Scott61

Being killed,with no explanation ?

Oh well,simple question....

gets answered with nothing but the Ghostly sniper theory.....or Noob basic theory's

Go ahead guys play this bugged out so called Alpha!

Considering DayZ has a capital Z at the end of the name..... they should maybe at least fix a few glitches with the Zombies at least

or rename it to DayBZ for BuggyZombies ROFL

I have died 1000's of times,I am not talking about that

I am ....or was since this topic is so far of topic now about the odd random time....when your all alone on a server

or in some FAR FAR FAR AWAY corner of the map not doing anything all that risky and black screen your dead comes up

It is true,I have experienced absolute no explanation death on this game

Anyway,I have invested far to much time into something not worth my time...let alone the money they charge for it!

I have played better FREE Beta's than DayZ that have far less bugs or glitches

so no big deal to me really I could truly care less as I am not some child who needs a daily fix of video games LMAO

Thread closed as far as I'm concerned,for those that actually had some constructive input thank you very much

Cheers

gets answered with nothing but the Ghostly sniper theory.....or Noob basic theory's

Considering DayZ has a capital Z at the end of the name..... they should maybe at least fix a few glitches with the Zombies at least

I am ....or was since this topic is so far of topic now about the odd random time....when your all alone on a server

or in some FAR FAR FAR AWAY corner of the map not doing anything all that risky and black screen your dead comes up

Anyway,I have invested far to much time into something not worth my time...let alone the money they charge for it!

so no big deal to me really I could truly care less as I am not some child who needs a daily fix of video games LMAO

Thread closed as far as I'm concerned,for those that actually had some constructive input thank you very much

Cheers

Then do us all a favor and stop playing. Go play a free beta and leave us alone.

Otherwise this is totally pointless to play,spawn...go loot....run around until you get bored.....loot some more...run around until you get bored....loot some more... then die!

I only play when the server is low,prefering to play the same server until death once finding a smooth running server.Even so much as I will log on and play in very early morning hours when that exact server is low on Population.I prefer low pop as I like to play alone,and do notlike the KoS style of playing.I am well over 200 hours now and have still not killed anyone although I have had plenty of chances.

Maybe play the game properly and stop being a wuss and it wont be so boring... I also believe you got sniped as I have about 250 hours played and witnessed no random deaths but I have witnessed my friends firing there weapons and being completely silent.

And why did you even buy the game in the first place?, doesn't sound like your cup of tea mate!

Edited by Ricky Spanish

Sounds to me like you are getting sniped from a good distance and don't even know it.

I disagree.

I am a long range sniper and very few times do they die from one shot. Usually takes two.

Looks like he's getting hive wiped. Most of my deaths are from this. Nobody on the server, with friends, your dead. Happens to my people as well. In a building, just us on a server, walk down stairs or across a field…your dead. Nobody is on the server to make the kill shot.

this forum is as big a waist of time as the actual game

trolls spam on this forum

So many things wrong with this game

the DEV as there called seem more interested in implemting new things rather than fixing things already bugged about the game

I am an Admin on other gaming sites

I also Develop Mods for other games/simulations and have been doing so for some time

I have invested over 200 hours in less than a month into DayZ is this game now seems pointless and boring to me

I am interested in DayZ as a DEVELOPER AND MODDER of other games

the game is so glitchy it is hardly worth investing any time into

Unless the actual DEV's start to actually do something about all the real glitches and bugs with the base game!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a full house in the popular game 'Spot the Whiny McWhine-Whine from Whiny Town'. 

• Like 1

I dont know how often I got killed by just the one guy on the server or had the luck of seeing him first, but it happens alot :)

• Like 1

Scott,

We have given our insights as to what happened, no need to shout about it...You said that you play cautiously and never run in open fields, yet in your first post you said you were in an open field. 1+1=2 isn't it? It sounds like your mad and have spent 50 hours a week, all month on dayz. That is a lot of game time in a short period. Maybe a breather from the game might help you relax?

There is no need to jump up and down. We are all here to discuss and help. You should have noticed by now that the dayz community is a crazy one, but we all have good intentions. We are all passionate about this game and that is what brings this community together.

Like I said in my first post, this is alpha things are not supposed to be smooth or bugs ironed out. We have a base foundation for a dare I call it a...game...but we are not supposed to be playing it rather test it. What you say...that is right testing is the goal at this stage not trying to gear up and survive for 100 dayz.

I re-read your first post...your were shot in the field got your leg broken and then got finished. At the military base, you were kos. Edge of the map...well unlucky Scotty. Please re-read some of these peoples posts carefully there is information to be had, from both sides. 

I suggest if you find some bugs, try and recreate it several times then go over to the bug reporting section in this forum and....report said bug...(UPDATE) - Guess what I was at a military airfield in the wee hours of this morning, 1 other person on and I actually died with black screen last night, no sudden warning. ... Bug?.... See I recreated that scenario for you so we can wipe  this bug off!

Things will grow as the game progresses, bugs will be squashed and before you know you will be thinking back about the bugs and how you miss them  :D

Edited by Nuggit
  • Like 1

Maybe off topic, though I have had random unexplained deaths myself, but last night I logged out to do some stuff, relogged and saw my character with the right gear, then suddenly I'm on the coast as a new spawn. No explanation, no 'you are dead', just back to square one.

Maybe off topic, though I have had random unexplained deaths myself, but last night I logged out to do some stuff, relogged and saw my character with the right gear, then suddenly I'm on the coast as a new spawn. No explanation, no 'you are dead', just back to square one.

You respawned on the coast after you saw that you had the same toon, gear and all? I haven't heard of that happening--doesn't mean it didn't, just saying I never heard about that.

I logged in one time and saw what was supposed to be my toon standing by the water on the coast. He was a fresh spawn... no quick-slots, etc. I'd read about that happening and knew what to do if it did. If that ever happens, do not tap Enter or move. Do nothing. Just hit Esc and go to a different server. Your old toon will reappear. If you move or go into 3rd person mode the game will Save and you're stuck as a bambi. I mentioned this on another thread but thought it was worth repeating.

Edited by tarascon

I disagree.

I am a long range sniper and very few times do they die from one shot. Usually takes two.

Looks like he's getting hive wiped. Most of my deaths are from this. Nobody on the server, with friends, your dead. Happens to my people as well. In a building, just us on a server, walk down stairs or across a field…your dead. Nobody is on the server to make the kill shot.

This is interesting to me,and sounds more like it

thanks for the input!

I know I mwentioned dying at a Military base,but again it was on a server by myself

and in an open field,again only one other person on server and I was in the very far corner of the map where there is no towns/villages or anything else for a sniper to consider hanging out to wait for someone to come along

Where I should be getting sniped by a sniper....or could get sniped I never usually do

90 % of my deaths were first week along shore trying not to starve

Thanks again,it makes sense a lot and really could not be considered a bug of the game IMHO

Nope, definitely a random glitch. Me and my friend logged onto a low pop server so we could meet up since we were across the map from each other, there was only 3 people on the server. I was at the NWAF, he was at Balota apartments. I log on, scope out the AF and see the ONLY other guy looting. I leave him be. My buddy goes into the brig at the balota apartments walks around a bit, then I hear over TS "Dude, I just died."

So it happens. Never to me though, but can confirm now that it's entirely random.

Thanks,seems the same kind of thing

just the odd strange death that is unexplanable highly unlikey with the odds

I have also had the exact same thing happened,no explanation,no you are dead screen and back to the beach for me

250 hours now,a lot has happened

I don't mind dying,I get all my gear back and armed usually in two sittings of around hour and a half each to maybe two 2 hour sittings at the game

so never a great loss,and it builds experience in getting started and is a great help in learning the map

I know the map good,no longer need the compass as much as before

I reconize towns now,city's all from a distance now as I approach

90 % of the time I am cautious enough,that in hot zones I have no trouble

most deaths are very explanable,climbing around on the castle and slip,slip on the ghost ship

slipped on rocks on mountains,been sniped,point blank shot,axe murdered,baseball batted etc.

It is just the odd strange death that occurrs that is....strange and is...uneXplanable IMHO

I just don't get it though really,now that I have 250 plus hours in it does seem a bit boring after everything has been done numerous times

every airfield raided numerous times,all the military bases succefully raided and on and on

starting over is exciting,as it is a race against starvation trying to find food,water and tools to open cans,a Pack to carry things etc.

Anyway,respect is not given on demand it has to be earned

for those that had a genuine opinion thank you very much and you have my respect

for the rest who just want to insult,be rude and start fights.... Go play in some other sandbox!

Majority of what I have read on these forums have shouted out sniper 99% of the time. Most players are in hot spot areas when it happens - Elektro apartments across from the fire station, running in open fields etc.

Maybe someone logged into Balota after you logged in/checked the player list? It is going to be hard to pinpoint, Alpha and all  :D  

This has happened to me personally on numerous times and if it was a glitch....well I am glad because every time it has happened I have been careless and taught me to become stealthier :P

Has anyone else had experiences with an empty server and instant death?

Yes, I've died for no reason before. Many times. Several times it's been unexplainable:

1. Running up the runway on NWAF, only person on the server. You are dead. I have my Player List key bound to Mouse 4 and I spam it like I have OCD. Immediately after I died I was still the only person on the server. Rage ensued.

2. Sitting in one of the highrise apartments on the first level tucked in a bathroom eating. You are dead. Same as before.

3. Walking in an apartment. You are dead. Alone again.

I think it's just desync, though. I don't know if it's possible, but I think that when you sync back up and are on a different elevation than you were before you lost sync, you get effectively splatted into the ground. I don't know how that'd explain #2, but maybe I lost sync and fell to the ground even though I wasn't moving and was on the bottom floor.

EDITBecause edit.

Edited by Grimey Rick

This happened to someone I was playing with. He has terrible desync and often when he runs every time he changes direction little ghosts continue straight (like the halo hologram). He ran up a hill, desynced, "you are dead".

Middle of the forest, no possible way he was sniped, just dropped dead. In his case it was almost certainly elevation and desync related, so yes, it happens.

I believe you're dying from the lack of waiting. It's a common cause of rage and deaths these days. Oh, and walking around military bases. That's a good way to die quickly.

I shoot people all the time when they are in the logging out motions, most do it in the middle of the city like morons but I've shot people in areas that were quite hidden seemingly. So you probably were killed by someone like me.

you can thank the devs for that dumb decision.

Edited by ASDF991

250 hours now,a lot has happened

now that I have 250 plus hours in it does seem a bit boring after everything has been done numerous times

On the 1st of March you said you had '200 hours' of game-play. On the 2nd of March you say you have '250 hours plus'.

Maybe part of the reason it's 'a bit boring' is that you're playing a little too obsessively?

And you live in a land of 40-50 hour days.

• Like 1

I stand corrected,just looked..... 203 hours

So I exagerated so what...

Really useful post there....

Yes, I've died for no reason before. Many times. Several times it's been unexplainable:

1. Running up the runway on NWAF, only person on the server. You are dead. I have my Player List key bound to Mouse 4 and I spam it like I have OCD. Immediately after I died I was still the only person on the server. Rage ensued.

2. Sitting in one of the highrise apartments on the first level tucked in a bathroom eating. You are dead. Same as before.

3. Walking in an apartment. You are dead. Alone again.

I think it's just desync, though. I don't know if it's possible, but I think that when you sync back up and are on a different elevation than you were before you lost sync, you get effectively splatted into the ground. I don't know how that'd explain #2, but maybe I lost sync and fell to the ground even though I wasn't moving and was on the bottom floor.

EDITBecause edit.

This happened to someone I was playing with. He has terrible desync and often when he runs every time he changes direction little ghosts continue straight (like the halo hologram). He ran up a hill, desynced, "you are dead".

Middle of the forest, no possible way he was sniped, just dropped dead. In his case it was almost certainly elevation and desync related, so yes, it happens.

This also sounds like may have been happening to me as I tend to run like hell through the countryside to cover ground going places

rather than just jog around slowly town to town.They introduce heart attacks,I won't be able to run like that but for now it helps to get to know the map

Desync,with elevation change as you mention could very well be my biggest problem

Thanks for the input,greatly appreciated!

Great! Now you can go back to whining on your WoW forum about how an invisible Orc keeps killing your level 89 goblin priestess.

Sorry you just annoy me to no end. It does remind me of the time I mysteriously died in the Elektro firehouse tower... There were only 35 people on the server. Unlikely someone would happen to be up there. It was a hacker!

+60% percent of my deaths have been just sniped from far away and haven't even noticed the shooter.. ;__;

• Like 1

Ah yes,two more very useful posts/spam

go cry somewhere else

Ah yes,two more very useful posts/spam

go cry somewhere else

That's what we are saying. Stop spamming the forum with your tears.

UnfathomableSadness.gif

• Like 2

Cheers

??? wow still crying over a game that you have played free games that were better sorry but your KINDA FULL OF IT...

Destnc plus elevation change may break your legs or may kill you but it wont break your legs and then kill you in an open field wow pure brilliance...

Edited by SoulFirez

LOL Hauser,try reading more than the SPAM ROFL!

He needs to get some air people... He's now rolling on the floor and laughing about this terrible situation. After 203 hours of gaming in a month it's the opinion of this gamer that OP needs to take a walk and relax with no DayZ for 3 hours. It'll do his mind and heart some good.