Sign in to follow this  
TrampoAG

Three words. Land. Mine.

What do you guys think? Landmines in standalone, traps and shit, fields that you have to look twice before sprinting through. (Ideas? Improvements?)

Maybe later on when basses are implemented, but they need to be rare than 1911 Mags lol

and you didnt have 3 words, Land and mine are 2 words mate

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 2

Three words: Metal. Detector.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 6

Three words: Metal. Detector.

One word: Sure, why not...

LOLZ

I'd like to be able to craft traps instead of finding mines with ease that have a high explosive radius.

Crafting traps could also contribute with base building as it could both require the same resources.

I'de rather see an AT mine that only goes off for vehicles, and IED mines for players.

• Like 1

I am not sure I like the whole fire and forget type devices. It requires absolutely no skill to pop down a mine in a high traffic area.

Booby traps in forests would be cool as long as it isn't insta-death type scenarios. Being caught upside by a leg rope trap and only a knife could set you free. Otherwise you would have to wait till someone finds you or you die of starvation would be interesting but running along and BOOM, is just no fun IMO. Another one could be something that breaks your legs and again you can get yourself out of it or get rescued but it's not just a silly insta-death.  

Maybe not mines... but an IED of some sort would be cool. Like a shrapnel bomb made up of gasoline and spare metal or something (yeah, i know that doesn't make sense, I'm just thinking out loud.) Sounds like a cool idea though.

• Like 1

The hell with the IEDs already....

No.

What are you trying to re-enact WWII?

Edited by SGT. Kalme

If there's going to be traps (whatever shape or form), there will need to be a way to disarm them. Finally a use for that bayonet?

Alot of words: I don't know why mines couldn't be in there. Make them extremely rare, it's not rocket science setting them down.

• Like 1

When i get my greedy little hands on some satchel charges there will be much fun to be had.....i used to love booby trapping ATC towers.

I'm not for any kind of trip wire, pressure plate, or proxy bombs...  The only "traps" that should be triggered in such a way are warning flares.  The more "offensive" traps should all be remote detonated or timers via player control.

Edited by taco86

If there's going to be traps (whatever shape or form), there will need to be a way to disarm them. Finally a use for that bayonet?

How exactly would you disarm one with bayonet?

Alot of words: I don't know why mines couldn't be in there. Make them extremely rare, it's not rocket science setting them down.

Because if rare, you would not afford to "abandon" it anywhere on the ground : you would immediately scavenge & get its precious high-explosive and turn into IED, remote bomb, time bomb...

Stab it and hope for the best?

i would just walk around it....

How exactly would you disarm one with bayonet?

The first and most important step in disarming something is finding it without getting blown up.

I like the idea of trip mines attached to tin cans, frag grenades, flares, spray cans and a lighter. Mostly as early warning systems.

Land mines I think will end up only being put into the base of the stairwell at fire stations.

Digging:

-burying land mines

-digging up land mines

-creating zombie pits

-creating mafia bases

-creating hidden storage

-creating hidden airfields

-taking over parts of map : mafia

It must have digging to be realistic! All the survivors of a apocalypse are either well armed or underground

And one does not compare it to minecraft, it will be as realistic as possible, regardless of what content from other games it may have!

Edited by smrtrthanavgbear