GriefSlicer (DayZ)

Do you believe people who shoot on sight are terrible at DayZ?

That's what makes the game interesting. Walking slowly so nobody will see and kill you, being afraid of being killed by other players for your gear. That is surviving in my opinion.

Of course I don't shoot on sight new spawns. I only shoot people after they shoot me. This game is not about getting loot and then shooting birds with your M4. You gotta use that weapon for something. You can trust nobody in this game.

Edited by ftwknx

I was stunned that I killed him. Taking so much risk... It was awesome! :)

Another fun filled tense interaction brought to you by KOS.....

• Like 1

Why does it seem that most of the DayZ community is so "anti-bandit" that they can't accept bandits as a necessary aspect in the game?

I'm sure many of you have seen the numerous threads and posts talking about how Bandits are "playing the game wrong" or are "bad at the game". I personally used to be the sort of person who absolutely hated the KOS mentality, but I never went as far to think that Bandits were playing wrong and were bad.

As of now, I do often kill people on sight, and I accept that in doing so I will be seen as a dick. But this is totally fine, it's fine to be a dick in the game, and it's not because you're bad at the game, or that you're "playing the game wrong".

The community as of now seems to think that the game is very black and white (in terms of morals), yet what you don't realize is that the game is extremely grey.

Anyway back to my question and confusion. Why do you (if you do) think that Bandits are "playing the game wrong" and are "bad at the game"?

• Like 4

Well in this community. Bandits are guys who hold you up and don't kill you on sight.

KoS/Murderers are those guys.

But I think it adds a huge aspect to the game. Without bandits there can be no heros. So people who say bandits play the game wrong are just upset over the fact that they are recently deceased from them. Banditing is fun, counter-banditing is fun.

Your skill level doesn't apply to what role you play. There are bandits that are extremely skillful as well as heros that absolutely suck.

Edited by DoctorRayRay
  • Like 2

I don't personally see anything wrong with being a bandit. And by the game's standards, there isn't anything wrong with it either. Because if it weren't intended, it wouldn't be in the fucking game. I've been a bandit for a long time in the mod and in SA both. Lately I've gone more the 'hero' role though. But i'll friendly up with both hero's and bandits both, in part because of what you say: the game is grey.

Still, have no problem with banditry at all. It is part of the game and it can really suck sometimes, so learn to play better and make better decisions. It's really that fucking simple. It doesn't matter how many people complain or scoff at the fact that bandits kill people, it won't change anything at all. Most complaining are probably butthurt that they got ganked. I've been killed plenty of times. It sucks, but so what? I'm not on here complaining it's because the bandit is "bad at the game". That's obviously just someone who wants to lash out about their loss. My advice would be to not pay any attention to it it all really. Let them whine it out like they need to.

• Like 2

The problem is many people who say bandits ruin the game obviously want this game in an easier mode. Or they just don't realise how stupid their suggestion is, the community around no banditry in dayz is a rather small one but damn is it loud and outspoken. I hope one day the people in these little "communities" learn what makes dayz and quits spamming STOP THE BANDITRY all across the message boards.

• Like 5

I've had 2 amazing experiences the past two days because of bandits.

Please keep beings bandits, I love killing you.

• Like 3

I've noticed it too and the game is not black an white. I sir am a gentleman bandit when I do hold-ups I never plan on killing the individual.and I only KOS if I get the gut feeling that the guy is up to no good.and when I have executed folks during robberies its usually cause they want to give me lip or are being mouthy(I mean really would u cuss a guy out who holds your life in his hand. yes if your tony Montana) if they have personality or are cool or a new player I usually help them out and give them good directions.so usually I start out being an evil prick and then I get a heart after I find out a little about the survivor i help or kill. so it is not black and white there are a lot of grey areas. and there's nothing worse then after shooting a guy in the leg you find out its his second or third life and he's having a rough go at it I can't help it but feel bad and usually heal them up and send them on there way with directions.i might play as a bad guy or bandit but I do have a heart so you goody 2 shoes keep that in mind.if your not a douche or some other mutant i'll let you live but if your the other then I'm going to get out the torture tools and have some fun.hahahahaaa..cough..cough.

problem is simple

is butthurt :|

bandit and KoS player don't care what guys thinking :huh:

same time guys looking on you are dead screen making rage bandit is already move on to hunt for next murder victim  :thumbsup: :ph34r:

of course sad no gear new spawn guy is full with rage and hate and he need to spend this negative energy some place so he running to forums doing rant of shame :huh:  >:(  :o  :blush:

but bandit he enjoy to read this shit is encourage him and motivate him TO CONTINUE GREAT JOB HE DOING :lol:

• Like 7

^ hahaha Now that is the BANDIT SPIRIT!! :) I am no longer a true bandit, but I agree with that! :) I like the enthusiasm!

• Like 1

I see five kinds of people: Bandits (rob,steal, ext) Heroes (frankie) Bambies, "Special operations" (Me, Im in between bandit and hero) and Savages (kosers)

So if you see a guy saying savages thataway, its me.

I guess i'm a bit like you then. I'll team with anyone so long as it involves an adventure. My general rule is, if I'm grouping with you, I expect you to have my back like I've got yours. Move as a unit and be tactical about your decisions when you can be.

I am not against Banditry, it is a natural part of this game and is what makes it what it is, if all we had to survive against was some lame zombies, it would become rather dull.

I just wish Bandits where more original in their approach or heck put in the effort to be actual Bandits and not just KOS and think, "Hey I'm a Bandit, it's what we do."

Why does it seem that most of the DayZ community is so "anti-bandit" that they can't accept bandits as a necessary aspect in the game?

I'm sure many of you have seen the numerous threads and posts talking about how Bandits are "playing the game wrong" or are "bad at the game". I personally used to be the sort of person who absolutely hated the KOS mentality, but I never went as far to think that Bandits were playing wrong and were bad.

As of now, I do often kill people on sight, and I accept that in doing so I will be seen as a dick. But this is totally fine, it's fine to be a dick in the game, and it's not because you're bad at the game, or that you're "playing the game wrong".

The community as of now seems to think that the game is very black and white (in terms of morals), yet what you don't realize is that the game is extremely grey.

Anyway back to my question and confusion. Why do you (if you do) think that Bandits are "playing the game wrong" and are "bad at the game"?

Apparently, common sense is not something you have so I will try to ease your pain.  

Most people don't mind being robbed or killed, it's the fucktards who sit on the coast and kill people who just spawned that people have an issue with.  

Apparently, common sense is not something you have so I will try to ease your pain.  

Most people don't mind being robbed or killed, it's the fucktards who sit on the coast and kill people who just spawned that people have an issue with.  

Apparently you don't have much common sense either. As you kind of missed my point.

Who cares if you get sniped on the coast? I don't take part in waiting for them to spawn, but I lay fucking waste to new spawns if we cross paths. I've been killed plenty of times as a fresh spawn and I can honestly say I don't care at all. There's nothing to motivate you after three hours of farming for gear, so you have to find amusement somehow.

For some, it's being a medic. For others, it's keeping medics employed.

• Like 2

Common sense was an uncommon trait.

I hate being KoSed. And I've never been held up by a bandit. Mostly just sniped or shot in the back. Only ever seen my killer face-to-face once. And I've never killed anyone else. That said, I think bandits are cool because it's good and fun to have that sense of fear but I have started to not enjoy the game because I'm tired of getting shot in the back. I'll probably limit my play until there's more stuff to do. And by that I mean more hats to find and wear.

• Like 2

Apparently you don't have much common sense either. As you kind of missed my point.

I didn't miss your point like you missed seeing the search bar.  Try using it and you will find that there have been thousands of threads on the same subject already.

Common sense was an uncommon trait.

I hate being KoSed. And I've never been held up by a bandit. Mostly just sniped or shot in the back. Only ever seen my killer face-to-face once. And I've never killed anyone else. That said, I think bandits are cool because it's good and fun to have that sense of fear but I have started to not enjoy the game because I'm tired of getting shot in the back. I'll probably limit my play until there's more stuff to do. And by that I mean more hats to find and wear.

Yeah same old same old. I was running around a load of zombies trying to get some food in store ran them out to field North of Cherno. Only 4 guys in server btw. I hear a shot you are unconcoius. Dammit!! minding my own business, never saw him cause he's camping on a roof with a scope. blah!!

problem is simple

is butthurt :|

bandit and KoS player don't care what guys thinking :huh:

same time guys looking on you are dead screen making rage bandit is already move on to hunt for next murder victim  :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

of course sad no gear new spawn guy is full with rage and hate and he need to spend this negative energy some place so he running to forums doing rant of shame :huh:  > :(  :o  :blush:

but bandit he enjoy to read this shit is encourage him and motivate him TO CONTINUE GREAT JOB HE DOING :lol:

You are so out of touch it isn't funny.  Bandits are those that will rob and strip you of everything all the will putting a bullet in your leg to make sure you have to crawl and get medical attention.  KoS'ers are those who are simple people that think that game has guns, game goes shoot, me win, where's my prestige????!!!!! fuck game, me go back to CoD

• Like 1

You are so out of touch it isn't funny.  Bandits are those that will rob and strip you of everything all the will putting a bullet in your leg to make sure you have to crawl and get medical attention.  KoS'ers are those who are simple people that think that game has guns, game goes shoot, me win, where's my prestige????!!!!! fuck game, me go back to CoD

I doing robbery of body everytime I doing murder IF HE HAVING SOMETHINGS I NEEDING OR WANTING :)

but I robbing the dead corpse player because

#1 dead corpse player don't DO COWARD combat log >:(

#2 dead corpse player don't kill :thumbsup:  ;)

is 100% legitimate playstyle and #1 strategy for survive

and is true I ENJOY PVP AND FEEL OF WIN

pvP make adrenalin happen and win is boost endorphin chemical for feeling good and increase testosterone production is fact and also I am same like all human I am motivate by reward :D

• Like 1

Bandits can be really fun, KoS that's my fault for being careless.

I'm not against them it's a unique element of the game something no other game I've played has.

I have no complains about bandits, bandits are normal, kill to survive.

I have a problem with those who try to kill as many players as they can before they die.They don't care about food, drinks, survival.They just go to balota, get a gun, go to cherno, shoot anything that moves, die, repeat.I have a problem with people like that, cause THAT is what playing the game wrong IS!

I gotta say, it's not always being careless getting KoS. Some people will camp on a roof for hours. Probably reading Harry Potter or trying to get their first erection, until a player comes on screen then they snipe them. There's not enough camo or cover to protect from someone who has the patience (read: no life) to camp that long. And I'm not talking airfields.