Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

A surrender flag?

So I was thinking.. would a surrender flag have its place in dayz?

white+flag.jpg

Perhaps you could craft one out of sticks and a tshirt. You could hold it in hand, allowing other players to see that you are surrendering. Could be used for all sorts of mayhem as well. Maybe we could even stick them in the ground? Have them delete on restart though. Paintable down the road.. used for marking bases, etc.. People could use them to mark dangerous territory. Mark where they've left their backpack.. etc.. 

What do you think? (also.. my search button broke. So sorry if this has been brought up before)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 9

It'll finish in same way like 'friendly, friendly, dont shoot me' and when they are close they axe you.

It'll finish in same way like 'friendly, friendly, dont shoot me' and when they are close they axe you.

sure it will 99% of the time.. but the option to use it would be nice. You could lure people into a trap.. make them feel falsely unthreatened. Or just let people know, hey I give up.. stop shooting me please. 

This would be great!

But this should be very difficult to do because the item would be equipped in your hand and so it'd be obvious if they switched to a weapon. Would be really good to use to extend around a corner if you're pinned by fire from beyond speaking range.

Doubt that anyone would actually use it.

Well,we have a "hands up" animation.

A white flag would be pointless,a waste

of precious rag and sticks resource.

They already have both hands up animation

Yes they do.. and you cannot use that animation while prone without exposing yourself to be shot.

Well,we have a "hands up" animation.

A white flag would be pointless,a waste

of precious rag and sticks resource.

In the event that you are being fired upon, and wish to have the whole thing stop.. or to signal to someone for any reason from a distance. Say your noob friend cannot see you, so you wave a flag to signal him.. over and over until he finally sees it 12 minutes later.. lol ;)

I sure would use it from time to time. Ive never used the hands up animation other than messing around by myself the first time I logged on.

and then you can attach a knife to the bottom and kill them when thay come close.. i mean umm.. no, so you can open their beans… yes...

Edited by DMentMan

As i posted in another topic. It is good to have as many features as possible. I would use it. Maybe you won't. Then don't use it if you don't want. I would, so would quite many people. I don't say, most would, but some would.

• Like 1

Never give-up, agreed, i would simply die fighting then use that flag of shame.

The only reason it's to be a "hook" so your friends snipers could murder ppl who came talk with you with easy.

I like the idea... it won't stop me from killing you but I like it.

This is a very good idea for marking a location.

Maybe not so much for surrendering,but now with persistant

storage ingame,we could use a flag to mark the position of our stash place/base.

Surrender?

with the #yolocalloduty kids around?

So I was thinking.. would a surrender flag have its place in dayz?

white+flag.jpg

Perhaps you could craft one out of sticks and a tshirt. You could hold it in hand, allowing other players to see that you are surrendering. Could be used for all sorts of mayhem as well. Maybe we could even stick them in the ground? Have them delete on restart though. Paintable down the road.. used for marking bases, etc.. People could use them to mark dangerous territory. Mark where they've left their backpack.. etc.. 

What do you think? (also.. my search button broke. So sorry if this has been brought up before)

You must be French or Belgian as none of the Irish I've met would even contemplate surrender.

• Like 1

Laws of war / Geneva Convention hold no authority in Dayz and are meaningless here.  Therefore, a surrender flag has no value.  The 'hands in the air' function seems like enough.

support. its a good idea, I wouldn't use it for surrendering (I do not surrender.) but I would definently paint it or something and use it to mark bases, certain locations, etc. good idea.

• Like 1

You guys claim you would never surrender, not because you are "brave", but because in spite permadeath current game (and death) is not a big deal.

When (or if) passive skills implemented and charac developped them for many hours, and with combat log not allowed, you will change your mind :P