Krisius

Ethnic Discriminations

And the server title was "BE FRIENDLY, loot here and go PvP on other servers"

Everyone there should be shot. Shot, yes, but not discriminated.

• Like 1

They would shoot anyone i bet race probably has little to do with it, all though i do see quite a few racist and offensive names in game though.

The only time I shoot someone after they talk is if they abuse me or if they have an irritating squeeky voice and I'm in a bad mood.

The only time I shoot someone after they talk is if they abuse me or if they have an irritating squeeky voice and I'm in a bad mood.

Same here some people voices are just annoying and you know it is not their real voice.Also when they wont stop following me and talking in voip makes it difficult to survive.

Well I got executed by Germans and also British chaps too.

On the other hand I have some friends from these countries as well :).

Oh and just the other day I executed couple of French dudes. They gave up their position by typing in direct inside of Berezino police station.

I had M4 with just 1 bullet in the chamber (no magazine or other bullets) so I headshoted the dude with shotgun and then proceed with stabbing the other lad with my bayonette. Was a bit of bloody work, before he collapsed he was bleeding profusely and he punched me few times, but in the end I prevailed, took their stuff and went on my way.

Sometimes the spirit of international friendship is just looking away.

From playing eve online I've played with a wide range of people from all sorts of countries and tbh it's never been an issue where any of us have come from.

In dayz I had a blast the other night when I met another new spawn (from the USA, I'm from uk) and we zergling rushed electro armed with naught but a screwdriver, radar hat and head torch between us both. :)

I'm playing a black charakter and got chopped to death by two russians cause my char was black. :(

Edited by MoZed

I'm playing a black charakter and got chopped to death by two russians cause my char was black. :(

wait until rope get's more uses....

there will be some racist ass shit going down, as usual, its the internet

People are the same wherever you go. There will be racists, pacifists, nice guys and ass holes amoungst every race on the planet. Its nothing to do with nationality, its just to do with that particular person :)

I enjoy playing with a bunch of folks from around the globe. It's rare I talk with so many international people outside of video games.

Haven't really had any bad experiences yet, in fact most of the people outside the US I've met have been friendly.

I'd imagine that they were a) planning on killing you anyway or  b )trying to kill one person from each European nation, and you just happened to be the Romanian they needed.

Edited by Pandema

I've been called "nagger" on multiple occasions. But it is the same in CoD, BF4, CS:(x) and virtually every other FPS I have played. DayZ is one of the least racist games I have played but that is maybe only because there is virtually no social interaction in this game.

lol reminds me of this.

• Like 1

Until we have a way to look at the other person through the monitor / screen people are going be rude and say what ever they want. Most of them would not say it to someones face for fear of getting hit. People have no respect for others anymore with all the facebook, twitter, and what ever other post and hide behind the internet options they have.

This is why I play as a black female in game. If someone's a bigoted jackass, I either get racism or sexism to show me their true colors before I even talk to them. It works pretty well, I've been called a "bi***", and "n*****" countless times as people tried to kill me.

As far as other kinds of discrimination go, I have heard people with other accents, but only interacted with one, and it never came up... Only other one I remember was a Russian accented guy that killed a guy on sight while I hid somewhere. Then again I usually play on the west coast servers due to having better ping.

Edited by Phoenix777

People that say this stuff rarely actually mean it though, they are usually just trolling to get you mad. I wouldn't take it too seriously, it is the interwebs after all

Thats no excuse to act out racial fantasies lmao.

I set my character to be "black" guy as default because i think it is better camo in bushes/grass, tho i am not black IRL.

Once when i was running down the coast as fresh spawn, i met two guys that started to chase and try to hit me with fists (they were also fresh spawns), and from the accent i think they were americans. They start yelling a lot of things like "slave", "nigger", "are you from Iran"... (and other racist things i will not mention), tho i never responded on my mic. This make me really sad, i would never say such things to anyone as it is plain stupid.

Yup, that's why I don't say I'm from the U.S. anymore. Some Foreigners just don't like Americans but I can't say I blame them.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

I set my character to be "black" guy as default because i think it is better camo in bushes/grass, tho i am not black IRL.

Once when i was running down the coast as fresh spawn, i met two guys that started to chase and try to hit me with fists (they were also fresh spawns), and from the accent i think they were americans. They start yelling a lot of things like "slave", "nigger", "are you from Iran"... (and other racist things i will not mention), tho i never responded on my mic. This make me really sad, i would never say such things to anyone as it is plain stupid.

American or not its all in how the parent raises the children. Blame it on lack of respect and discipline. Also if the parent encourages this crap its going to seem ok for them to use terms like this as jokes or otherwise.

"are you from Iran"

Are yew frum Iran, boy? Betta git on outta here 'fo I cap yo brown ass.

Yup, that's why I don't say I'm from the U.S. anymore. Some Foreigners just don't like Americans but I can't say I blame them.

Lmao, what? You should be proud of where you're born, dude. Just because we have people that you and other dislike doesn't mean we're bad. I mean, yeah, our Government sucks and is plotting against it's own people, but we have guns. And guns, are, well just swell.

Okay, it's fine that you don't trust every man and his maker, but when you say you won't be friendly, don't KOS. Just avoid social interaction if it's not your poison.

I will hunt down everyone yelling "discrimination" in DayZ.

And the server title was "BE FRIENDLY, loot here and go PvP on other servers"

Hello there

This was your first mistake.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Damn how have all of you guys found people that talk? Even friendlies I've met never spoke, even in direct chat. Kinda sad :( 

I don't care too much if they go around killing people based on whatever hatred they have, but the moment they say a racial epithet in game they deserve a permaban imo.

I once met a guy in Elektro. Saved my self time and shot him in the head. After reading these post long ago, I swore to never friend a random if they were geared. If they're a bambi then I may spare and give them food. But anyone geared, will be Killed on Sight.

Edited by Mesmaroth