Sebidee

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

• Yes, headshots.
    • No, I like it how it is.
    • Compromise, headshots should kill them in one but they should be able to take more damage to the body.

Yes but only if they also add the ability to dismember zombies. So you can slow zombies down by shooting their feet off and so on.

Will never happen though.

I like it the way it is simply because the zombies are too glitchy to even be able to get a headshot on them. Once they are better synced with the world, and their animations work properly then I might change my mind.

DayZ zombies are infected people, not the living dead. They also run and move erratically, so landing a headshot would be very difficult. If zombies were slow then I might agree, but then they wouldn't pose a threat. 

DayZ zombies are infected people, not the living dead. They also run and move erratically, so landing a headshot would be very difficult. If zombies were slow then I might agree, but then they wouldn't pose a threat. 

Well, on stable it is way too easy to deal with the Zs. Yes they are fast, but still not a real threat - just pull out the firefighter axe and one hit them - give me 50 Zs, still not a threat with this weapon.. 

On Experimental people cry because Zs are not a one hit anymore - I like it. 

Personally I would like that you need at least 2-3 hits with the FF-axe unless you hit the head. With more Zs this will make you either go stealth mode or use your gun. With a little better Z AI and higher spot range ( espacially hearing gun shots ) this would result in less people killing people OR making it to a somewhat hard decision. "Is it worth killing this guy if 10-20 Zs get aggroed right after my shot?"

But I think they are working on that already. 

Edit: The same thing with guns. 3-10 shots in the body(more for military Zs since they might wear a vest), 1 to the head.

Edited by AccountFromHome

Well, on stable it is way too easy to deal with the Zs. Yes they are fast, but still not a real threat - just pull out the firefighter axe and one hit them - give me 50 Zs, still not a threat with this weapon.. 

Bear in mind that there will be many more zombies spawning in the future. Lone zombies and small groups aren't a threat, but that'll change once you're being beaten on by 20 of them and you can't evade them by running into a building.

Tougher zombies, within reason, is fine - but headshot only would get silly.

In a game with functional zombies...yes.

In a game where zombies run fast through walls and can hit you while facing the other way or on a different floor all together, or my new favorite when you run away from a zombie and think your safe only to get rubberbanded back to a zombie hitting you over and over...no fluckin way!

What do you think?

Discuss, elaborate why, or why not.

Merging

Please search before posting

Edited by kichilron

Nah, but I do want them to be more resilient if not shot in a vital area. They aren't rotting corpses, they're infected human beings. So, whatever brings a man down, should be what brings a zombie down.

They are supposed to be "infected" so no.

The main reason though, is because how difficult it is to hit a zombie at all inside of a building with a melee weapon, let alone in the head. no thanks.

Please don't let 'headshoot-only' happen. I like the idea of infected, fast running (28 Days later) infected, that can be killed by enough shoots. What I actually would like to see is an realistic damage modell. Infected that can bleed out, break bones, scream in pain when you shot them in the leg (for example) and make them slower that way. And offcourse: Shotgunshot in the stomach and the zed is dead. Hopefully. Also it would be great if there would be infected that would lay on the ground like dead ones, but suddenly jump up when you crossing too close to them.

Headshots versus other sorts of killing has been an ever-present debate in zombie games in general, but... either way it goes I won't support it till the zombies are somewhat stable and headshots are feasible for the normal person.

I think zombies should need head shots only to kill. BUT, body shots should end up dropping them to the ground to save time or make an easier head shot, or maybe even knock them out, so if other players see a zombie on the ground they could think its dead but a proximity radar should trigger when another player is near and automatically get up and attack them, that would be awesome.

For example: Every weapon can head shot zombies dead, small weapons like pistols or UZI's or something like that should just drop zombies to the ground for 2-3 seconds, and heavier caliber weapons to the body should knock them out "unconscious".

Of course there would be a timer on the body of the zombie for how long it will stay in an "unconscious" state, before dying. This would be cool once they can maintain more zombies in the world.

The only problem is that zombies are in an extremely buggy/unbalanced state right now, so putting headshots only on zombies than can warp through walls and break legs in 1 hit should not have any more unbalanced features. 

Hopefully they'll make this a server option, not a globally-forced feature. 

I think when you are surrounded by 10-15 zombies with only a crazy loud gun, it would be a pain to try and get headshots on all of them.

Make it less zombies, which are way more dangerous. Zombies that kill you within 1-2 hits if you are in range, or even one hit. Why? Because Arma sucks ass in that regard. We will never have another threat than players, if zombies stay how they are. And unfortunatly, the I doubt the engine is capable of having thousands of zombies running around with a semi good KI. And even if, the will still be f**cking stupid. Noone will care about them. Noone ever did.

But if you have like 4-5 zombies each town, that are really, really, f*cking dangerous, and which hear really, really good. Every player would think twice about shooting in a city. Shoot in cherno, have fun with 2-3 of the most deadly motherf*ckers you have ever seen. They are faster than you, stronger than you and they will kill you if they see you. Your chances of survival are close to zero if spotted by them.

I don't care about it fitting in the "lore". F*cking change the lore. Gameplay is more important. Last of Us did a really job in my opinion. Whenever you saw these motherf*cking infected, you thought yourself "Oh my god, please no, just let me fight the normal humans". Like the motherf*cker who did a 1 hit kill when he touches you? Hell yes man, I was f*cking afraid of them. Nervous as f*ck when confronted with them.

It should take more than one headshot, so ammo gets something you need to fight these monsters. Right now, you don't want to waste ammo, why would you? You can run away from zombies, you can kill them with your fists. And even if, you will never group up with a stranger, because the biggest threat is him, betraying you. But if the infected are more dangerous, people will be way more likely to form groups.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. Maybe have like normal zombies and additionally to them a few of the motherf*ckers that make you shit in your pants when seeing them. Because right now, zombies are just annoying, I NEVER felt intimidated or scared. And I don't think I ever will again, to be honest. Zombies are f*cking lame, everyone knows how to deal with them, especially if they have the KI of a f*cking vacuum cleaner.

Edited by Wayze

If the zombies would be slower like some patch ago then headshot or many body shots could be a nice addition but body shots should slow them down.

I don't think DayZ zombies are classical undead zombies, I believe they are just infected people who are referred to as zombies.

Allow me to correct you *Classical Takes on the Original Zombie* the original zombie is not a mindless shuffling flesh eater

I think they should take more body shots befire going down. But headshots only? That's not believable or realistic AT ALL. These are just diseased humans not reanimated corpses.

• Like 1

I think it should be optional. That is, a server admin can decide if his server will be headshots only or not.

Id really love to see a dayz where zombies can take multiple rounds to the body before they die(enough to make you think twice before trying to take them down with body shots and only leaving this as a last resort when youre really about to get overrun) And leaving headshots as the most viable way to dispose of them. But for that to happen zombie animations and movement must be developed in a way that allows headshots. They are currently too twitchy and fast for headshots to work. And body shots from different calibers should stagger zombies to different degrees.

Agreed. Zombies should be about as durable as survivors (same health and same resistance as a survivor wearing the same type of clothing) but immune or at least more resistant to shock and blood damage. This way they die just as fast but it requires a little bit more effort to stop them.

If I had my way I would make it so that you can only kill a zombie by destroying the brain. It fits in with all the other zombie franchises (except 28 Days, but they aren't really zombies) and would somehow feel more like how I expect or at least feel like zombies should be. I also think it would improve gameplay. People want more zombies but they also want them to be more of a challenge. At the moment if you are armed with an M4 you can kill at dozen zombies at a 100 yards in only a matter of seconds. Armed with any other gun, even a pistol, is pretty easy as well. By forcing us to take very careful aim it would make zombie encounters much more interesting once you're geared up. To conserve ammo you would also be forced to allow zombies to come closer before you shoot them, making them much more dangerous.

So, do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

EDIT: I changed the poll because someone made a good suggestion. I think you can change your vote if you want to can't you?

Dean has stated before that the zeds in DayZ are infected similar to 28 days later :), they are not undead zombies.

I think they should take more body shots befire going down. But headshots only? That's not believable or realistic AT ALL. These are just diseased humans not reanimated corpses.

Well what would be realistic? I have zero experience with zombies or zombielike diseases in real life.

If they are just diseased hunams, shouldnt organ shots be viable choice? Heart, lungs or even knee for that matter.

yeah, headshots only, but really, at the moment, with how un-co the larger melee weapons are, that would mean you are restricted to the useage of stabbing weapons such as the screwdriver and ashwood stick...