doublebrain

ArmA 3 Stances in DayZ

Please stop with this "These survivors have no training, they can't do this, that, or the other" BS I'm seeing a LOT of. If you wanna get THAT realistic, then how about we take away the survivor's ability to insert an IV. Because without thorough medical training, you will not be able to stick an IV in your VEIN (not artery which can be easily mistaken for) efficiently without cause sever damage and/or bleeding.

But wouldn't it be kind of difficult to even find an artery to poke an IV catheter at, since they run below the layer of tissue where veins are located. Veins run just below the skin, arteries run deeper. This is why people often apply, for example, a compression band wrongly, because to stop the flow of blood from the heart outwards (like you might want to do in the case of a field amputation), you need to tie a limb so tightly, that it seriously causes pain to the victim. Only then do you actually block the arteries.

I do agree with you by the way. I just felt like I had to make that point.

Please stop with this "These survivors have no training, they can't do this, that, or the other" BS I'm seeing a LOT of. If you wanna get THAT realistic, then how about we take away the survivor's ability to insert an IV. Because without thorough medical training, you will not be able to stick an IV in your VEIN (not artery which can be easily mistaken for) efficiently without cause sever damage and/or bleeding.

its not about training etc or having military moves  lol

the whole point of the A3 Stances is to allow you to poke your gun/head over different sizes of cover

In real life, trained or not, you can adjust your height to any sized piece of wall. In game, a more streamlined and organised system must be used. So rather than just crouch/stand they have several iterations. No training or knowledge is required to adjust your crouch height in real life. Absolutely moronic

AFAIK the ArmA 3 stances were considered too "military" for DayZ, as you're supposed to be playing as your average civilian. They could have just ported them over if they'd wanted them in DayZ.

I wouldn't oppose having a couple of extra stances to help use cover more effectively, but I think the full range would be excessive.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

its not about training etc or having military moves  lol

the whole point of the A3 Stances is to allow you to poke your gun/head over different sizes of cover

In real life, trained or not, you can adjust your height to any sized piece of wall. In game, a more streamlined and organised system must be used. So rather than just crouch/stand they have several iterations. No training or knowledge is required to adjust your crouch height in real life. Absolutely moronic

Hence the reason I wrote that lol. I was stating we don't need "Military Training" to do this shit.

• Like 1

Only military pokes up their head from cover? so children dont do it when playing....oh i dont know.....hide and seek?

More stances would be fantastic, I thought they would have introduced right from the get go but I have not heard any of devs discuss it. So unfortunately I doubt it will happen.

From what I understand Standalone is a bit of a mix of ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm wondering if it's possible? I have no idea, I am completely ignorant when it comes to developing and all that jazz.

Sidenote: I always kinda thought the overall engine was the same within the ArmA series...going all the way back to OFP. I mean, since the beginning people were able to import mods, maps, and buildings and such to each new iteration in the series. Then again, like I said, I'm totally ignorant about these things.

DayZ SA is running the Real Virtuality 3 Engine [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Virtuality_(game_engine) ] which is the same as the TakeOn Helicopters engine which is kind of an equivalent of Arma 2.5 , basically a modded version of OA engine with bits of A3 as well

Edited by tatchell

At EGX I think Dean said that they started working with the guy that set up the arma 3 movement system. Hopefully he includes some form of this stances system, I find it very useful in arma 3.

I want the arma 3 stances very badly, it helps out so much and the standard 3 stances just seems like such an aged idea to me after playing arma 3 lol

This is a no brainer and needs adding in - it needs to be bound to something like shift?alt?ctrl + mouse scroll wheel - scroll up to raise, down to lower and get rid of that fucking awful scroll menu system!

AFAIK the ArmA 3 stances were considered too "military" for DayZ, as you're supposed to be playing as your average civilian. They could have just ported them over if they'd wanted them in DayZ.

I wouldn't oppose having a couple of extra stances to help use cover more effectively, but I think the full range would be excessive.

I'm having a hard time understnading how it's too military.  It would make sense to me that a normal person would crouch even lower behind certain covers.  I don't think the military teaches an extention of stances, besides crouched and proned, I would think it would just come naturally.....was it a poll or just a descision from the devs?

Why are all survivors running around like they had years of training at magpul enterprises and recieved a magpul m4 as a graduation gift?

It doesn't need to be exactly the same, but it doesn't take any training to shoot a gun sitting down, or halfway between crouched and standing.

And what would be wrong with survivors having slightly militarised stances anyway.

I'd be far more worried that the character can sprint around with a full hiking backpack on, as well as full Assault vests, with a gun and axe.

Dayz defenetly needs something like the adjustable stance , there are too many covers with differnet hights that can be used a lot more efficently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2UCDHibVAY

Arma 3 just does gun combat right.

The recoil is right, the stances add so much, the AI is actively trying to flank you.

The only other thing they could really add is blind firing.

I'm getting the urge to play Arma 3 rite now.

More sub-stances are welcome. Exact Arma 3 ones wouldn't naturally fit but I'd like to see something similar.

I can attest, from personal experience, that people without military training can peek over and around things of different heights. 

Beans.

The dog dragging its ass on the carpet stance is my favorite.

Couple that stance with a skateboard and you have one low-pro mofo to go shooting up towns.

• Like 1

Add ArmA 3 Stances to DayZ

a3_stance_adjust.jpg

Has already been discussed a little in this thread. But even the OP said there should be a new thread opened for the idea because it acctualy wasnt realy related to his suggestion.

So it would simply add more stances to the game. ZXC would be still the keys for quick change between prone, crouch and stand. But with a combination of keys you could go a little lower while crouching for example untill you are completly prone again. Would make it easier to shoot from behind cover.

Im not hooked on the idea. I just wanted to create a topic where ppl can discuss it.

I think it would a good thing but not too necessary.

I dont own any right on this idea. All rights go to AsOiX.

Yes, please. This.

We all know and love the Arma 3 stance system and while some may want it ported over to Stand Alone it really would not fit.

The stances in Arma 3 are of those of a highly trained soldier something the survivors in Dayz are not.

@vz_cms.jpg

While amazing these stances would need to be civilized for Stand Alone.

this would mean taking many popular hunting and civilian shooting posses at the appropriate heights and then incorporating them into stand alone.

Some of the stances such as urban prone would probably not fit at all.

There is a tutorial on the Stance system in case you are unaware with it and have never played arma 3.

Bump?

I think 28 beans are pretty good for a suggestion thread. So I guess ppl like it. Guess thats a reason to bump and see if ppl still like it.

We all know and love the Arma 3 stance system and while some may want it ported over to Stand Alone it really would not fit.

The stances in Arma 3 are of those of a highly trained soldier something the survivors in Dayz are not.

@vz_cms.jpg

While amazing these stances would need to be civilized for Stand Alone.

this would mean taking many popular hunting and civilian shooting posses at the appropriate heights and then incorporating them into stand alone.

Some of the stances such as urban prone would probably not fit at all.

There is a tutorial on the Stance system in case you are unaware with it and have never played arma 3.

Actually the idea with modern firing stances taught by the military is that they are intuitive and natural. They're based on a human's natural reactions when being presented with a threat. So in my opinion there's no need to "civilize" them.

1+ for people who do "helicopter" in dayz tried to shoot while still mostly covered

NO just NO. The current one are great and lets keep them. BTW you are not a soldier that was stranded into chernarus land .. You are a civiliar survivor which is only trying to survive and you dont need no mil stances...

• Like 1