OrLoK

Arma3 Third person fix mod...thoughts?

Why not just play hardcore? :s

Also the popping in and stuff is kinda reminiscent of oldschool isometric games where things would pop in out of the "fog of war". Wouldn't bother me, but I probably wouldn't be playing 3rd person anyway.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 2

Also the popping in and stuff is kinda reminiscent of oldschool isometric games where things would pop in out of the "fog of war". Wouldn't bother me, but I probably wouldn't be playing 3rd person anyway.

respect for BBE - a legit HC server

While I admire the technical side, I couldn't fathom playing a game that does this.

• Like 1

While I admire the technical side, I couldn't fathom playing a game that does this.

turns 3pp off?

the dev team can remove 3pp if there is enough pressure to change BI stance on the issue.

• Like 1

turns 3pp off?

the dev team can remove 3pp if there is enough pressure to change BI stance on the issue.

There won't be enough people that share your opinion to pressure them. I enjoy both 1st and 3rd perspective servers, but the 3rd person ones are by far more populated on a consistent basis. The force 1pp on everybody people are way outnumbered in the community.

turns 3pp off?

I don't play DayZ, it's not what I expected it to be nor does it seem to be turning into that :) I do agree that the game would be far better off with just first-person.

I don't play DayZ, it's not what I expected it to be nor does it seem to be turning into that :) I do agree that the game would be far better off with just first-person.

How do you have almost 800 post and never played the game ?

• Like 2

How do you have almost 800 post and never played the game ?

I've played the mod for quite some time.

I've played the mod for quite some time.

ahhhh

do yourself a favor and wait to buy the actual game.

It is in a bad bad poor shape right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

ahhhh

do yourself a favor and wait to buy the actual game.

It is in a bad bad poor shape right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

I don't think I'll ever buy it really. I kept close track of the development for quite a while and find the progress underwhelming. I doubt this will ever be the game I expected it to be but should I be proven wrong, I will be forced to take a look :)

I don't mind having a server for each at the moment, but I really dislike 3PP for this reason. But if you want a separate server for it, sure. It is one I'll screw around in and troll people.

I'd like to see it fixed though.

If not, keep them separate still. But please. What I DON'T want, is hardcore to be any different/harder than regular just because its "Hardcore". I play it because I like that you can't exploit 3PP. I don't want to have to eat even more and die even easier than I already do all because I think playing 3PP ruins the immersion.

I don't mind having a server for each at the moment, but I really dislike 3PP for this reason. But if you want a separate server for it, sure. It is one I'll screw around in and troll people.

I'd like to see it fixed though.

If not, keep them separate still. But please. What I DON'T want, is hardcore to be any different/harder than regular just because its "Hardcore". I play it because I like that you can't exploit 3PP. I don't want to have to eat even more and die even easier than I already do all because I think playing 3PP ruins the immersion.

Yea I don't like the idea of fragmenting the community just because the Devs are too scared to tackle the issue of exploits and crutches.

Either FIX it by putting in some sort of mod such as the one op posted or remove TPV all together.

• Like 1

Yea I don't like the idea of fragmenting the community just because the Devs are too scared to tackle the issue of exploits and crutches.

Either FIX it by putting in some sort of mod such as the one op posted or remove TPV all together.

I think my thing from another thread fits good here for all the crutch kiddies who so desperately rely on corner camping they can't even accept this perfect solution to 3pp exploiting. 

"I love the people who act like every single shooter ever made wasn't 1st person only for the first 30 years shooters existed yet people seemed to manage and that 1st or 3rd person / hardcore or casual weren't even words to describe a game ... you were just playing a shooter. People who act like it's impossible to play a shooter in 1st person view are HIGHlarious."

because the Devs are too scared to tackle the issue of exploits and crutches.

Hello there

would you like top qualify that?

rgds

LoK

Hello there

would you like top qualify that?

rgds

LoK

Merely a suspicion I have about why Third person View is still a thing.

If I were a dev I would be terrified of the public outcry caused by the removal of Third Person view.

Sure by now the majority of the community probably wants it removed due to the exploits and cheating that arises from it but those that don't will be so vocal that it would probably give the devs and the game negative publicity.

So at this point I doubt outright removing TPV is even an option anymore unless the devs are ballsy.

Hello there

I think if the devs were not ballsy you'd see the SA emerge like the 500+ mod servers we've all seen.

TPV and its supposed removal is not down to the devs fearing a backlash.

IF they decided to (BIG IF) remove 3rd or indeed 1st person views then they would do it.

But why would they *want* to remove it?

Asserting that the devs lack "balls" is IMHO a bit off.

Rgds

LoK

What I DON'T want, is hardcore to be any different/harder than regular just because its "Hardcore". I play it because I like that you can't exploit 3PP. I don't want to have to eat even more and die even easier than I already do all because I think playing 3PP ruins the immersion.

Actually this brings a interesting side to it.... Off topic a little.. They are looking to add more to what hardcore servers should be besides just throwing it to being 1st person only. They said that its a work in progress... So eventually "hardcore" servers will be increased in its difficulty besides just how you are allowed to see..

This brings a couple questions...

Should there be 1pp normal and 1pp hardcore servers? Giving the people who like the rest of the game how it is normally with 1st person only, while also allowing the devs to add more difficult aspects for a more defined hardcore setting...

That also brings to question of should there be 1rd/3rd normal and 1st/3rd hardcore?

People who enjoy playing in both views will no doubtingly want to play the other hardcore aspects the devs put in without having to be in 1st person.. Also as well those who enjoy 1st person only, might not want other aspects of the game to be increased in difficulty..

Some of us enjoy both views, simple as that. Still, not a fan of people being able to see over walls and around corners though. I hope it gets fixed...  

If it doesnt and my only choice to get away from this is to play first person only servers... Id rather just deal with the people who use 3rd person specifically for the advantage against another player.. Theres more to the game than just worrying about the other person or infested imo. With alot of those things, I like the change in view..
Edited by cels

Actually this brings a interesting side to it.... Off topic a little.. They are looking to add more to what hardcore servers should be besides just throwing it to being 1st person only. They said that its a work in progress... So eventually "hardcore" servers will be increased in its difficulty besides just how you are allowed to see..

This brings a couple questions...

Should there be 1pp normal and 1pp hardcore servers? Giving the people who like the rest of the game how it is normally with 1st person only, while also allowing the devs to add more difficult aspects for a more defined hardcore setting...

That also brings to question of should there be 1rd/3rd normal and 1st/3rd hardcore?

People who enjoy playing in both views will no doubtingly want to play the other hardcore aspects the devs put in without having to be in 1st person.. Also as well those who enjoy 1st person only, might not want other aspects of the game to be increased in difficulty..

Some of us enjoy both views, simple as that. Still, not a fan of people being able to see over walls and around corners though. I hope it gets fixed...  

If it doesnt and my only choice to get away from this is to play first person only servers... Id rather just deal with the people who use 3rd person specifically for the advantage against another player.. Theres more to the game than just worrying about the other person or infested imo. With alot of those things, I like the change in view..

There really shouldn't be different difficulties or anything that further divides up the player base; especially since this game is supposed to be kick you in the teeth hard anyway. If people don't like that go play a different game they shouldn't ask for stuff like "can we get servers with less zombie damage". With this mod there wouldn't even be a need for 1pp and 3pp servers as there would be little to no benefit to 3pp over 1pp.

Edited by Weedz

There really shouldn't be different difficulties or anything that further divides up the player base; especially since this game is supposed to be kick you in the teeth hard anyway. If people don't like that go play a different game they shouldn't ask for stuff like "can we get servers with less zombie damage". With this mod there wouldn't even be a need for 1pp and 3pp servers as there would be little to no benefit to 3pp over 1pp.

Thats a good point.. 

I don't much care either way. An advantage that everyone has isn't an advantage

I think you need to think that through a little more mate.  ;)

If you are standing at a wall, you can clearly see over it. However the poor bugger running towards it can not see you at all. You can clearly see what end he runs too and and flank from the opposite end etc. A clear advantage.

I run in first person mode no matter what server I am in but I have to account for the wall advantage perspective as part of my game play. I wish there was only first person servers and really can't understand why someone would want to ruin the immersion of the game. Some people must just rely on it to get by I suppose.

Which in my personal opinion there really shouldn't be 3PP in this game...The game is supposed to be realistic. But until that option is removed or they make hardcore more difficult for no reason I don't care what others do.

this is stupid...move the camera closer to the traditional 3rd person OVER THE SHOULDER shooter FOV.

Problem solved.

seriously why is this so hard?

If you want vanity mode its fine- i like 3rd person myself because i like to see my character. So just move the cam to over the shoulder and that solves the exploit problem

Edited by Duenan

this is stupid...move the camera closer to the traditional 3rd person OVER THE SHOULDER shooter FOV.

Problem solved.

seriously why is this so hard?

If you want vanity mode its fine- i like 3rd person myself because i like to see my character. So just move the cam to over the shoulder and that solves the exploit problem

You would still be able to see around corners.

Only reason solutions are either remove it outright.

or

Implement a mod like suggested.

• Like 2

They also appear, as shown in the video, if he leans the character and that makes another a player enter line of sight. I am a bit worried that the difference in landscape between a player being there and then appearing would actually function as a radar bleep, making a character that would think himself nicely camoflaged or too far away to be noticed by others, stand out after all, even if they implement the fading transition.

A player leaning back and forth a couple of times really fast would make a player, say an enemy sniper, actually appear to be blinking, and thus very noticeable indeed.

Iv been playing with this mod in the Arma 3 editor.

Changing the

_outDis = 400;  Outer perimeter. Units outside this radius are ignored. (meters)

_inDis = 100;  Inner perimeter. Units outside this radius are ignored if they are moving slower than 5m/s. (meters)

To

_outDis = 2400;

_inDis = 2400;///ignored if they are moving slower than 1m/s.

Stops this"radar bleep"

And the pop in and out time can also be changed.