GriefSlicer (DayZ)

Do you believe people who shoot on sight are terrible at DayZ?

No.

I consider them Cowards.

Specially those who crawl from under a rock onto a none PVP server and shoot freshies.

Or Kill Even when the victim has no weapon out and states he's friendly.

They do it then hide behind the (I'm a bandit) Bullshit as an excuse.

Just for you illiterate spinless bums...

ˈbandɪt/  
noun
noun: bandit; plural noun: bandits; plural noun: banditti
  1. a robber or outlaw belonging to a gang and typically operating in an isolated or lawless area.
    "the bandit produced a weapon and demanded money"
    synonyms: robber, raider, mugger;

Now.

Whats your next lie.

If you want PVP and have the Guts for it.

State it in clear terms so the victim has no illusions.

This at least gives them the option to fight or flee.

And have the moral backbone to live on a PVP server where everyone else at least has the guts to face you.

Instead of hiding on a None pvp server in a city waiting for fresh spawns who have no way to fight back.

Those who do this give REAL Bandits. a bad Rep.. And Yes.

There ARE real bandits ingame.

And I fear and admire them because They at least have the Nuts to hold you up and rob you.

They don't need to crawl out of the shadows and shoot you in the back.

And slaughtering freshies who prolly have 2 tins of beans and a handful of rags ISNT Banditry..

Its Murder.

IF you want to be a Bandit. Fine.

At least grow a pair of balls first.

Urrgh.

It sounds harsh and like im criticizing Bandits.

Just for the record Im NOT.

Its not unreasonable to assume in a collapsed society predators will surface.

Thieves and bandits will form groups and prey.

Its the nature of the beast.

And Im the LAST one to whine about people who pay their dues and expect to be able to play the game EXACTLY the way they wanted to.

You Want to invade camps and hold up lone scavengers.

Ive been held up cuffed and stripped of everything I had.

They defended me when zombies came.

You know who you are.. Kudos guys....

They left me in my underwear and made good thier escape;.

I enjoy roleplay. And don't object to the holdup. Sure I wish it didn't happen but. lol We all gotta live right.

But I do hold court when I am killed whilst my hands are empty and proclaiming that im friendly.

and whithout a word.

Or being bludgeoned with a baseball bat 20 seconds after spawning.

And yes this did happen TODAY I spawned as another freshie was being killed. Only to be killed as well.

So...

I paid my money too.

Shouldn't I have the right to play MY way.?

I stick to NONE pvp simply bc I want to Explore and meetup with and interact with others who just want to survive in a post apoc world.

If and When we cross into the PVP world

And I do from time to time.

The High loot servers are often the most dangerous ones. But the rewards.......... Nicee

But I guess on those occasions im fair game.

Sneaking into big cities for the good stuff has its risks.

Pays your money you takes your chances. Right. :)

This hasn't been a rant about being killed in a Pvp server.

Its been a reachout to those with the courage to PVP against others who love to.

And a finger point at the cowards who sit in NONE pvp bc they don't have the minerals to take their chances against REAL Bandits.

When YOU come to a None PVP Have the courage to behave the way YOU expect us to when we cross into yours.

Hold us up by all means. Behave the way you say your playing. NOT KOS and blame bandits

Sure it sucks being robbed.

But at least we can run and get more gear.

Not have to respawn in god knows where and hope we live long enough to find something to open the only tin of food in town

Bc its been looted to death by previous respawns. Probably killed by lazy cowards too scared to venture out to scavenge Incase they meet.

A BANDIT.. EEeek

Or worse still.

THEMSELVES. Shudder ( The thought they might breed fills me with dread ) LOL

Fairplay to all real Bandits out there. You know who you are. ))

Hopefully we will meet again. But not under the same circumstances.

If you get killed on sight, your fault for being in sight in the first place. If you don't want to get shot, take precautions. Scout your surroundings. Stay concealed. Don't assume the straight path is the best. All too often I see people running across open fields in a straight line. That's like painting a huge target on your back.

Personally I don't KOS, I felt bad the only time I did it, but I have nothing against those who do. This is a sandbox game, there are no good or bad playing styles. If you survive, you're doing good. If you die, not so much. There will always be good and evil.

• Like 1

Why do you get guns if you not gonna use them?

You get guns for the same reason you got a brain.

So you can decide when and how to use them.

Guns DONT kill.. People DO..

The Zombies are your enemy. 

Eventually you will run out of..

A. Ammo Bc you shot ALL the living and a tiny portion of the dead.

Or

B.friends. Anyone with more than 1 braincell will avoid you. Or Kill you on sight knowing you will do it to them.

Personally. I'd shoot you in the legs.

That way when you became Zombie bc you couldn't escape them.

The way your killed on sight victims couldn't escape you....

Youd starve to undeath.

Edited by Destructo_Brat

They'd crawl to the woods, get splinted up and come kill you before you're done gloating :P When dealing with killers, always double-tap. Then shoot them again to be safe.

Ammo will never run out, and neither will zombies and players.

As for friends... they can be a hindrance as much as a help depending on your playing style. 

If you shoot on sight why do you do it? I don't

can you explain to me why you are not bad at the game if you shoot on sight? They are not nessecarily bad at the game as such, but choose a boring playstyle, kinda like heli-whoring in Bf2.

What is your opinion on people who shoot on sight? They ruin the experience for other players. If players who want to PVP only attacked other armed, aggresive players, I wouldn't have any problem with it, but since they mostly prey on those who are defenceless or too nice to do the same thing, they deserve only loathing.

Do you think they are just pure douche bags that ruin your DayZ experience? Probably not. They most likely think that this is the way the game is supposed to be played. But they sure ruin i it for me every time it happens.

Should they be ashamed of themselves? Yes.

The most boring playtype I know of in this game are those players who camp on some hill far from a town, then snipe unsuspecting players in the town for no reason whatsoever. They never go to collect the loot, they never care if the person they shoot is a bandit or hero, they just kill everyone. It must be a very boring experience.

Again, it's the freaking apocalypse. Absolute anarchy.

I remain firmly of the opinion that if you get shot for whatever reason, or no reason at all, you brought it on yourself. Whenever I see someone, I assume they are dangerous and will kill me on sight, until they prove otherwise.  

If you shoot on sight why do you do it?

Myself? I usually shoot on sight if in "combat mode" - so to speak. Happens when someone is shooting around - especially when he is shooting at me. Also when people are silently running at me with a raised weapon.

can you explain to me why you are not bad at the game if you shoot on sight?

Thats shifting the burden of proof. Also shooting on sight has nothing to do with being bad at the game. This kind of thinking is flawed. Only because someones playstyle conflicts with yours he is not bad (though he might be bad at your playstyle - but thats not the same as being bad at the game). In fact the main question is: What is does "being good" mean in DayZ? Getting good loot quickly? Surviving for a long time? Finding out new things and tricks? Being socially adepet and able to cooperate? Working well inside a group? Being a good fighter? A successful predator? Leadership? Marksmanship? Ruthlessness? Kindness?

What is your opinion on people who shoot on sight?

Its legit. Different people do it for different things. Those people make good antagonists.

Do you think they are just pure douche bags that ruin your DayZ experience?

If anything they are pure douche bags that enhance your DayZ experience. One of the major game elements is the possibility of encountering a predator behind every corner. Or a potential ally...

Should they be ashamed of themselves?

Depends. Did they hunt you down, hit you or at least put up a fight? -> No. Did they start panic firing at you missing every shot until they run out of ammo? -> Yes.

I'm sure at least 75% of the people that KoS do it because they would rather shoot first than be killed.

If I step around a corner and a guy has his weapon drawn I will more than likely shoot him

If I had to answer the second question, which I don't really want to, I would have to say that being good at the game would be decided by your assessing of the situation and knowing whether or not to shoot first. There are times where negotiations and friendships aren't possible and shooting first is the only way to survive.

After all it is a survival game, if you get KoS'd it's because you have played poorly or made an error in judgement.

Should they be ashamed of themselves? ... no, it's a game and they probably enjoyed it.

KoS is part of the game. Get used to it because it will never go away.

Kudos!

Our clan KoS and/or take hostages, it is what it is. I used to be friendly, until DayZ changed me. Lol

To each their own.

FOG!!!

I prefer the saying not taking my chances not KOS. I have learned over time, around 80% of random players I meet are either hostile are planing on dicking around. There simply no point in me taking my chances with anyone and losing all my gear I spent days collect. Plain and simple If I see with weapon in hand, to me your hostile period. If a player has no weapon in hand and fails to voice com freindly I will shot and I will not make the 1s effort to make contact period. If they make an effort to say "Freindly" I will not shoot but keep my distance, making the encounter breif as posible at a distance. If I see another player at a military, weapon or no weapon in hand I will shot on sight. Just becuase someone is fresh spawn dosn't mean there not dangerous, they can knock you out and take your stuff, even they should make an effort to prove they are freindly. They could be just be freshly spawned bandit.  So I think KOSing can be mis understood.

Becuase of what I explained in the 1st question. My reasoning is simple. It comes from playing 100s of hours solo. I just don't take my chances with people who are armed, or make any hostile actions towards me in game. To many times I have seen voice contact random players turn south. To me there is there is no good or bad in Dayz only Grey.

It depends there reasoning. If its just for the sake of ruining someones day. To rob. Not too high. But if its out of being worried about the your own welfare, and for them to survive. I say they are playing correctly 

No. The worst people are those who bandit or rob. Or kill to get loot. Or players who capture people and turture. Sadistic wierd power triping stuff.

In its current state it is part of the game. There is no mechanics one way or the other.

Again depends on there reasoning.

Edited by CJFlint

Shooting on sight because of boredom. Thats not interesting to hunting animals and retard zombies. At first this can be interesting but by the time you really starting get bored and want to shoot somethingg. Peopless want action not runing araound like fool wholeday and looting looting and again looting.

• Like 2

anyone who shoots me (and isn't cheating), I applaud.

I remember the first time I got to cherno and made it to a well. Went to have a drink "You are dead." I laughed and I didn't blame anyone but myself.

• Like 2

Hackers are the are the real assholes......But the truth is hackers are pretty rare. I have only seen maybe a couple of them I was sure were hackers.

The funny thing is many people cry "Hacker! Hacker" because they don't understand why they were shot, basic infantry tactics ect ect. The reality is the person who shot you may have been 800 meters away up on a hill hidden under a tree completely out of site. That's not cheating what so ever. or even exploiting. That's skill its really is. 

There is so much mis understanding of the reality's of this game really is or the mechanics behind it. Bottom line is DayZ SA when you take away the zombies, and survival stuff...its a military simulator that stems from ARMA 2. There are no mechanics for ethics in DayZ. There's no mechanics weather your a hero or bandit. No score board. In fact much of these terms like KOS, Bandit or Hero is just spill off terms from the mod.  All these terms are made up by players....that's it! Move beyond the hype.

So cut this KOS shit out and bandit this and bandit that bullshit. Hero my ass...."hero" type play style suffer the worst. They are nothing more then bullet sponges in the Stand Alone. They try to help people just to get shot in the back...happens all of the time. Some of them get shot 2 3 times a play session. There is zero reward for it, other then you "help" someone out in a game with no ethics what so ever. Well hats off to them. Its all made up play styles...no one says you have to play that way. 

My advice is Adapt. Learn the mechanics of the game. Learn to avoid KOSers and people who play "bandit" play styles. Get the drop on them 1st...if possible. Don't use this Bandit, Hero  and  KOS this and KOS that as excuse. If you get shot dont have hard feelings about just re spawn and try again. Everyone had to do it. Take a break and play a different game if it gets to you. Just a dam game!

End of rant!

Edited by CJFlint

It's just part of the game guys, if there wasn't KOS there would be no tension. It's what makes it fun, you don't know what people are going to do.

• Like 2

Yes, people who kill on sight are absolutely terrible at DayZ.  They're not good enough or smart enough to assess the situation they're in and let it play out, so they simply end it.  This stems from being a weak individual, unable to cope with external pressures and anxieties and not being calm enough to quickly come up with a plan to engage the other player.  It's not like running behind a house or a tree or something, out of view of the player, and initiating conversation is really that hard...If you don't get a good feeling about him, leave him alone.  If he hears you and starts looking for you without speaking, kill him.  If he talks back, continue your assessment.  This is a very simple concept, but KOSers are just scared of interaction...They're scared of a video game, tey don't want to lose their precious gear and spend 20-30 minutes finding new stuff.  Why would they, they can't even be bothered to take 45 seconds to assess a player contact situation, why would they want to spend 20 whole minutes?  What it boils down to is trepidation, they don't know what they're doing or they're too scared to do it, they are the bottom of the barrell of DayZ players.  They are not bandits, they're just A-holes that are too scared to be real bandits.  People who kill fresh spawns are even worse, they're really THAT terrible that they kill people with ZERO gear...It's pathetic...DayZ is a very personal game, believe it or not.  It brings out peoples inner primal being and it shows up in their play.  The weaker individuals KOS, kill freshies and camp for hours waiting for someone to snipe from a mile away.  The stronger ones help people, are medics and hunt bandits and KOSers.  They have much more on their plate than some dude rolling around wating to spam left click and therefor are the superior player.

• Like 1

yes it is bad to kill unarmed bambis but its fun too 

this is dayz thats what dayz is about

bandits and heros and bambis and the zeds.also clans , vehicles and clan bases,

enjoy dayz whatever role you choose

I personally think that this game takes realism to the next level. personally I happen to enjoy PvP more than playing the game for basic survival alone. I don't think this means that pvp players are bad at the game. If the DayZ situation was real, people would be shot on sight all the time.  I feel strongly that if a player has enough tactical skill to bring the element of surprise to another player in order to loot his body, than he should. it makes the game more fun.

No. The worst people are those who bandit or rob. Or kill to get loot.

Well sorry for playing the game in a way it's meant to be played.

if i need stuff. stuff that i see you have. why would i bother going somewhere else to look for said stuff when i could just kill you and take said stuff?

Also this is partly the games fault. As there aren't any effective ways to knock someone out from a distance. I'd be more than happy to knock someone out, cuff em, put a burlap on their head, take what i want/need. and then be on my way without killing them.

because i was bored or got startled. 

why would i be bad?  how would i be bad? i saw you first. i shot first. and you died. sucks for you and that in no way makes me "bad at the game"

It's their choice. If they want people to KoS less then they need to implement reasons not to.

No. Killing players is part of the experience. This isn't rainbow and sunshine land where everyone is friends. Shit has hit the fan and the best stay alive.

Nope. You should be less butthurt or go play on a private hive/RP server with rules.

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 1

Well sorry for playing the game in a way it's meant to be played.

if i need stuff. stuff that i see you have. why would i bother going somewhere else to look for said stuff when i could just kill you and take said stuff?

Also this is partly the games fault. As there aren't any effective ways to knock someone out from a distance. I'd be more than happy to knock someone out, cuff em, put a burlap on their head, take what i want/need. and then be on my way without killing them.

because i was bored or got startled. 

why would i be bad?  how would i be bad? i saw you first. i shot first. and you died. sucks for you and that in no way makes me "bad at the game"

It's their choice. If they want people to KoS less then they need to implement reasons not to.

No. Killing players is part of the experience. This isn't rainbow and sunshine land where everyone is friends. Shit has hit the fan and the best stay alive.

Nope. You should be less butthurt or go play on a private hive/RP server with rules.

I don't give a shit if you rob people and will you not give crap about it. Just make sure you get a clean head shot other wise all there crap will be ruined. If that's how you play I don't give 2 shits. Just stay out my way, last guy in game try too pull shit with me got a whole 45 mag emptied out on him. Your not taken my shit there cheif.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

LOL

this is dayz .... not new to the series but new to standalone ...

however , it is look down upon even by the people who KOS to kill bambis , (freshspawn) they called bambis from GTA SAMP or MTA , because when you freshly spawn you run and jump makes you Run faster further and was then called bambis that then crossed over to over mods , but if you bored see a freshspawn and decide to take a shot , everyone be like oooooh bad , then laugh ,its the experiance of dayz taking , that person died so what , he respawned now maybe he get lots of loot and guns now and feel good he not a freshspawn getting taken out on the beach , its part of the game always has been

1.Spawn

2.run

3,collect

4.hide

if you dont do these right you gonna die anyway

this is a sandbox get your own back .

maybe be good to actually see who killed you that is missing from the game atm (i think i cant find it)

no rules for klilling , people on the server who are playing design the rules

whole point of a sandbox

HERO-OUTLAW PICK ONE

Edited by friendlypilot

Here's some advice for preventing you from becoming the fodder

• Don't trust anyone you don't know. Play with friends.
  • Avoid open areas, especially roads, beaches, and railroads. If you must follow one of these, stay up in any nearby woods.
  • Stay low and use cover. When you hear gunshots, drop to prone immediately with Z. Remember: someone may be aiming at you at any moment.
  • While cities are lucrative, avoid them whenever possible. Go in when you've just respawned and then stay away.
  • When approaching cities, identify possible snipers' nests and keep an eye on them. Assume anyone in one is a bandit who has already targeted you.
  • Be wary of anyone with a scoped rifle. These are rarely carried by legitimate zombie slayers.
  • Identify yourself as a friendly (if you are). You can do this by typing/saying "friendly" in side chat, lowering your primary weapon, or saluting.
  • Avoid people with clan tags or anyone unwilling to communicate with you.
  • Avoid telling others your exact location.
Edited by friendlypilot

Yes, people who kill on sight are absolutely terrible at DayZ.  They're not good enough or smart enough to assess the situation they're in and let it play out, so they simply end it.  This stems from being a weak individual, unable to cope with external pressures and anxieties and not being calm enough to quickly come up with a plan to engage the other player.  It's not like running behind a house or a tree or something, out of view of the player, and initiating conversation is really that hard...If you don't get a good feeling about him, leave him alone.  If he hears you and starts looking for you without speaking, kill him.  If he talks back, continue your assessment.  This is a very simple concept, but KOSers are just scared of interaction...They're scared of a video game, tey don't want to lose their precious gear and spend 20-30 minutes finding new stuff.  Why would they, they can't even be bothered to take 45 seconds to assess a player contact situation, why would they want to spend 20 whole minutes?  What it boils down to is trepidation, they don't know what they're doing or they're too scared to do it, they are the bottom of the barrell of DayZ players.  They are not bandits, they're just A-holes that are too scared to be real bandits.  People who kill fresh spawns are even worse, they're really THAT terrible that they kill people with ZERO gear...It's pathetic...DayZ is a very personal game, believe it or not.  It brings out peoples inner primal being and it shows up in their play.  The weaker individuals KOS, kill freshies and camp for hours waiting for someone to snipe from a mile away.  The stronger ones help people, are medics and hunt bandits and KOSers.  They have much more on their plate than some dude rolling around wating to spam left click and therefor are the superior player.

tl;dr i got myself killed and i'm really mad about it

• Like 1

-Fear of being shot myself first, hardly ever for loot.

-Because the game is about survival and being the one to shoot first is sometimes the best way to survive.

-It all depends on the situation. Many times I was shot while not having my weapon in hand, saluting and saying "friendly, can I help you?". Those KOS'ers I hate and think are cowards. If I do have my weapon in hand and we surprise each other and I get shot I understand and won't blame the other.

-No, as was said before it creates an atmosphere of tension but I would like to see more players make an effort to get out of situations without shots being fired, loot in an area being shared or even bartered.

-The ones who never try to interact but only play the game to pvp...yes, they don't understand anything about what this game can be.