SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

I personally prefer the emphasis being on the survival from the other players (humans) rather than the zombies, I feel thats what made this game unique (with regards to being one of the only decent survival games where you have to choose with morality whether to kill or not, as I'm aware its not the ONLY multiplayer game in the world), the fact that you never know what they are going to do.

That is also the reason why i believe making the zeds ridiculously tough/fast/spawn loads (as it is at the moment) is stupid. The game to me is much more enjoyable deciding how you are going to treat other players with the added bonus that zeds are there too, but if the zeds become stronger than the other players (which they are atm imo) then i rekon the game is not as good as it could be (by a massive long way).

Just my opinion but if it remains this way (and yes I'm well aware its alpha), I personally wont be as interested in it anymore.

Not once did I say they should be Nerfed ? not sure where you gathered that from...

The rest,since the "Hotfix" I do not have the Lag/DeSync" dragging me down and the game runs fluid again so it is much easier to play,thus the Zeds do not seem that difficult

I am entilted to change my opinion whenever I wan...Especially as I live in a Free Country!

You should not try to take what people say out of context!

Please make up your mind; you talked about how zombies should be nerfed, then said they were great, then said they needed to be tougher, then said they needed a nerf.

I am entilted to change my opinion whenever I wan...Especially as I live in a Free Country!

Murica!!!.jpg

• Like 4

Maybe this will be popular, maybe not, i am really hoping for the first. I myself think that going for the 28days later infected approach isnt how i would do it, i would go for zombies, the original romero concept of zombies (before he lost his way too). Night of the living dead (1960's version and the 1990 remake), dawn of the dead (1978), even what they are in the walking dead too. People may think this would mean no threat, but, been on a mod server earlier tonight and even though they are only walkers we spent too long in a building grabbing stuff etc, ended up with one crawling up the stairs, shot one then ended up having to kill 10 just to get down stairs and back out side, still had a load following us down the road and all the ammo we got was a waste. Headshots only all the way, spawning only out of line of sight, depending on location the more noise you make the more of them spawn and come for you, shoot a gun in the city like a mad man, expect hordes coming out of the woodwork. However, if its infected they are wanting to aim at then fair do's, i shall enjoy it when the modders give a server for "real" zombies and that style. Nice work on the inventory i have to say as well, that mod's.... holy moley.... lol :). 

• Like 1

You don't need to outrun them.  You just need enough space to run round them in a circle, hitting them in the head.  Any melee weapon will do it, even a newspawn with just fists.  They can't (for the moment, at least) turn fast enough to keep up with you to hit you.  If you run figure eights, you can lead them away from their spawn spots so they're out of range when they respawn.  It also helps with keeping them pointing towards you.  There's nothing badass about it, just perseverance.

Do you get it yet?

Just fists you say?  Against 5 zombies surrounding you that you cannot outrun that are faster than you are with leaping attacks...  I really would like to know what you have been smoking.   Its not "Old Toby" from the Shire I am certain of it.  Must be some of that questionable stuff that has mold on it.  You know when you smoke inferior pipe weed it rots the brain.  Put the pipe down and back away slowly.

Edited by White Wizard

why not just go play breaking point then??? these infected ARE NOT what we will end up with, they are clearly testing different mechanics using the old system to see the reaction from the creche and then decide whether or not those mechanics will work well with the newly coded ai... why cant people see that what they are doing is finding out how much crying gets done when the zombies we currently have slightly resemble the zombies we (hopefully) will end up with soon. it beggars beleif that peoples idea of feedback is just say zombies broken fix now cant beleive not fixed blah blah, they know all that, personally for me i think the fact they hear you when your sprinting behind them around 100-150 metres or so is perfectly legit, u always see the hyper alertness of the infected/undead in these settings, its more the issues with being lay down in the grass behind them at similair distances that cause the frustration for me and many i play with, but we know that this is temporary so hence do not moan about these things

First of all this is a forum, not Facebook or Youtube so learn to read over your shit so you don't write in broken English. Second, not once did I say "to fix it now" so don't go putting words in my mouth. I am simply making a feedback on my observations and your over there in the bleachers assuming shit so you need to calm down. They can take however long they want as long as they fix the clipping and other glitches. Also, I didn't even say anything about how the zombies can see you from really far....wtf....did you just read the first 2 sentence of my post and make up the rest yourself? Third, there is nothing wrong to take ques from the Breaking Point mod as they already took some ideas from Project Zomboid which is totally fine, because it will make Dayz better. So how about you stop being butt hurt for no reason and learn to read and think critically, before posting a reply that misses what I was talking about by a mile.

P.S. The guy who gave you beans, who obviously didn't understand my post, may also want to retake middle school English with you if you guys haven't finished it already.

I don't understand the hustle about the postpatchZeds. I mean they have to be a threat and untill lately they were just something to walk around.

Don't forget, what this game is mainly about!

I think the main issue here is to teach those Zeds not to walk through walls. THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

• Like 2

Here goes;

a, zombies should NOT EVER be able to catch up to you on a hill, on a flat ok, but on a hill it's ridiculous.  However, it would be ok if they are fast up a hill but not as lethal.   Don't forget what Sheriff McClelland in Night of the Living Dead said, "Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up."

b. Let's have a slightly longer respawn time or have them respawn someplace else instead of the exact same spot immediately..

3. breaking line of sight does not seem to work very well now.

4. I noticed that occasionally a zombie will leap at you and miss, if they miss it seems they sometimes die, I like that, please keep that.

e. We really need to hear them coming, I got leaped on from behind and only saw the shadow on the ground just before the screen went black and said "You are dead".  Lucky hit or what?? That kind of pissed me off, especially since I had just looked behind myself to see if anything was chasing me (didn't see a thing btw).

f. I noticed that zombies run in pretty much straight lines and will fall right off a dock if you can get them at an angle.  Only thing is it seems that a few minutes later the same zombie/s that fell off the dock into the water will miraculously appear exactly where you are, be extremely pissed and proceed to whale on you with a vengeance... Don't much care for that at all.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

How would dead human run faster than physically fit healthy man?? Just doesnt make any sense. If you are fresh spawn, there is no way to deal with them if you dont have an axe or something and then those fuckers will spawn instantly near you. I think that zeds should be like in Walking dead. Make them slow and have many of them. All you haters out there, I know that this is alpha, but why didnt they keep zeds like they were before if they can still go through walls and there is still no loot respawn?

• Like 1

Just fists you say?  Against 5 zombies surrounding you that you cannot outrun that are faster than you are with leaping attacks...  I really would like to know what you have been smoking.   Its not "Old Toby" from the Shire I am certain of it.  Must be some of that questionable stuff that has mold on it.  You know when you smoke inferior pipe weed it rots the brain.  Put the pipe down and back away slowly.

I blame myself.  It's statistically certain that once in a while I will reply to someone who is utterly devoid of comprehension skills and cognitive ability, and yet I still go on assuming there is at least a functional brain stem attached to every forum reader. 

Thank you for reminding me what happens when I assume, and that there are people on the forum for whom all those squiggly marks on screen are just teeny-tiny caterpillars that crawl around and make their head hurt.

• Like 1

And one more thing, decay is CRAZY fast, especially on the chest, one hit from a zed and EVERYTHING in my shirt if ruined, including the shirt.

• Like 1

WRONG!  They do not give up!  Also you CANNOT OUTRUN THE ZOMBIES/INFECTED ANYMORE!  Do you understand that?  Is that now clear to you?  Stop talking down to others in this thread.  You are not the badass you think you are.  Imagine you are a new spawn.   You get agro'd by a zombie, other zombies are alerted by the noise.  They also are SPRINTING to your location and are now leaping at you and ripping you to pieces.  You try to run,  They outrun you, you have no weapons.  The black screen appears.     YOU ARE UNCONSCIOUS!    then a shorter message appears.   YOU ARE DEAD!    Do you get it yet?

LOL Wot? They're not hard to outrun. They stop pursuit after a minute of running away.

• Like 2

I blame myself.  It's statistically certain that once in a while I will reply to someone who is utterly devoid of comprehension skills and cognitive ability, and yet I still go on assuming there is at least a functional brain stem attached to every forum reader. 

Thank you for reminding me what happens when I assume, and that there are people on the forum for whom all those squiggly marks on screen are just teeny-tiny caterpillars that crawl around and make their head hurt.

Bro there are plenty of us who are managing the zombies just fine.  We went through this exact same thing with the mod. You have to learn how to adapt and handle them.  Stop being so fucking judgmental, Sometimes other people have valuable information and you should listen.

Edit: You can outrun them. You can run through an entire town with an axe and kill every single one without taking a hit... then again, I've been knocked out by one in a single zombie punch after they glitched through a wall... That's Alpha though...

Zombie speed is fine, they just need to add more and fix the respawn mechanic... and fix the path-finding

Edited by TheLastEmp
  • Like 1

No... however the times they are "at ease" in the movie when facing zombies tends to be a rather small portion. You're saying the entire show is this way, and it is far from it. Mind you people build barricades to keep them out... Besides... who said DayZ was modeled after The Walking Dead? This is Dean's Infected... not your preconceived notion of what they SHOULD be... ;)

Don't try and turn my argument around. You just look plain daft. I accused you of saying the whole show was like the pilot, and you responded to that by doing the exact same thing to me. There's a difference between the pilot episode of a show and 2 out of 4 seasons of a show, which is the amount of time the characters spend worrying about people that might kill them rather than zombies. One of the characters even has 2 incapacitated zombies she carries around with her on chains. Tell me how those zombies are a bigger threat than humans?

I was saying DayZ zombies were similar in threat to Walking Dead zombies because of the ability to easily outrun them in the post you quoted when you asked me how zombies weren't a bigger threat, and ignored everything else. I didn't say they were based on The Walking Dead, I said they were similar. And it's not my preconceived notion, fool, it's a reaction to their threat level in the game.

I'm basing them off what they were and should remain from the mod. In the mod we had crawlers, hoppers and runners which implied they were vulnerable to body injuries and not magically based

Two pennies for y'all, I am liking the fast zombies and increased spawns for the most part.

However, some concerns.

Firstly: They are now too smart, or have super vision powers. I'm spotted/followed from a kilometer away through buildings and forest by multiple Zombies, if they are going to be greater in number and faster perhaps make them a little dumber, or more blind. After all their eyes are rotting out and or hemorrhaged.

Secondly: Though the extra spawns are much appreciated it feels too automated as if the computer is battling the player by continuously spawning enemies within vicinity, which is cool(minus the continuous part) if done right. For instance one should be able to clear a tiny rural village of Four to Six Zomboids and hold the spot down, in its current state they are just spawning endlessly nearby and chase players away, perhaps a distance limiter could be implemented or something to that degree.

Thank your for the changes, digging the intensity now just a lil tweaking.

• Like 1

This is an absolute joke. Since when can the dead move faster then the living. Fair enough making them faster to increase danger, and require stealth. 

But you cant even stealth. They have ridiculous detection, they leap at you from 50 m away. Since when did I want to participate in the Left 4 Dead alpha.
This was meant to be about realism.

Regardless, the zombies are broken. Leave them as a filler until you figure them out. Don't simply try to palm them off till later by making them more dangerous and giving them an instant respawn. 

Its not fun, Its not adding to the DayZ experience, it is honestly just a frustrating mess nowadays. Please change the zombies back until they are working, even increase there numbers if possible, then trial out different movements and speeds for them to the communities liking. 

• Like 1

Bro there are plenty of us who are managing the zombies just fine. We went through this exact same thing with the mod. You have to learn how to adapt and handle them. Stop being so fucking judgmental, Sometimes other people have valuable information and you should listen.

Edit: You can outrun them. You can run through an entire town with an axe and kill every single one without taking a hit... then again, I've been knocked out by one in a single zombie punch after they glitched through a wall... That's Alpha though...

Zombie speed is fine, they just need to add more and fix the respawn mechanic... and fix the path-finding

And you're telling me this because..?

• Like 1

I enjoy the respawing zeds, but the continual respawn due to gunfire is ridiculous. Having some sort of cap on the amount that respawn within a time frame or area is needed to keep the zeds from turning from a fun/deadly part of the game to a complete gamebreaker/ammo waster. When five members of a group can spend ten minutes and over four hundred rounds constantly fighting zombies with guns in a tiny town like Kamyshovo, there is a problem.

• Like 2

I Like the new Fast Zombies!

May add some more variants (crouching, walking, running, sprinting)

but please not "specials" like in Left for Dead.

Also add some "stupidity" into the KI, to enable features like:

Zombie runs at a wall and it get knocked back (stunned for a ~second)

Fast Zombies will get you after some time (even sprinting will not work for long).

But their Line of Sight should easier to break compared to slower ones.

Fast Zombies should get a huge disadvantage inside buildings.

The Most noticeable problem with the fast Zombies is: they run to your last known position and change the direction after they noticed you are not there anymore -> funny run-in-circles games with zombies^^

To sum up:

- Let them run against (not through) walls and may add stun after knocking back

- Calculate the running-path more frequently of faster zombies

- add a FEW slower Zeds with better senses

Edited by Frozen_byte
  • Like 1

I enjoy the respawing zeds, but the continual respawn due to gunfire is ridiculous. Having some sort of cap on the amount that respawn within a time frame or area is needed to keep the zeds from turning from a fun/deadly part of the game to a complete gamebreaker/ammo waster. When five members of a group can spend ten minutes and over four hundred rounds constantly fighting zombies with guns in a tiny town like Kamyshovo, there is a problem.

This. 

• Like 1

Nope. Hopefully they will keep this rate of spawning up until release. People going around firing guns in high populated areas should face some consequences other than other players.

• Like 1

well respawn aggro after gunfire is fine imo. they were there before and heard the shot.

If you kill them silently tho they shouldnt be aware of you.

i think they should also spawn back in the original place, so if the zombie followed you out of town and you kill him in the forest he should spawn back in town.

The respawn timer should also be edited in the future, its a bit to fast imo, or atleast to fast to near.. you should be able to clear an area for a short time (just make them spawn at the other end of the town, out of sight)

and yes, zombies are still bugged as hell. I like the new damage, but it shouldnt ruin stuff on the first hit. They are also a bit to fast, imo they should be a bit slower but more of them. At the moment with the not working collision system they can come just out of nowhere and thats frustrating and makes playing alone in some cases impossible.

I like playing in group but i could only play once or twice in two weeks if i wouldnt play alone from time to time.

Imo they should nerf them down a bit again, atleast until they fix the collision system and their super human sight/hearing.

Edited by Sonic-NKT
  • Like 1

My opinion on the latest Zombie Changes:

Positive:

-More threat by Zs

Negative:

-Annoying respawn mechanics (i know: Placeholder)

-Stuttery Z Movement (placeholder)

-Melee is kinda Clunky, difficult to hit them

-Playerspotting is still Supernatural (sneaking impossible)

Conclusion:

Maybe it wasnt the best idea to let broken Zombies respawn in a large amount in your face. Also hordes of Zombies without Loot respawn are kinda annoying.

You are on the right way, but i think it was a bit hasted to let broken AIs respawn with no Loot respawning just because the community cried a bit. Debalances the game a little bit when you search in already looted places and have to deal with hordes of superman zombies.

Edited by Sloddor
  • Like 2

hmmm... i just got hit twice by a zombie, but no bleed and no ruined gear. maybe i just got lucky.

i like faster zombies, but they still track your character poorly when you circle around them, wich is fine i guess until the feel of the melee is improved further. it's still sometimes quite hard to figure the reach and hit-location of the axe swing.

also the spawns are still crazy, but i think the current spawning system is definetly not what they are planning to go for, though, since i remember Rocket saying that you should be able to clear an area from zeds.

• Like 1

Nope. Hopefully they will keep this rate of spawning up until release. People going around firing guns in high populated areas should face some consequences other than other players.

They should face consequences in form of alerting all zombies nearby, not of facing infinite number of zeds. 

• Like 1