ruullor

Why should street lights work?

They're backed with tiny solar panels that haven't completely gone to shit.

The soda machine is magical.

</end thread>

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

I would think that power plants would go offline within hours of nobody tending to them, let alone they would go offline once they run out of fuel. I cant think of any (nuclear,solar,wind,hydro) that would run for more then a few days with nobody tending them. Or am I just being to anal about the whole zombie apocalypse thing?

Im pretty sure some places might have backup generators but depending on how many years has passed by in game allot of that shit should be dead unless some one knows how to fix things.

Komrades, soda machine is glorious result of Russian engineering. It is run on pure communism, mixed with Uranium-238.

It results in almost uninterrupted light for approximately four millenia, while only slightly contaminating the products in the vending machine (and by vending we mean gifts because trading is part of evil kapitalist system).

I would think that power plants would go offline within hours of nobody tending to them, let alone they would go offline once they run out of fuel. I cant think of any (nuclear,solar,wind,hydro) that would run for more then a few days with nobody tending them. Or am I just being to anal about the whole zombie apocalypse thing?

not everything just stops working because people quit messing with it. take the hoover dam for an example, it will possibly run and generate electricity for 10+ years before it fails with no human intervention.

If they bother you that much you can always shoot them out...

• Like 1

I was with a friend a couple of months ago and we held a guy up. It was dark. We took him to the end of this dirt road that had a crappy house and a street light. We made him stand in the street light and  told him not to move. Then we shot out the street light and told him he was going to die and then ran away.

He was pretty freaked out over direct.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Oh shit, you can shoot the soda machines and they go out? Seriously?

I was with a friend a couple of months ago and we held a guy up. It was dark. We took him to the end of this dirt road that had a crappy house and a street light. We made him stand in the street light and  told him not to move. Then we shot out the street light and told him he was going to die and then ran away.

He was pretty freaked out over direct.

Can you actually shoot em out? I was hoping to catch a few noobs taking pot shots at the lampposts, so I could laugh to myself!

Oh shit, you can shoot the soda machines and they go out? Seriously?

yeah man, knock yourself out...

^yep, you can. I shoot at the little thing just below the bulb and it usually knocks em out in 1 hit.

• Like 1

I understand what your saying and for realism's sake I agree. But there are many unrealistic things about DayZ.

Battles must be chose and street lights are essential for night play. I ran/designed a server during the mod days and I had street, house, and tower lights on and wow, night play was never as attractive. Still dark as shit, but within city limits it makes for amazing night play.

I for one want more lights in SA. I've recently gotten into night play and it is so dark (to combat gamma tweakers) now that SA needs them now more than ever.

Facts are that hardly anyone played nights in the mod and the reason is its too damn dark, even with full moon nights.

We need lights and we need them now. Street, house, tower, all of it. 

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Zombie hamsters running on wheels...I power my entire home with them.|

hamster.gif

Reminds me of that one room full of hamsters spinning the wheels that's powering the base on Codename: Kids Next Door.

• Like 1

At least make it so a player can shoot them out if they wish.  Ideally making it so you could fire up the electric plant again and all the lights come on in a city (even in buildings (hallways, rooms, etc..) wouldn't that scare the crap out of a few players looting in the dark?!!!!    Of course I'd hate to be the dude at the power plant....I'd think after about 5 minutes he'd have a world-of-hurt coming his way from other players looking to shoot him!!

O that's a great idea...So basically, make the radio tower operable and make the electric grid restartable but only after we fix the dam too.

I think it's cool the street lights are on. I think that if they want to make it even cooler: they should make the power stations be destructible like the gas station, and that would turn off the lights in a certain region correlating to that power station.

Then when base building is implemented, people could try to restore the power station with resources; in order to take control of sectors and/or entire cities. 

There is some endgame content that can be expanded upon.

Edited by Strongtent

Don't compare a backwater country with the USA. What's standard in the states isn't standard in the rest of the world.

I hope you is trollin´

Your streets are shit. Your infrastructure is shit. One cant drink your tapwater because the quality is so bad and they have to put chlorine/flour in it. Your energy Distribution system is shit. The way fracking is handled is shit.

The way houses are build and maintained is shit. Your educational system is shit. The way your waste management is handled is shit. Your gun laws are shit. The way how industrialized meat industry is handled is shit. Your health System is backwards and in the Hand of cooperations.

.id say the US is more backwater than most "civilized" nations.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I hope you is trollin´

Your streets are shit. Your infrastructure is shit. One cant drink your tapwater because the quality is so bad and they have to put chlorine/flour in it. Your energy Distribution system is shit. The way fracking is handled is shit.

The way houses are build and maintained is shit. The way your waste management is handled is shit. Your gun laws are shit. The way how industrialized meat industry is handled is shit. Your health System is backwards and in the Hand of cooperations.

.id say the US is more backwater than most "civilized" nations.

We are a young nation, our ancestors succumbed to greed. It wont be like this forever.

Just like any nation, we have our good and bad history. And just like any nation, we are not perfect.

Edited by Strongtent

We are a young nation, our ancestors succumbed to greed. It wont be like this forever.

Sooo, the people sitting in the senate, the congress and running the major coorporations, RIGHT NOW, arent greedy at all?

What kind of fairytale ponyland part of "America" are you from my friend? :D

Coz that is downright bullshit right there.

The "Land of the free" exists no longer lol, those days have passed away, we are now looking at "World Police" and "Surveillance Society 101" over there...

Back on topic:

Hmm, yes why are they on hehe.

I would love for them to be turned off and then have the electrical grid divided up into "sections", which groups/clans can maintain and keep running.

So some servers will have a completely black Electro, with tons of zombies and people dying, all over the place.

Other servers will have a lit up Electro, with far less zombies in it, and possible tradeposts/medical centers (everything player created ofc, no NPC)

I think they are on until the night time is fixed and we are given tools (flares, chemlights etc) to be able to play properly at night.

Those who remember Rocket put a stop to streetlights being used in a Mod update some time ago.

Pretty sure once the night is deemed done, the lights will go off.

yes like I said before I visit there to secure that it will work, but those bunnies cant be trusted.

The power plants are powered by all the violent deaths in electro and maintained by zombie workers.