Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

How I Appear as Friendly as Possible

7vN1k.jpg

Unfortunately, to appear as friendly as you possibly can, you're going to have to give up a rifle. But, with some inventory tetris, you can fit yourself an axe, ammunition, food, water, medical supplies, and a pistol or two for self defense. Now, you're probably wondering-

WHY HAVE YOUR AXE IN YOUR BAG?

I play with a lot of groups. A lot of the time, their guidelines on who to shoot or mug or torture include those with a gun or an axe. Basically, if you have a melee weapon, you appear a lot less noobish. You don't seem like a freshspawn and your menacing axe can make paranoid geared up groups see you as a threat.

To minimize this, I put my axe in my bag. This prevents players from seeing my axe on my back. This prevents them from knowing I'm even armed. This prevents them from shooting me right when they see me, unless they like to shoot unarmed players.

My yellow raincoat also adds to this, as I am very easy to spot. 

Now, why would you want to do this in the first place?

Well, if you're someone like me, you want to make sure the people you meet and want to potentially help don't see you as a threat. Plus, with this type of loadout / build, I can still conceal weapons for self defense.

Booyah.

Plus, as a bright, easy to spot target without a visible gun or axe, reasonable players are less likely to fire at you. This also gives you the advantage of appearing harmless. Though the point of this build is to appear friendly and harmless, you can use this to your advantage if you'd like.

Imagine you meet some dupers who openly brag about using exploits or whatever, but they don't instantly kill you and try to get you to team with them. WHEN THEY'RE NOT LOOKING PULL OUT YOUR CONCEALED WEAPON AND DISH OUT JUSTICE TO THE DUPERS.

DUPEBUSTERS!

Or you can use this for evil. Which would be sad, but, hey, smart.

7vNqX.jpg

• Like 5

This is why i dont trust ppl carrying packs. To many opportunities to hide melee or handguns.

I would not shoot you. Kudos on getting it right.. :)

• Like 1

After reading this I'm going to start shooting all bright, easy to spot targets.  You're just to tricksy.

... I wasn't trying to say I use this to trick people,

its moreso to make them not immediately shoot me so that there can be more diplomatic relations. Plus, I'll just switch to something different, then.

lately I have ditched weapons as well (melee and guns), I wont KoS (just not the playstyle I want ) and chances are if they shoot first I'm dead anyways.

so I might as well show them I'm clearly not a threat. I do however where camo and creep around because I find it better to see before being seen. 

... I wasn't trying to say I use this to trick people,

its moreso to make them not immediately shoot me so that there can be more diplomatic relations. Plus, I'll just switch to something different, then.

I was just joking.  I always make contact before shooting.  Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

I would not shoot you. Kudos on getting it right.. :)

a question for you Irish, since I've read a few of your post and gather that you have a bit of a KoS playstyle (not saying your wrong, in fact you seem fairly chill) what factors into your decision to pull the trigger? since you said you would not shoot the OP. is it the full outfit, lack of visible weapons, the yellow raincoat or the sexy eyewear?

also what effect does in game chat/voice have on lightening your trigger finger? would you consider talking to you/declaring themselves a sign of good faith (or maybe consider it a ruse, which it very well could be)

sorry if I'm getting slightly OT but I wanted to pick the brain of "the other side" particularly be cause I would like to interact with all "sides" and while I'm ok with dying I'd like to avoid it if I can

yep, by hiding every type of weapon you have you will look more of a noob and less of a threat, so yes. by looking like a noob you can survive allot easyer in encounters and still be able to survive a hostage situation or a robbery :) 

Was able to survive a session on a higher pop server by staying with civilian gear. Didn't get shot and I made player interaction, I even helped a crippled man on the AF. He said he was victim to the glitches.  :)

What I wore:

N8BISxL.jpg

Edited by AntonioAJC

If you came within a few meters from me (And continue to do so after I say "stay back" or move away myself) I'd shoot you. Or anyone, for that matter.

It still takes personality at least for me. If he's a total douche when I talk to or encounter him(not saying you are)or just a dumbass then I'm gonna drop him regardless if he's armed or not. so keep in mind to watch what you say nice words friendly banter and I'm a fan of a good joke go a long way in you making it through an encounter. But...you start thinking your tony Montana or you just sound like some gangsta douche bag tool your still gonna taste the 12 regardless of wardrobe but that's just me everyone has a different MO.

Are there actually some kind of bulletproof vests you can wear under t-shirts, sweaters, raincoats etc?

If not, can we get that? I wouldn't even need them to have inventory slots, I just would like to feel a little bit safer.

FYI, you can also easily store a sawed off shotgun in your pack. it takes up 4 spaces in 1 line horizontally. I currently do this to easily 1 hit kill in small buildings if i need to.

I have much better luck with camouflage gear and outsmarting people, myself.

It still takes personality at least for me. If he's a total douche when I talk to or encounter him(not saying you are)or just a dumbass then I'm gonna drop him regardless if he's armed or not. so keep in mind to watch what you say nice words friendly banter and I'm a fan of a good joke go a long way in you making it through an encounter. But...you start thinking your tony Montana or you just sound like some gangsta douche bag tool your still gonna taste the 12 regardless of wardrobe but that's just me everyone has a different MO.

Funny, I just watched Scarface last night.

I try to remain a mellow, nice guy, but I do throw around references to Mobster movies and that kind of stuff.

7vN1k.jpg

Unfortunately, to appear as friendly as you possibly can, you're going to have to give up a rifle.

You can have my rifle when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Hahahaha.

Then you'd definitely shoot yourself if you happened to encounter your twin.

Thanks for the info, will pass this along to the clan.

Shoot at sight, cuff, force feed and humiliate these players.

Thanks

Personally the lack of even a melee weapon on a well equipped player seems really suspicious. If you have a backpack, coat, and cargo pants chances are you also came across several axes too and are just looking to fool me...

Maybe try carrying a sucky melee weapon on your back. Maybe a baseball bat, or a fire extinguisher. It might make them think you're so new you don't know how sucky they are or maybe you're roleplaying as Gordon Freeman, a mechanic, etc.

Anyone here know all the details of melee weapons? I was once in a fight with a fire extinguisher guy and it seemed like the fire extinguisher was a very good defensive weapon. seemed like the majority of my axe hits kept clanking against the extinguisher. Too bad you can't spray paint the extinguisher though, because I always worry reds and oranges are going to make people want to kill me. lol