BambiInElektro

Ghillie suit, rangefinder ?

There is one aspect that the guillie and rangefinder could diminish zombies as a threat; Spending time developing those instead of the zombies.

Lol theres plenty of time and resources to implement whatever they want.

OP already uses DayzDB to range his shots using the map.. but now needs a rangefinder to make it even easier?

I dislike this type of mentality. IMO, Practice>being handed something for nothing.

I wish front focal plane scopes with ranging reticles were in the game so with some simple math you could range targets dynamically.

Lol theres plenty of time and resources to implement whatever they want.

That's one aspect, sure. The other aspect of this however is the fact that for a zombie apocalypse game it has only recently felt like such a game. In the current mindset of the typical player, you could remove the zombies completely and people would still play it. I would even go so far to say many people would flock to it.

But it is a zombie apocalypse game and since zombies have proven to be a difficult thing to model they should be priority one and set the tone of the game properly.

There is one aspect that the guillie and rangefinder could diminish zombies as a threat; Spending time developing those instead of the zombies.

That's a completely ill-informed assertion. 

One, they have a team (in Slovakia IIRC) dedicated to developing the zombies now.

Two, they're developing A LOT of things at once. It's not like one automatically gets short-changed by the other. It's not like they have to pick between developing zombies or implementing a few items.

Three, they have artists and modelers developing items... the programmers aren't involved in it unless it has pressing/unique gameplay mechanics (as per developer statements). A crafted ghillie suit could follow the same template as other crafted items.

Four, if one made that argument for EVERYTHING then they should ONLY be working on zombies. There's much more to the game than just zombies (which, again, ARE being worked on/improved).

Five, nobody's asking them to PRIORITIZE these items over anything. They can get to them whenever they see fit.

Edited by Katana67

That's one aspect, sure. The other aspect of this however is the fact that for a zombie apocalypse game it has only recently felt like such a game. In the current mindset of the typical player, you could remove the zombies completely and people would still play it. I would even go so far to say many people would flock to it.

This is only because the current zombies are only a source of frustration and not a viable game mechanic.

Anytime a zombie spawns out of thin air or spawns period anywhere near the vicinity of a player, when the zombie instantly locks on to you from 400m somehow seeing you prone, anytime a zombies animation are so bad it teleports through buildings and its hit detection is so bad it hits you from 12 feet away and anytime a zombie is such a pain to kill due to an inherently buggy melee system when these things happen people tend to embrace the idea of dayz without zombies.

HAHAHA History hard bro hahahaha

I actually cant stop laughing at that

the amount of wrong is epic

what? Not?

This is a survival Sim, not a military Sim.

If you want to cut off branches and tape them to your head go for it, but no ghillie suits.

If you want to cut off branches and tape them to your head go for it, but no ghillie suits.

You were saying?

Synthetic-Ultra-Light-Ghillie-Bow-Huntinghilliesuit6.jpg

brent_1_thumb.JPG

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Now this sounds promising. The ghillie should be made pretty darn effective, but with this major fault to it as well for balancing purposes (and even realism, two birds with one stone). No bags for sure, no chest rigs either. The ghillie suit is all that's there, with a standard 6 slots or so.

Realism, yes. Because real life snipers who wear ghillie suits are naked underneath.

I think in a survival situation, I would try to get ahold of as much military gear as possible, to help me survive. What's with all the people wanting a "no guns" lame ass, civilian only DayZ??

Put me down for "I hope never".

The sniping aspect of this game is such a big pain in the ass and makes for super boring game play. I hope in the full release sniper rifles are epicly rare and sniper goodies are equally as scarce.

**Awesome voiceover** PREVIOUSLY ON THE WALKING DEAD: cut to Rick sitting in a bush for a couple hours sniping at people he never interacts with.

I guess it would still be better than season two.

• Like 3

**Awesome voiceover** PREVIOUSLY ON THE WALKING DEAD: cut to Rick sitting in a bush for a couple hours sniping at people he never interacts with.

A scheens Hefeweizen is imma no schlechta ois a guader Met

That's a completely ill-informed assertion. 

One, they have a team (in Slovakia IIRC) dedicated to developing the zombies now.

Two, they're developing A LOT of things at once. It's not like one automatically gets short-changed by the other. It's not like they have to pick between developing zombies or implementing a few items.

Three, they have artists and modelers developing items... the programmers aren't involved in it unless it has pressing/unique gameplay mechanics (as per developer statements). A crafted ghillie suit could follow the same template as other crafted items.

Four, if one made that argument for EVERYTHING then they should ONLY be working on zombies. There's much more to the game than just zombies (which, again, ARE being worked on/improved).

Five, nobody's asking them to PRIORITIZE these items over anything. They can get to them whenever they see fit.

On your first point, we will see. The biggest change zombies took from the mod to stand alone was running in a straight line. Otherwise, over the course of this game's three year history, zombies remain as clunky as ever.

Your second point; see first point. Zombie apocalypse! I think after playing the game for the past two months I can safely say that everything is there for good zombie apocalypse gameplay, except for one glaring omission. Zombies! Real hordes of zombies! It may get laggy, etc. But is an Alpha, so I am okay with that.

Third point; A Ford V-8 interceptor from mad max could be crafted too, but it would have as much to do with a zombie apocalypse as a guillie suit from Arma 2. I could make the argument that it would be extremely useful too, but again, it would have little to do with the zombie apocalypse,

fourth point; considering that the zombies are the Raison d'etre for the politics of how the game is played, yes. Otherwise just change the name of the game to "Lord of the flies".

Fifth point, and one of the sticking points; yes, they are asking them to prioritize other things over the zombies. For every thread you show me where somebody asks to improve the zombies and to multiply them, I will give you five threads addressing guns and their particulars.

My overall point is the foundation has been laid out. There is this huge world laying out there but I have been running around for the past two months. I literally have no reason other than being an asshole to shoot somebody else and vice versa. Zombies should press this issue, but they aren't there. And you might tell me that somebody is working on the zombies. I've been told that somebody's been working on the zombies since the game's inception, but that doesn't make it true. I will believe it when I see...

I think in a survival situation, I would try to get ahold of as much military gear as possible, to help me survive. What's with all the people wanting a "no guns" lame ass, civilian only DayZ??

I think it's because some people want the atmosphere and feel of something like "the walking dead". Imagine how boring that show would be if all the characters were fully kitted military personnel...

I think it's because some people want the atmosphere and feel of something like "the walking dead". Imagine how boring that show would be if all the characters were fully kitted military personnel...

Fuck the show is boring as fuck because they are not.

Daam show spends 1 hour showing a person do a simple thing like chopping wood. Show moves at a snails pace.

Daam show spends 1 hour showing a person do a simple thing like chopping wood. Show moves at a snails pace.

Both military gear and the survival aspect from the Walking Dead would make for a perfect game IMO. 

And off topic, remember when Rick met that black guy from the first few episodes again later on? He was military geared. M4, ballistic helmet and body armour, probably more I can't think of.

Both military gear and the survival aspect from the Walking Dead would make for a perfect game IMO. 

And off topic, remember when Rick met that black guy from the first few episodes again later on? He was military geared. M4, ballistic helmet and body armour, probably more I can't think of.

Guy with the young son and the wife that would pay them a visit ?

Guy with the young son and the wife that would pay them a visit ?

Yeah the wife had already turned since before episode one and he and his kid took care of Rick after he came out of the hospital. They later split up.

The episode I'm referring to, Rick and his son were looking for a police stash with lots of guns and they encountered a fully geared guy. They shot him in the chest and he survived due to the armour. He later turned out to be that guy of episode 1, his son had died by then.

te name="notaqua" post="1888935" timestamp="1396129424"]

Just going and grabbing Military gear is too easy though. I can only hope for a comprehensive crafting system where we need to create our gear.

I wonder why it's so popular then...

I wonder why it's so popular then...

Hill billys and trailer trash.

Same reason sons of anarchy is so big.

Edited by gibonez

Really? I see the guys talking about guillie suits and range finders loving Duck Dynasty. How poetic...

1. Learn to read the map

2. Aim before you shoot, don't shoot and then aim like most people do

3. profit?

Couldn't be the subject matter and serialized storylines that are such a damn breath of fresh air compared to standard episodic television.

The millions and millions who watch it must all live in trailers....

*over the top eyeroll*

Range finders that hard to find {rare in shooting huts or barracks} ghillie suit im unsure about...I agree with the others on this. Make them ultra rare or damn hard to craft