BambiInElektro

Ghillie suit, rangefinder ?

Oh, so the summer is about the same as it is here in Holland. 20-25 on a normal summer day, right? 30-35 if we're having a heat wave.

Something like that. Last summer was around 25 C most of the time if I remember well.

I'd like to see some crafting system for ghillie suits. Perhaps you can make small contributions to the suit everyday, so that it takes some length of time to assemble. 

/facepalm

Im sorry, but i want a real Apocalypse, where its hard even to find food. 

Not Arma2 with zombies.

I'd like to see some crafting system for ghillie suits. Perhaps you can make small contributions to the suit everyday, so that it takes some length of time to assemble. 

Or a recipe that requires 5 different plants. One in Berezino, Cherno, Devil's Castle, Stary and Green Mountain. Would make it one hell of a challenge to craft it, well not so much a challenge as a royal pain in the ass  :P

Edited by The End.
  • Like 1

Im sorry, but i want a real Apocalypse, where its hard even to find food. 

Not Arma2 with zombies.

Then why did you reference CoD?

Because they have these things right? u.u

and they are made to kill random people.

Because they have these things right? u.u

and they are made to kill random people.

And they existed before CoD, and were in games before and after CoD...

An M4 is built to kill random people, shall we remove it as well?

Edited by Katana67

Or a recipe that requires 5 different plants. One in Berezino, Cherno, Devil's Castle, Stary and Green Mountain. Would make it one hell of a challenge to craft it, well not so much a challenge and a royal pain in the ass   :P

I like that idea as well. As long as there is some time sink that makes it so everyone can't assemble their gillie suit in on their first day then I am all for it. I don't really care how they go about it.

• Like 1

only reason people object to it is because its useful for PvP.

If there were animals to hunt and they had a system that had any "senses" this could be a good addition to game play.

I like that idea as well. As long as there is some time sink that makes it so everyone can't assemble their gillie suit in on their first day then I am all for it. I don't really care how they go about it.

Now there's an idea. Craftable items tied to your surviving time! Imagine only being able to craft high end gear like the ghillie after you've survived for 10 days or so. Would simulate experience nicely, not to mention the effect it'll have on KoS! Whoever wants to have high-end (crafted) gear actually has to refrain from needless encounters rather than get lucky. Would be so damn awesome

I don´t get the sniper hate :D 

Let them have their toys and shit. People who that don´t like military stuff can avoid it. And if you´re getting sniped in DayZ it was an experienced player or you just idled on the street. Ok, maybe you went to military spawns and got unlucky but grouping up and beeing a bit careful and you won´t get sniped at all. If everything fails get yourself on a friendly server there are plenty of servers were squads patrol to protect your back. Last but not least, once we have the 100player servers, ZED mobs, animals and more options to do stuff you can avoid the areas were snipers like to camp without having anything to do. Right now you just need to go inland and be fine. 

On the whole ghillie, range finder whatever thing. Get the stuff in. You don´t need a ghillie to be pretty invisible right now and you don´t need a range finder/dayz map to hit your target. What you need is experience and a stable server. It´s hard to hit someone above 600m but whoever tried to hit someone above 600m with a bloody mosin knows it´s no easy task. Range finder won´t help here at all. It´s a nice tool to have but milldots are so much better. So I just wish to get a m24 in. 

. So I just wish to get a m24 in. 

j7bazee.jpg

Remington 700 is far more plausible.

One of the most popular hunting rifles in the world if not the most popular hunting rifle in the world. It is also the starting platform for a ton of military sniper rifles such as the m24 and m40.

I forgot the exact number but there its some huge number that are in circulation all over he world millions upon millions of them.

milldots are so much better.

Oh how I wish the long range scope had mildots. :-/ Rangefinder is nice but you can act faster with mildots.

Oh how I wish the long range scope had mildots. :-/ Rangefinder is nice but you can act faster with mildots.

The mildots would only work if they are correct.

With FOV affecting the magnification of optics I doubt they will ever be correctly calibrated to many any range estimation.

Then the second problem is people use dayzmb to range targets that is so frustrating as it takes out a big challenge out of the game.

I dunno maybe add the most common type of rangefinder like the hunk o crap I own. After about 800 meters I swear it's like I'm shaking a magic 8 ball. There's gotta be a line of code in that thing that says "meh screw it I'll just guess"

I've got friends with rangefinder's in the 1000$ + range and those work great but most people don't buy those.

I dunno maybe add the most common type of rangefinder like the hunk o crap I own. After about 800 meters I swear it's like I'm shaking a magic 8 ball. There's gotta be a line of code in that thing that says "meh screw it I'll just guess"

I've got friends with rangefinder's in the 1000$ + range and those work great but most people don't buy those.

Hunting range finders are usually around the 300-600 price range and their range is about 1200m.

problem with them is the further out you get the more the laser  spreads out so the less accurate the range finding is.

Remington 700 is far more plausible.

One of the most popular hunting rifles in the world if not the most popular hunting rifle in the world. It is also the starting platform for a ton of military sniper rifles such as the m24 and m40.

I forgot the exact number but there its some huge number that are in circulation all over he world millions upon millions of them.

It's all one nacho.

The mildots would only work if they are correct.

With FOV affecting the magnification of optics I doubt they will ever be correctly calibrated to many any range estimation.

Then the second problem is people use dayzmb to range targets that is so frustrating as it takes out a big challenge out of the game.

I just figured if they worked in the mod they'd be able to make it happen here too. I remember using a chart alongside the dots on one of the rifles I had obtained in the mod and it worked well. I hope they can make it happen. :-/

I just figured if they worked in the mod they'd be able to make it happen here too. I remember using a chart alongside the dots on one of the rifles I had obtained in the mod and it worked well. I hope they can make it happen. :-/

In the mod the scope was fixed power plus at the standard fov it worked.

If you changed you fov it messed it up.

Yes but the best one are made not bought by a user. The best are made with local foilage and materials not just ordered on Amazon and shipped.

If players have to craft them I would say include them. If you can just walk up and grab one I say leave them out.

I was going to agree with you but then I was thinking no, let there be a generic one that isn't that good that lazy people can use but let us craft one meaning those of us willing to take the time to make one have a far superior one. IDK how plausible this would be to code in though but it would be cool if they could.

Rangefinding should be done by using (functioning) mildots, give people something to learn.

Not really a fan of full ghillie suits either, however a craftable ghillie jacket would be a nice middle ground. Maybe have some limitations on it as well, no assault vest or limited backpack size to go with it.

Items and mechanics should have drawbacks as well.

Rangefinding should be done by using (functioning) mildots, give people something to learn.

Not really a fan of full ghillie suits either, however a craftable ghillie jacket would be a nice middle ground. Maybe have some limitations on it as well, no assault vest or limited backpack size to go with it.

Items and mechanics should have drawbacks as well.

I would love tat but moddb already makes it too convenient to range using other means.

Wisht hat site did not exist.

I was going to agree with you but then I was thinking no, let there be a generic one that isn't that good that lazy people can use but let us craft one meaning those of us willing to take the time to make one have a far superior one. IDK how plausible this would be to code in though but it would be cool if they could.

Unless you loot a sporting goods store I don't see how this adds to realism.

Making one with sticks and junk is one thing. Getting the walmart version does not seem to hold with the spirit of this game... just like a lot of the loot is starting to seem.

I say leave them out if you can just pick one up. Just makes the game more and more fps and less survivally. Some things can be left out sure in survival but adding things that make it less that just seems cheap.

I could care less about lazy people. They make the rest of us look bad and consume more than they earn from my experiences in life.