Knifeguy

Getting wet

At this point in time does getting damp/wet/soaked have any adverse effects on gear/characters?  IIRC the end goal is you'll get sick if you get wet, and you need a fire to dry out, but not all of that has been implemented yet.

At this point in time does getting damp/wet/soaked have any adverse effects on gear/characters?  IIRC the end goal is you'll get sick if you get wet, and you need a fire to dry out, but not all of that has been implemented yet.

As far as I know, It doesn't yet. But as you said, We'll eventually get sick. 

For now, Take solace in the fact that it no longer rains in houses. ;)

• Like 3

As of now they do nothing. The team has planned that if you stand in the rain for way too long, then you might catch an illness such as a cold.

I assume the values haven't been added yet. But my raincoat gets just as wet as everything else. Oddly enough, my boonie doesn't get wet at all.

I find this feature more annoying than anything. All it causes is my text in the bottom left corner to be spammed by wet messages and the blue thing to be permanently in my tab screen. I haven't found a way to get dry yet.

On a side not does anyone think it rains WAAAAAAY to much in Chernarus? It seems to rain more than it is dry and with proper heavy rain too. When the rain can actually make you sick staying inside for ten minutes at a time is going to be a real bummer.

• Like 1

Storm frequency is like the tropics, and the duration is like England.  I think they should put umbrellas in the game, usable with one hand so you can hold a pistol in the other.  Sure, you could still kill people, but you'd feel a little awkward about it knowing you had a kitty print umbrella over your head.

• Like 2

I wish they would have went with the word "Moist". Instead of damp it would have made my experience that much better

I find this feature more annoying than anything. All it causes is my text in the bottom left corner to be spammed by wet messages and the blue thing to be permanently in my tab screen. I haven't found a way to get dry yet.

On a side not does anyone think it rains WAAAAAAY to much in Chernarus? It seems to rain more than it is dry and with proper heavy rain too. When the rain can actually make you sick staying inside for ten minutes at a time is going to be a real bummer.

I agree that it does rain a lot now.

I don't think it'll be annoying once they've managed to add some values in and tweak the rain. I don't mind the rain as much, as it gives an incentive to stay indoors. But it's a bit annoying to have a raincoat and have it get wet just as fast as everything else.

As for the spam messages, I suspect they'll be done away with. It's not like we need any further reminder that it's raining... when it's raining.

i would want it to say: "I am getting moist" lol

You don't have to be indoors to shelter from the rain, a tree keeps you dry too.

• Like 1

Get in a house and wait for a bit. That status should go away soon. My character had the damp status already a few times. Just get into a house, wait and it is gone again.

I fear the rain... I stay under the trees while it rains.. I hope they don't implement real thunder and compel me with the power of Christ.

• Like 1

I like the rain and the thunder and lightning. I have yet to climb the highest peak and scream "All Gods are bastards" in a thunderstorm though.

I think I may have something..

I was up near Svetlo, properly geared character: tac shirt, cargos, hunter pack, ballistic helmet, UK vest.  My dude starts complaining he's soaked, then the status is showing red-letter "my body feels soaked" so I decide to head into a barn to wait it out.  I have no clue if "soaked" can actually go away, so I wait.  I'm up on the third level, on a knee and waiting it out, where after 10 minutes of sitting there my character reacts like he's been hit by something.  I check my gear, and my pants, along with a protector case I was carrying in the pants are Ruined!

Now let me be clear.  There were no zombies in the area, plus I was up on the third level of a barn (they can't get up there).  The server was under-populated, and no players were anywhere in my vicinity.  Not to mention, the little window on the third level was the only place I could have been hit from, and I purposely placed myself away from it. The only adverse condition or circumstance I could have experienced was the fact that I was soaked.  There's really no other explanation. I think its related to the fact that I stopped moving while soaked. 

I was up near Svetlo, properly geared character: tac shirt, cargos, hunter pack, ballistic helmet, UK vest.  My dude starts complaining he's soaked, then the status is showing red-letter "my body feels soaked" so I decide to head into a barn to wait it out.  I have no clue if "soaked" can actually go away, so I wait.  I'm up on the third level, on a knee and waiting it out, where after 10 minutes of sitting there my character reacts like he's been hit by something.  I check my gear, and my pants, along with a protector case I was carrying in the pants are Ruined!

Now let me be clear.  There were no zombies in the area, plus I was up on the third level of a barn (they can't get up there).  The server was under-populated, and no players were anywhere in my vicinity.  Not to mention, the little window on the third level was the only place I could have been hit from, and I purposely placed myself away from it. The only adverse condition or circumstance I could have experienced was the fact that I was soaked.  There's really no other explanation. I think its related to the fact that I stopped moving while soaked.

I've had similar experiences as this but only now put 2 + 2 together...

I've had items of clothing go from damaged/badly damaged to ruined after being 'soaked' for prolonged periods of time, though I couldn't tell you if it was raining at the time of the change in damage.

Similarly, myself and a friend were on a rainy server when we were hit by server reset. Upon rejoining the server, we both made a 'pain' noise and an item of clothing was ruined (I think our trousers were ruined, can't quite remember.) A couple of items were also ruined but nothing major.

It does urk me slightly that the 'soaked' status stays with me at the moment. I'm like seeing all green on my inventory screen. But whatever, not exactly game-altering in any way.

Hidden pointless comments.

Especially when spamming pointless pictures / memes - make atleast sure to spoiler them.

Hidden pointless comments.

Especially when spamming pointless pictures / memes - make atleast sure to spoiler them.

Did you cross-post? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I read only till i saw umbrella post.

I WAN'T A UMBRELLA CORP - UMBRELLA!!!!AWWWWW
Imagine, you shoot in city and call a swarm of zombies, holding only umbrella with umbrella corp sing, and pistol. AWWWwwww

By the tread. I think that's here should be a litle bit less rains,because fap in building every 10 minutes so you would not get ill, pretty annoying

I've long thought that the rain is ONLY there to give snipers a reason to think twice about staying put for too long.

If this is how it is, it sort of confirms it :)

• Like 1

Did you cross-post? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I have hidden the comments in question. You wouldn't be able to understand - the people in question do, however.

• Like 1

I hope they are paying this guy good,, cause he's working his ass off.  

• Like 1

That 3rd floor barn pants ruining fiasco happened to me on a sunny day eating beans while crouched. I think that was the barn hurting you and not the rain. But I could be mistaken.