nvrsbr

Are the Devs aware of the lack of loot spawning?

Some buildings that used to spawn loot have none now.

As an example the back room of the cafe type building has NO loot anymore.

There are a bunch of other locations where the loot is not spawning as well.

And NO they were not already looted.

This has been noticed by quite a number of people and had quite a big conversation going on Reddit about it as well.

I just wondered if its a known issue or not?

• Like 6

I also noticed this. Places were loot used to spawn were empty.

I encountered it rather frequently, especially in the brick bar/café building.

I am pretty sure they're aware of it, too lazy to find it, but they are aware that there are problems with loot spawning in some buildings.

Yeah, this can be agitating, as I keep looking in those back cafe rooms for backpacks, medkits, and food. BUT THERE IS NONE NO MORE.

Ok glad its not just me then, thought I was going nuts there for a bit until others started talking about it as well.

• Like 1

I've noticed that in the small dark wooden houses (along with most small houses), one of which was a loot spawning house in the mod, no longer spawn anything.

Likewise, there is no loot spawn on the second floor of the small house... with two floors. We really need a categorization system for these buildings.

There is not anything wrong with the game right now that they don't know about. They play the game themselves in addition to countless bug reports. They are on top of it. 

I am pretty sure they're aware of it, too lazy to find it, but they are aware that there are problems with loot spawning in some buildings.

Doesn't necessarily have to be that, you know? Just one way to temporarily deal with server-performance after the respawning Zombies were added.

Though I have to say that I played a few hours ago and didn't have that much of a problem with loot.

Edited by kichilron

Doesn't necessarily have to be that, you know? Just one way to temporarily deal with server-performance after the respawning Zombies were added.

Though I have to say that I played a few hours ago and didn't have that much of a problem with loot.

Loot not spawning in certain buildings (mainly small residential buildings) has been going on for a long while now, long before 0.42/3. The devs have stated that they're aware of the problem. I feel like Rocket mentioned it in the last video DevBlog.

It doesn't cause a problem with loot overall, but certain buildings might as well not have interiors if they're not even going to have the CHANCE at spawning loot. But it's just another Alpha issue that I'm sure will be remedied eventually.

Edited by Katana67

There is not anything wrong with the game right now that they don't know about. They play the game themselves in addition to countless bug reports. They are on top of it. 

They are on top of it?  Like zombie collision?  Great, I feel better knowing that problems that have existed for 2 years are getting their full attention.

What a terrible day in Day Z, for me. No loot, two characters die under shitty circumstances, and the new zombies are now teleporting at three times the speed.

I think it's a current design choice but they will not say anything about it. The reason I say it's a design choice is that there is probably only so much loot that can be spawned for server stability.

Yeah I noticed this in the only enterable residential brown house the mod had

Dose it not make loot a bit more of a valuable commodity? Make you value gear a bit more now that it is a bit rarer? I played this build in experimental for a bit, so I am used to it, and to be honest, it makes finding decent gear more of a challenge and achievement. There are also many more police stations and Medical Huts around different cities this build, so there is actually more chance of finding decent gear, not only at the Airfields.

Just my opinion however and a fresh spawn is HARD now. I like this.

Dose it not make loot a bit more of a valuable commodity? Make you value gear a bit more now that it is a bit rarer? I played this build in experimental for a bit, so I am used to it, and to be honest, it makes finding decent gear more of a challenge and achievement. There are also many more police stations and Medical Huts around different cities this build, so there is actually more chance of finding decent gear, not only at the Airfields.

Quite simply put, the rarer you make loot. The more KoS and banditry you have. Whether good or bad.

I'm a hardcore believer in respawning-loot for DayZ and its absence makes the game feel broken for me. For starters I dislike having to spend 10+ minutes joining and leaving servers that have been stripped of loot. Its a fucking annoyance and breaks immersion no excuses or exceptions. Especially when you just wanted to play for a bit, you end up quitting and picking a different game to play with a more competent development team that doesn't implement mechanics that require other missing mechanics to succeed. That design choice is fucking stupid plain and simple. Game feels broken without respawning loot. 

Other than that one missing mechanic the game is very enjoyable.

Edit: This isn't a rage, I know they will eventually add some form of respawning loot. Just saying without it feels extremely empty.

Edited by M0RG0TH

Try actually reading a thread before responding.

Quite simply put, the rarer you make loot. The more KoS and banditry you have. Whether good or bad.

I'm a hardcore believer in respawning-loot for DayZ and its absence makes the game feel broken for me. For starters I dislike having to spend 10+ minutes joining and leaving servers that have been stripped of loot. Its a fucking annoyance and breaks immersion no excuses or exceptions. Especially when you just wanted to play for a bit, you end up quitting and picking a different game to play with a more competent development team that doesn't implement mechanics that require other missing mechanics to succeed. That design choice is fucking stupid plain and simple. Game feels broken without respawning loot. 

Other than that one missing mechanic the game is very enjoyable.

Edit: This isn't a rage, I know they will eventually add some form of respawning loot. Just saying without it feels extremely empty.

Try actually reading a thread before responding

This has nothing to do with respawning loot

Edited by Weedz

This is not really a valid point. Sure you may like to have less loot, but then the amount of loot in every building should just be less, but still a chance for loot in every house you can enter. But to have many buildings that you can enter and which have zero chance to spawn loot is just stupid.,,, I dont feel like remembering which houses to ignore and which not, and i think it makes the game much less intresting, like all the non-enterable houses in the mod. So in my eyes it has nothing to to with "less loot".

They probably had to remove loot from other locations again to get items to spawn in the surrounding areas of the town in Guba (Sorry, forgot the name :<)

OR, they got removed by accident because of the new location. 

Edited by Konna

Loot not spawning in certain buildings (mainly small residential buildings) has been going on for a long while now, long before 0.42/3. The devs have stated that they're aware of the problem. I feel like Rocket mentioned it in the last video DevBlog.

It doesn't cause a problem with loot overall, but certain buildings might as well not have interiors if they're not even going to have the CHANCE at spawning loot. But it's just another Alpha issue that I'm sure will be remedied eventually.

We all know that, the issue is that there are now places that used to spawn loot all the time that re now no longer spawning loot after the latest patch(Stable Branch).

Edited by nvrsbr

Yeah I just saw that on Reddit right after my last post LOL.

Keep up the good work Devs :D

Edited by nvrsbr

They are on top of it?  Like zombie collision?  Great, I feel better knowing that problems that have existed for 2 years are getting their full attention.

Perhaps you could fix it sooner?

You don't have the foggiest idea what has their "full attention." In fact I'm quite sure you don't have a clue what giving attention even means in the context of game development. 

Edited by paisius77