Outroduce

Solving problem of kill on sight - Vehicles.

Hi,

There's full of suckers crying about getting killed by random players just for fun, but what to do after you gear up? You have to options - become hero or bandit, but as we know being hero is unthankful as f*ck because of those who choose second one. Adding some vehicles, even the placeholders would give players some new prospect over killing others. I know that some jerk will appear in this thread saying something like "Stop crying, this is alpha bla bla bla". Think about it. 

No greetings

How? Would that end KoS I mean?

Edit: All I'm seeing if they add vehicles right at this moment is a Monster Truck bambi squishing Rally...

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 8

Youre right. End game gear ---> nothing to do. Vehicles is the key to this problem, even tho i would love hunting and cooking first (bow <3). Bikes are confirmed, but how long it will take, its mystery.

When will people learn. KOS isn't a problem, boredom is a problem. Hell some dude came at me with an axe the other day when i was kitted up to the eyeballs, already swinging around a sawn off in a press vest and a ballistic helmet. Some people simply have nothing better to do.

BTW, The first shot took out his legs.

• Like 2

And what if players have all end-game gear AND vehicles? Will they... run over on sight?

I very likely will.... particularly all those people that say there are only two things to do after you gear up. whatever happened to explore the map? find some weird statue in the woods? find pristine everything? go see the debug plains? understand the mystery of green mountain? recon and loot every building in zelenogorsk? omfg I almost forgot... survive long enough to get hungry and thirsty again? damn there are endless things to do that have nothing to do with CoD.

• Like 3

All vehicles would do is make me use them as bait to kos more people or attempt to destroy player vehicles on sight.

If you think vehicles will do anything to deter KoS you never played the mod. People and bullets are drawn to vehicles like magnets. You think people who shoot you for no reason now wouldn't shoot you if they see you driving by in a car?

• Like 2

pure no sense idea :huh:

QQ carebear guys need to accept simple reality KOS NEVER STOP ;)

I know is too much hard for you accept this nightmare situation :|

1000's guys talking about and bitching about and QQ about but NOBODY manage to find solution because no solution is exist because KOS is permanent feature of multiplayer game with weapon :thumbsup:  :D

• Like 4

Hi,

There's full of suckers crying about getting killed by random players just for fun, but what to do after you gear up? You have to options - become hero or bandit, but as we know being hero is unthankful as f*ck because of those who choose second one. Adding some vehicles, even the placeholders would give players some new prospect over killing others. I know that some jerk will appear in this thread saying something like "Stop crying, this is alpha bla bla bla". Think about it. 

No greetings

Wow what a new and fresh IDEA you have come up with...

We need to rush this IDEA into development quickly!

If you think vehicles will do anything to deter KoS you never played the mod. People and bullets are drawn to vehicles like magnets. You think people who shoot you for no reason now wouldn't shoot you if they see you driving by in a car?

You didn't understand what i mean't... I mean that adding vehicles will give players something to do different from camping for players... That's also way to decrease huge amount of boredom.

Solving the problem of KOS heres how.

Shut up about it, it makes the game knowing anyone can be lurking in those trees.

First off, KOS will never go away. Yes I think it will get better as more options become available to players, but it will never completely disappear. As for vehicles, right now it would just lead to cruising with M4s and then you have a KOS drive-by situation.

You didn't understand what i mean't... I mean that adding vehicles will give players something to do different from camping for players... That's also way to decrease huge amount of boredom.

If you actually did some research before posting, youd knew,that vehicles arent coming til late spring - early summer, you make it sound as if adding vehicles is a few days job.Its the stupidity that is killing me, if you are bored, why the heck are you still playing the game?Do a break or something, wait for new feature etc, like me.

Edited by So Sexy

I very likely will.... particularly all those people that say there are only two things to do after you gear up. whatever happened to explore the map? find some weird statue in the woods? find pristine everything? go see the debug plains? understand the mystery of green mountain? recon and loot every building in zelenogorsk? omfg I almost forgot... survive long enough to get hungry and thirsty again? damn there are endless things to do that have nothing to do with CoD.

This, I have a 200 day old character now on the orgininal mod servers and I find plenty of other things to do. I spent most of my time in Vybor, visit NWAF from time to time and go out on distant trips all the time. I play on semi-full servers so I still get plenty of encounters, but not swarmed. I enjoy myself a lot without griefing, even though my char has everything I'd want. Random encounters without needless violence is still the most fun in this game. Surviving is fun. My standalone character is coming along just fine as well, being alive for a week now. Especially in standalone it's riveting to just visit new places and have a look.

If you actually did some research before posting, that vehicles arent coming til late spring - early summer, you makr it sound like adding vehicles is a few days job.Its the stupidity that is killing me, if you are bored, why the heck are you still playing the game?Make a break or something, like me.

Heard about placeholders, huh? Also go being socalist somewhere else...

How would vehicles stop KOS?

In my mind that would just let people camp in the bushes along a road or in the mtns along a roadway and pick people off as they drive by. That's an even bigger incentive because not only will you have their gear, you'll have a brand new car.

Even a two man bandit team with a dedicated sniper and a fire support guy would waste anybody driving down the road

Not that'd I'd do such a thing though...

Heard about placeholders, huh? Also go being socalist somewhere else...

I dont see how do my political views are related to this topic.Another butthurt citizen from a former republic?

Edited by So Sexy

In my opinion driving a vehicle around is just as boring as walking around. Its not something that will automatically make the game less boring.

How? Would that end KoS I mean?

Edit: All I'm seeing if they add vehicles right at this moment is a Monster Truck bambi squishing Rally...

I don't agree with you, and KoS is bullshit.. BUT ^the imagery of this is too funny.. 

The problem is that once you've played this game for a while, you get a taste for certain items and weapons you want.  To get these things is difficult (getting an LR scope is damn near impossible these days) and requires a lot of running. That said, the process of running around, looting, banditry, trading, etc. requires a lot of time, and that investment of hours of gameplay leads to an unconscious attachment to your character.  This is really the difference between the two play styles.  

The other style is what I would call "speedball" DayZ... this is where they start each new life like they know they are going to die again within the same session or likely the very next one.  Like Matt Damon in Elysium, only Jodi Foster isn't going to let you use her cancer tube and you know it.  Whether or not they actually would die doesn't matter; playing like you have nothing to lose leads to a more direct, reckless approach to looting and confronting other players. When these two styles of play collide.. the forum blows up with KoS love/hate flame-bait debates and we run in circles.

Vehicles would do two things: (1) they would create and new set of objectives for both types of play (for example: find a perfect drive-by whip versus crafting a respectable auto) and (2) it would reduce the amount of time needed to travel between points of interest on the map for acquiring desired loot, thus reducing the investment of time needed to fashion/equip your character in your own image leading to reduced character-attachment.

Edited by Mr Jizz

We could solve the problem with KoS if we gave him some more vodka, until he can't type anymore and...

...what? wrong KoS?...oh...

Yeah, I just wanted not to say "strange idea" as in "more content will solve KoS" - like The End. pointed out:

"And what if players have all end-game gear AND vehicles? Will they... run over on sight?"

They key to reduce the part of KoS that evolves out of boredom is not more content but a harder game. The more unforgiving the environment is, the harder it is to stay alive and to acquire loot, the more people have to do to actually stay alive, the less bored they are, so they wont spend hours sniping, waiting for someone in electro etc.

• Like 4

Yeah,right....placeholders,look dude

they will be ingame when they are ready.

We will not have them premature just because you are bored,

that makes no sense.For now,the KOS mentality is here to stay

because the game still dosen't offer alot of variety.But on a diferent note

adding vechicles,wouldn't help deal with the KOS problem.

• Like 1

vehicles, building even a small hut/"base",tents;

these are things that will increase time between what right now should be considered mid game and end game