SomeCallMeNomad (DayZ)

What clothing set/weapons would you add if you could?

Hence why expensive tacticool (I just like that expression) gear is nothing you would expect around everycorner.

Also I like how you post links like that. I mean yes, there is Barrett dealership in Prague. But does it mean you will find M107 ? No sir, it is illegal for civilians to have them, so IF the game was in Czech republic (I know it isn't), then M107 would be rare to the point of not worth of adding at all (ok army have dozen or two of them).

I'd never tell you to alter your opinion. But the reasoning you use to justify it, isn't sound. There are reasons why some things should be rare, or not included. But "realism" doesn't really support that.

Again, what I've always said and will continue to say... you're muddling two distinct issues.

Rarity...

And...

The mere presence of a weapon...

Simply because something's rare in the real world doesn't mean it should be categorically written off in DayZ.

Likewise, there's a difference between an M107 (i.e. a Bugatti Veyron in your analogy) and an AR-15/10 or AK-74 (i.e. the equivalent of a BMW 3-series in this analogy). Which is why I've always said that people make the bar insanely low as to what constitutes something that's hyper-rare.

Edited by Katana67

I'd never tell you to alter your opinion. But the reasoning you use to justify it, isn't sound. There are reasons why some things should be rare, or not included. But "realism" doesn't really support that.

Again, what I've always said and will continue to say... you're muddling two distinct issues.

Rarity...

And...

The mere presence of a weapon...

Simply because something's rare in the real world doesn't mean it should be categorically written off in DayZ.

Likewise, there's a difference between an M107 (i.e. a Bugatti Veyron in your analogy) and an AR-15/10 or AK-74 (i.e. the equivalent of a BMW 3-series in this analogy). Which is why I've always said that people make the bar insanely low as to what constitutes something that's hyper-rare.

I'm not sure that being against adding "Veyrons" in harsh,gritty post-apo game in piss poor country translates into setting rarity bar insanely low.

Also adding such hyper-rare stuff, which I guess should be powerfull,  into game requires a lot more work than adding common stuff. I mean to have hyper rare and powerfull gear properly implemented in game would need complex stamina system, a lot better protection against duping, working global loot "economy" system, rare ammo and probably other tweaks.

In case this can not be managed, game could be better off them most likely.

Don't get me wrong, I want some very rare stuff ingame to provide sense of acomplishment or simply joy of finding extra rare piece.

Thing is I am strongly against making this game western weaponry loot extravaganza. We need more western weapons than now, but we surely (imo) do not need every nor majority of those weapons to be in game in order to make game great. Sometimes less is more and if setting is bent too much, it will become too generic, which I believe would be wasted opportunity.

Edited by Hombre

Ukrainian Tavors galore...s!

There's your High-Capacity Vest there too!

RBObnK0HGMs.jpg

FUxMg4cBEg0.jpg

Pretty sure the optics in the first are just Trijicon RX30s with sheathes over them.

BONUS - Out of all the images I've seen coming out of Ukraine, featuring railed PKMs... AR-15s/10s... P90s... kitted Mosins... railed AKs...  this is the only one that I've come across with a VSS in it that wasn't in the hands of Russian servicemen.

Xa67kEz.jpg

BONUS 2 - FSB Alfa dude w/ HK 417. Might've come back for seconds... or thirds... or fourths... on optics.

hMJUqDz.jpg

Edited by Katana67

I personally would want some stealth oriented clothing. Either that, or some hoodies where you can actually lift the hood

Romania

SLca3fk.jpg

TkjRDyb.jpg

Russia

fsb04.jpg

24ermlu.jpg

Albania

8MJJzuL.jpg

7288566684_9478816309_c.jpg

QVrIuiv.jpg

Serb-stravaganza!

530ac08a-cc8c-11e3-9f60-00163e135009.jpg

995210_535287203225562_316412859_n.jpg

7d1e.jpg

27.jpg

21.jpg

UGpncsT.jpg

1f994eac-c1af-11e3-9f60-00163e135009.jpg

Croatia

PJR6pa1.jpg

jtz4nyb.jpg

t6YJcI4.jpg

Edited by Katana67

Those Russians sure do love their Western toys..  that must be a knock-off LA-5/PEQ15?

Edited by IronCross

For myself I choose the suit on the left with an embedded HULC II system that never needs to be recharged.

For the rest of you I choose M1A4E2 Hawaiian shirts, Bermuda shorts, Mexican Sandals, blaze orange fanny packs, and bright pink beanies. 

Marine_armour_concepts_by_BenWootten.jpg

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Money...

6lGd6Br.jpg

Czech SF

sog7.jpg

BONUS - Volunteer in Ukraine

0kgr4SCCKpU.jpg

Edited by Katana67

Rappelling suit, It would be sweet. If down the road if they implemented a rappelling option; To go down from the top of  a building, or lets say ascend tactically from a helicopter.It would be a unique option and experience. They should also implement parachutes in the future as well. It seems pretty reasonable when your searching an airfield's hangers or radio towers that you'd have a rare chance of finding one of them. Again though this wouldn't be needed till later in the game when there's helicopters and planes and such. 

Katana, more and interesting melee weapons...

Maybe a Lee Enfield or something in terms of guns...

Outfits... Cargo Shorts, Hawaiian Shirts ;)

I know I am just giving you an explanation as to why every time you make a gun suggestion there are always half a dozen replies asking wtf immediately.

he dident ask for the explanation so dont offer it as free advise, just move on and lets continue the thread - any further response would be redundant at this point anyway 

I would like to see the M16, Scar & Barret .50 Cal in terms of clothing this SJ20_1.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to see the M16, Scar & Barret .50 Cal in terms of clothing this SJ20_1.jpg

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I want some very rare stuff ingame to provide sense of acomplishment or simply joy of finding extra rare piece.

Thing is I am strongly against making this game western weaponry loot extravaganza. We need more western weapons than now, but we surely (imo) do not need every nor majority of those weapons to be in game in order to make game great. Sometimes less is more and if setting is bent too much, it will become too generic, which I believe would be wasted opportunity.

This man speaks the truth. A high tech equipment should provide the said sense of acomplishment, not swarm the game. :)

Edited by Ceallach
  • Like 1

I'm just going to say it, I'd love a lootable straight bolt for the Mosin. I don't use optics on mine and I'd love to have the classic straight bolt handle look. :P I'd prefer if it came with a straight bolt and you had to loot or craft the bent one but I can understand why they did it that way.

nwEtiNK.jpg?1

uKtLmCa.png

They really really really need to start filling out the civilian sets more.  Camo should be a luxury, a big deal.  If you were to think about the % of irl clothes that are regular civilian vs hunting and military camo, its heavily lopsided.

We need:

Longsleve shirts

Thermal underwear;  oldskool waffle style cotton, or modern underarmour type

Fishing vest

Longsleve and vest versions of fleece

pairs of shorts

winter gloves

mittens

medical gloves

dress suit components:  slacks, vest, sportscoat

camelback water thing for vest slot

windbreaker

etc etc

Lastly, there needs to be some advantages (other than not looking like a cold blooded killer) to wearing civilian clothes.  Currently, about the only advantage to anything civilian is the mountain pack providing the biggest storage.  Of course, that is balanced by its enormous silhouette.    An overwhelming % of people wear all mil items, because there really is no disadvantage to it.  You can carry huge ammounts of items and be (arguably) harder to see while doing it.  Having a weight-based stamina system should help a little, but you'll probably just see slower Rambos instead of less of them.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 5

-They should add a Black suit with shoes, hat and different tie's like a 5 items set with different colors and stuff! I like to look like Hitman =P

- Add more weaopns with the same ammo we got now, like 10 different guns per ammo type, that means ppl can choose a gun to go with their outfit, and even tho they might be similar, they look different, and we would have a server where nobody had the same gun, =P 

We need:

Longsleve shirts

Thermal underwear;  oldskool waffle style cotton, or modern underarmour type

Fishing vest

Longsleve and vest versions of fleece

pairs of shorts

winter gloves

mittens

medical gloves

dress suit components:  slacks, vest, sportscoat

camelback water thing for vest slot

windbreaker

etc etc

I absolutely agree. We need much more civilian clothing!

I wouldn't wear military/hunting style all the time, if there were more good looking combinations (pants/jacket) of civilian clothing. :-)

• Like 2

Orthodox priest outfit, so that you can have things like this happening:

GSnj3Gb.jpg

That picture is so DayZ, crazy naked guy with an axe vs the othodox priest trying to restore order in the name of Jesus using a chainsaw :lol: .

I want my US Army digitl ACUs, FLC, and Assault pack...