COD or Battlefield Game. Sad but true! 

Cheers!

Edited by Krisius

I highly doubt it was ethnic. They probably decided to shoot you long before he asked you where you was from.

I got executed the other day for not knowing the capitol of Idaho. People just want to fuck with other people. It wasn't because you're Romanian. It was because you were a human playing DayZ.

• Like 5

I've been called "nagger" on multiple occasions. But it is the same in CoD, BF4, CS:(x) and virtually every other FPS I have played. DayZ is one of the least racist games I have played but that is maybe only because there is virtually no social interaction in this game.

• Like 2

I highly doubt it was ethnic. They probably decided to shoot you long before he asked you where you was from.

I got executed the other day for not knowing the capitol of Idaho. People just want to fuck with other people. It wasn't because you're Romanian. It was because you were a human playing DayZ.

This.

They were just fucking with you and would have shot you even if you said you were German like them.

Edited by Weedz

I remember a quiote old youtube vid of a squad that only killed french people (they were from GB...ireland? Welsh? whatever...)...so it's not that uncommon, but I highly doubt that they were really out to kill romanians...I mean...where do you find enough of them in the SA? ;)

And for some freaking reason I meet a lot of people from France...and my french is SO bad (I had it for 8 years in school and I forgot nearly everything^^)...but well, maybe it gets better again, thanks to DayZ ;)

• Like 1

Well, it's not only the germans :P

Got shot 3-4 times after telling the other one that I am german ;) 

I remember a quiote old youtube vid of a squad that only killed french people (they were from GB...ireland? Welsh? whatever...)...so it's not that uncommon, but I highly doubt that they were really out to kill romanians...I mean...where do you find enough of them in the SA? ;)

And for some freaking reason I meet a lot of people from France...and my french is SO bad (I had it for 8 years in school and I forgot nearly everything^^)...but well, maybe it gets better again, thanks to DayZ ;)

HUNT THE FRENCH!

• Like 3

I'm a United States citizen.  I have a messed up work/sleep schedule, so I usually only get to play nights.  That gives me so many opportunities to interact with our brothers from the old world (Europe).  These interactions gain me vast insight into our country's visibility to the "outside world" and, wouldn't you know it, our shortcomings seem to stick with them. 

Somebody who spoke like KoS writes (unfortunately without the smilies) asked me why Americans thought that Ukraine was a part of Russia already.  Before I had to time to do the undesirable act of answering a question with another question (What the fuck are you talking about?), I was promptly shot next to some hostile sounding words.

I was bound once by a chipper group of British teens who, upon hearing my American accent, laughed hysterically for an awkward amount of time.  Turns out they had an inside joke about the obesity problem in the USA, so they decided to handcuff me while they filled me in on the joke.  "So, you're fat, right?"  "C'mon, he must be fat, he is American after all.  Or, is it only the kids that are fat?"  More laughter, some heavy accented British Speak in which I couldn't make out everything, although I thought I caught the word punch, and a series of punches to the head and out I go:  Unconscious.  More THC-induced giggling, then "oy, you reckon we should revive him then force feed him all our food?"  I respawned.

After sharing stories with some Italian guy, I told him about my recent connection to Europe. "Yeah, my grandpa actually met my grandma on the boat over to the US.  He was Irish, and she was Irish-Polish."  ..........a brief, but noticeable silence follows..........I assume he wants more. "I don't remember too much, but he would always say 'I love me wife with all me heart, but only the Irish half of her' and then he got angry when people laughed at what they thought was a joke."  ........more silence, this time painful.  He then proceeds to call me an ignorant Mick and a "Bog-Irish potato farmer."  I did't know I was being insulted until I Googled that later.  But after saying this, he stormed off indignantly and didn't kill me.  So thanks, and fuck you Italian guy who I won't use as my archetype for all Italians!

• Like 2

The moral of my story: There are all types of people out there.  You'll only run into some.  It doesn't mean it will be the best sampling of the human condition.

• Like 1

I met a player a few days ago. I was starving and the player offegedr to give me some food. Before I could get the food the player asked my name so I gave him my in game name. He then went on to say that he knew me he thought he really knew me. he accused me of shooting his friend at the airfield nearby. when I replied, "I shot your friend?" He yelled that I just confessed and he shot me in the head.

My only response was, at least I didn't starve to death, then I clicked respawn.

I fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book. Not very original, but that was the first time this particular thing happened to me. Welcome to DayZ...

Well....I met an US citizen with whom I talked a little bit. After mocking my accent, I told him that I'm from Austria...

and spent the next 5 minutes to explain that Austria is a) NOT Australia b ) NOT somewhere "near russia" and trying to explain him a little bit about the geography of europe. Sadly he was total confused by the fact that the european states are not federal states of the state "europe". (Countries in Europe: Russia, Europe and England)

And after that he hit me with his final shot, as (somehow he found some knowledge about history deep in his mind it seemed) when he asked me, and I kid you not, "How is it to live in a country reigned by Hitler?"

......yeah.

But on the other hand, I met another US citizen some days later on exp (where only the accelerated time test servers were online and they were not connected to the main hive, so we just talked and made fun out of a guy that tried to kill us with a shovel ;)), who discussed the foreign policy of Germany compared to Englands regarding russia and the Ukraine...

So yeah, raccoon is right: "There are all types of people out there."

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 3

Well, in my opinion is an ethnic discrimination, one second earlier we were sharing food, bullets and experience, planned on map "where to next?", a second later boom headshot because i'm a freaking Romanian guy. Maybe I am stressed about it because of all the troubles caused by the Romanian gypsies in foreign countries, but I and sooo many others are struggling to prove that Romanians are an OK people and then here comes an "occidental civilized German guy" that reacts with a headshot when he hears about Romanians :) (I guess this is what we deserve)

Well, indeed this is Dayz and I agree, just there are moments like this when being a bandit not only kills for looting but also sends the wrong message (like this situation). They should have killed us on sight and all this discrimination assumptions never had to be considered.

Cheers!

some people say it wasnt ethnic, why not?There are all sorts of people out there, I have shot people many times coze they were making fun of my accent...And germans, well theire germans, as any other nation.

Edited by So Sexy

some people say it wasnt ethnic, why not?There are all sorts of people out there, I have shot people many times coze they were making fun of my accent...And germans, well theire germans that pretty much sums it up ;D

Because most players don't need an excuse to shoot other players. Just going with the odds.

Edited by BadAsh

I'm a United States citizen.  I have a messed up work/sleep schedule, so I usually only get to play nights.  That gives me so many opportunities to interact with our brothers from the old world (Europe).  These interactions gain me vast insight into our country's visibility to the "outside world" and, wouldn't you know it, our shortcomings seem to stick with them. 

Somebody who spoke like KoS writes (unfortunately without the smilies) asked me why Americans thought that Ukraine was a part of Russia already.  Before I had to time to do the undesirable act of answering a question with another question (What the fuck are you talking about?), I was promptly shot next to some hostile sounding words.

I was bound once by a chipper group of British teens who, upon hearing my American accent, laughed hysterically for an awkward amount of time.  Turns out they had an inside joke about the obesity problem in the USA, so they decided to handcuff me while they filled me in on the joke.  "So, you're fat, right?"  "C'mon, he must be fat, he is American after all.  Or, is it only the kids that are fat?"  More laughter, some heavy accented British Speak in which I couldn't make out everything, although I thought I caught the word punch, and a series of punches to the head and out I go:  Unconscious.  More THC-induced giggling, then "oy, you reckon we should revive him then force feed him all our food?"  I respawned.

After sharing stories with some Italian guy, I told him about my recent connection to Europe. "Yeah, my grandpa actually met my grandma on the boat over to the US.  He was Irish, and she was Irish-Polish."  ..........a brief, but noticeable silence follows..........I assume he wants more. "I don't remember too much, but he would always say 'I love me wife with all me heart, but only the Irish half of her' and then he got angry when people laughed at what they thought was a joke."  ........more silence, this time painful.  He then proceeds to call me an ignorant Mick and a "Bog-Irish potato farmer."  I did't know I was being insulted until I Googled that later.  But after saying this, he stormed off indignantly and didn't kill me.  So thanks, and fuck you Italian guy who I won't use as my archetype for all Italians!

I dont get it bro, you are saying that you play at night and Europe is ahead of America by like 6-8h depending on what coast you are on.

The best time I had in DayZ was running around with a Ukrainian who was obsessed with American cooking and food, but barely spoke english, and was the best shot I've ever seen in the game (maybe a hack? didn't seem to fit the profile though). We got fully geared, helped out some assholes, shot some more assholes, and put the last one in cuffs, the whole time only talking in in-game voice about BBQ Ribs, Fried Chicken, you know, to keep it realistic. Most fun I've ever had, hands down. Never seen him online since, so to you my good friend: I salute you and hope to meet you again.

Because most players don't need an excuse to shoot other players. Just going with the odds.

Well if I understood OP correctly, they were shot after saying that they are from Romania.

Nationalist morons are everywhere. So they will also be found in video games.

• Like 1

I like to think that I'm a non-discriminating moron as I shoot anyone who appears to be a threat regardless of nationality, race, gender or creed.

I like to think that I'm a non-discriminating moron as I shoot anyone who appears to be a threat regardless of nationality, race, gender or creed.

Hm. Well maybe you discriminate EVERY nationality, gender or creed? You monster...

The moral of my story: There are all types of people out there.  You'll only run into some.  It doesn't mean it will be the best sampling of the human condition.

Pretty much this, OP would have been killed regardless, probably!

I only shoot Quebecers on sight. I join their servers, and anyone not speaking English when I talk to them get's a shot to the knee.

Fuckin' Quebecers. 

• Like 1

I hunt people who get 60 FPS in cities out of PURE JEALOUSITY

• Like 2