DirtyscumbagLith

Is this game getting worse?

Last night, I ran for 30 minutes to get to the NEAF. Looted it, fell through a window in the upstairs jail and broke both legs. I was geared.

This morning, back into the door that doesn't open in the bottom of the jail shooting a zombie at the NEAF and went friggin inside the building and cant escape it. Zombies run to me but cant kill me. I cant escape the room- logging in/out does nothing, running at the door hitting V does nothing...

I'm at a total loss. This game is fun, but you would think progress in game developement would move forward, not backward.

And for all you brainless fanboys who are going to say ALPHa, just F off. F.The.F.OFF.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

No.

How do you fall through a window in Dayz?

• Like 1

Hello there

if you find a problem with geometry then report it or check to see if its reported in the bug tracker.

As the game is indeed alpha you can expect many things to become apparently more broken as time goes on. Only towards a full release will you start to see everything become "tighter" and still unforseen bugs can crop up.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Worse? You are very lucky if you haven't stumbled upon those bugs until now. They have been in the game since launch. We all are just waiting for the fix.. ;)

• Like 2

I remember my first time falling through a wall..

• Like 3

... why do you have 308 posts and you haven't experienced this yet? And if you broke both legs, you should've had a morphine autoinjector (seriously, why not have at least one or two of these) or a splint on you, then you could've got up and attempted to exit the glitched area. (Very easy to do if you don't have broke legs). The jail buildings are especially glitchy atm, but you can only accidentally go through a wall if you're sprinting (Protip: Don't sprint in buildings). (Or log in error like I got once, came back after a server restart on the roof once, had to jump off. Didn't even break my legs somehow! But seriously, I only think that would happen if you attempt to move too quickly before a building you logged out in has fully generated)

45189174.jpg

Edited by Amias Free

Comedian takes the mic and says,

"So . . . I just came from some stairs in NEAF and boy are my legs broken . ."

Only two things in this world I'm scared of. First is Eastern Europeans at Riffy and second is any stairs at NEAF.

Edited by PhilB
  • Like 5

... why do you have 308 posts and you haven't experienced this yet? And if you broke both legs, you should've had a morphine autoinjector (seriously, why not have at least one or two of these) or a splint on you, then you could've got up and attempted to exit the glitched area. (Very easy to do if you don't have broke legs). The jail buildings are especially glitchy atm, but you can only accidentally go through a wall if you're sprinting (Protip: Don't sprint in buildings). (Or log in error like I got once, came back after a server restart on the roof once, had to jump off. Didn't even break my legs somehow! But seriously, I only think that would happen if you attempt to move too quickly before a building you logged out in has fully generated)

45189174.jpg

I have experienced this in the past, several times, but it was usually rickety crap ass buildings I fell out of.

I didnt expect this to be at a NEAF jail- one of the heaviest trafficked parts of the map 4 months after launch.

This is my Saturday night.

Go up a ladder, your dead.

Switch servers to meet friends, fresh spawn on coast.

Log out.

Love the game, got a ton of hours in, but its practically unplayable right now. I know the team is hard at work crushing those bugs, but its like a horde of locusts right now.

• Like 2

Rumors says that on experimental wall glitching is fixed, but overything else got broken in the process.

I think that whoever can take a break from DayZ SA for few weeks or more, is a winner here.

I mean when you get back, some stuff bound to be fixed, game will have more features (cooking & hunting atleast) and stuff in general.

It might also prevents some serious rustling of one's Jimmies.

• Like 2

... you can only accidentally go through a wall if you're sprinting (Protip: Don't sprint in buildings). (Or log in error like I got once, came back after a server restart on the roof once, had to jump off. Didn't even break my legs somehow! But seriously, I only think that would happen if you attempt to move too quickly before a building you logged out in has fully generated)

This just isn't true. You can clip into the walls at a walk, or even be pushed through them by another player walking too close to you.

@OP - It's really to be expected at the moment, especially with any of the new buildings which haven't been with us that long. I know it's frustrating, but hopefully this is something that will be looked at before the team spends much more time on adding ridiculous nonsense like horses and whatnot.

Werd, don't sprint in buildings. Not too say it is a cure all, but certainly a big factor with broken legs.

Definitely feel like we're in a holding pattern right now. No big deal.

Not surprised there are issues considering the amount of stuff they are trying to push through.

It's only been two months since release, with a significant holiday mixed in as well. Also, this is the slow part of the season for pretty much all business. I'm excited for summer when all this stuff gets sorted out. I think what we see is pretty typical and nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

This just isn't true. You can clip into the walls at a walk, or even be pushed through them by another player walking too close to you.

When I got stuck for the first time after sprinting through a wall I did some tests afterward and it would only let me back through if I was sprinting. Wouldn't know about players pushing you into stuff because every player I've met either runs or tries to kill me. 

@OP: If you're still stuck in that section of the jail, take out your axe and sprint at the desk in the lower jail room. Swing your axe and jump as many times as you can. You'll eventually clip through the wall.

• Like 1

Don't sprint in-doors, especially above the first floor. 

I've managed to glitch through that door before (if its the one on the first floor of the jail anyways), I was being a dumbass and overly paranoid, I had my back to the wall next to the door when I heard something so I jerked to the right and ended up with a clear view of the world around me - I was inside that little room. I didn't sprint to the wall but I was set for run so I took a little run at the wall with the computer on it and vaulted just as I hit the wall and came right out into the room. The sound I heard was just some zed that I had missed as I would later find out. Anyway all was well with the world after that and I took my leave of NEAF. Problem start to finish was only about 5 mins tops. If your leg is broken try just standing right at that wall and vaulting. Who knows you might even find a morphine injector in the cell or on the 2nd floor. 

@OP: If you're still stuck in that section of the jail, take out your axe and sprint at the desk in the lower jail room. Swing your axe and jump as many times as you can. You'll eventually clip through the wall.

Thank you. That worked. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

in response to OP:

this game is getting worse, because we are getting tired of it.

tired of the same bugs, tired of the same exploits, tired of the same broken and missing content.

this game needs a 6 month closure for all players, the a re-release of a playable alpha.

that wont happen so, we've just gotta...

tumblr_lgbinlBeoY1qf8yek.gif

• Like 1