Scott61

Being killed,with no explanation ?

Lately I have died several times with no explanation or clue as to what happened to me,

it is becomeing a pain as it is always after several hours of game play and oafter I have accumulated what I like to carry.

This last time just now I was running along over an open field and my character seemed to fall down into the prone position,

and he grunted.I then could not stand or crouch without him grunting and laying back down.I proceeded to crawl then,but did not get very far as I just up and died ?

Another time ,my last character was on a military base and I walked around a corner and that was it the screen went blank and I was dead.I have died several times like this,no gunshot sound,no warning of any kind

just all of a sudden "you are dead|"

Makes it almost not even worth while trying to accumulate anything,as I seem to have to always start over from scratch after several hours of time with a character.Becomeing such a frustration it makes me pretty much not wanting to try any more with the game.

Each character that dies on me is always long after I have secured weapons,scopes,clips and plenty of food.

Then..... you are dead happens ?

it is driving me nuts now,to the point the game does not seem worth investing any time into it

anyone else with this happening ?

Sounds to me like you are getting sniped from a good distance and don't even know it.

• Like 4

Sounds are bugged as of the current build (You don't hear sounds on certain angles). That, and you may have gotten sniped by a guy far away, perhaps on a cliff.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 1

Hey Scott ^^^ above 3 posts seems spot on.

You mentioned you were running in an open field...this is an open invite to get sniped, especially if you appear armed and may be perceived as hostile.

It sounds tempting to make a dash and save yourself a bit of time by cutting through a field, but next time try heading into and around the trees and make the long way around. It will take you "longer" but in hindsight it is much quicker than finding yourself back on the coast.

If you let your guard down in this game, it will penalize you sooner rather than later!

Keep at it Scott, it can be very disheartening at the start when your still finding your way. Things will get better with more experience as you learn from your mistakes :)

Good luck on your future adventures and don't give up

• Like 5

Nope, definitely a random glitch. Me and my friend logged onto a low pop server so we could meet up since we were across the map from each other, there was only 3 people on the server. I was at the NWAF, he was at Balota apartments. I log on, scope out the AF and see the ONLY other guy looting. I leave him be. My buddy goes into the brig at the balota apartments walks around a bit, then I hear over TS "Dude, I just died."

So it happens. Never to me though, but can confirm now that it's entirely random.

Nope, definitely a random glitch. Me and my friend logged onto a low pop server so we could meet up since we were across the map from each other, there was only 3 people on the server. I was at the NWAF, he was at Balota apartments. I log on, scope out the AF and see the ONLY other guy looting. I leave him be. My buddy goes into the brig at the balota apartments walks around a bit, then I hear over TS "Dude, I just died."

So it happens. Never to me though, but can confirm now that it's entirely random.

Majority of what I have read on these forums have shouted out sniper 99% of the time. Most players are in hot spot areas when it happens - Elektro apartments across from the fire station, running in open fields etc.

Maybe someone logged into Balota after you logged in/checked the player list? It is going to be hard to pinpoint, Alpha and all  :D  

This has happened to me personally on numerous times and if it was a glitch....well I am glad because every time it has happened I have been careless and taught me to become stealthier :P

Has anyone else had experiences with an empty server and instant death?

Ok,thanks for advice guys

I dont run over open fields in or around what could be percieved as hot spots

last death occurred in open field in very far corner of the map right near the maps border edge on a low Pop server with only two people

I have also had it happen with only myself on the server,I play extremely cautious.My last character,I had looted all three airfields,both military bases and made one total journey all the way around the map including the ghost ship.

Total of many many hours of playing that character,then on the very outer edge of the map with only one other person on that server with me,"black screen and "you are dead"

I say again,I am extremely cautious when playing,I have looted airfields,and military bases numerous times without problem and this happens in such out of the way places mostly that it seems to be a glitch in the game in my opinionSeems pointless to spend so much time on a character,to succesfully gather everything you need.Then continue to loot and replace all worn and damage items with nothing but Pristine items just to end up dead all the time in very unexplained ways!

I have lost characters with 100% Pristine clothes and items,compass ,three maps .45 and clip with .357 and sawed off shotgun

M4 with two scopes and plenty of good supplies like dry milk and cereal...all to end up with an unexplained death way up in the far corner of the map on a low pop server.

I only play when the server is low,prefering to play the same server until death once finding a smooth running server.Even so much as I will log on and play in very early morning hours when that exact server is low on Population.I prefer low pop as I like to play alone,and do notlike the KoS style of playing.I am well over 200 hours now and have still not killed anyone although I have had plenty of chances.

My last character ,along the shoreline I gave directions to a couple of new spawns where backpacks and other items were that I had found,shared water,pop and food with them.All to eventually end up dead in a very far remote location where I know forafact nobody in the right mind would sit there for enturnity trying to hope that someone would come along to snipe.

Maybe the once at the military base I died I was sniped....but again slim chance when only two or three people were on the server

No,this is a glitch in the game I have experience quite a bit in well over two hundred hours of playing

I am becoming extremely disatisfied with this game myself,and calling it an Alpha etc. all the time is just an excuse IMHO

Possibly a marksman. The bullet will travel faster than sound so it will hit and kill your avatar before you'd hear the gunshot (although sounds are a wee bit glitched at the moment). I was up in the fire station on the NWAF when I was sniped. I was convinced for a while it was a bug because I'd just picked up and put on a Grey Tactical shirt, literally as it went on to my avatar the screen went black.

Edited by rapier17
  • Like 2

You don't hear the gunshot if the guy is far away. The bullet reaches you before sound does.

E: exactly :D

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 2

800m+ shoot with mosin into head no gunshot welcome to dayz
Bug and suddenly you are dead welcome to dayz
etc..

Ps: Dont become addicted to your gears.. It's better to play like that. 

• Like 1

I'm not addicted to my gear and when spawning fresh it only takes a couple hours of playing to have it all back

Seems most are not reading what I post

That last unexplained death was in an area that would be insane for anyone else to be

along the maps edge,nowhere near anything

The sniper scenario is getting to be as lame as everyone saying Oh this game is Alpha etc.

I have not been sniped that many times

I also have died by gunfire,slipping and falling etc.

what I am talking about is totally unexplained death!

I feel they need to correct the game ,so if in fact you are sniped then you should at least hear the sound even if it is after your dead...

so you at least know what happened after all this is only a game.I also feel they need to address this issue and should go further with typed text exactly stating the exact death that occurred.

Otherwise this is totally pointless to play,spawn...go loot....run around until you get bored.....loot some more...run around until you get bored....loot some more... then die!

Oh boy,such fun...especially when you do not even know why or how you were killed LOL

like other guys saying for sure you get sniped  ;)

Never run around in open space like field :o

in military camp when you move between tent/building etc try to use cover also move quick zig zag style this make sniper job too much hard :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

point is play intelligent way and don't make life easy for murder bastards like me, we enjoy more challenge of kill clever players :ph34r:

easy kill = no reward feels :|

• Like 1

Hey KoS .... READ BEFORE YOU POST

This is pointless,everyone just assumes I run around through dangerous zones in open fields

That I am some mindless SOB who does not know to zig zag,or to use cover.... etc. etc.

READ BEFORE YOU POST

I was NOT sniped during last death!

Only an idiot like myself would be in that location where I was.... in the very far corner of the map

considering only one other player was on that server at that time...pretty damn unusual that he would be in the exact same place ROFL

This unexplained death has also accorurred WITH NO OTHER PLAYERS online on that server

How do I get sniped when I am the only person on the server!

Please,lets all get over the "playing like a noob" and the :sniper: theory's!

See all you sniper/noob theory guys....

I am not the only one who thinks this is a glitch!

Please,keep out of the thread unless you have something constructive to post

I'm tired of the sniper /noob posts as OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT FUCKING READING ANYTHING!

It is a known issue that people are randomly dying.  Use the search function and I'm sure you will find plenty of posts about it.  However, your description of the scenarios in the OP would lead people to believe you were sniped, so don't get angry when that is what people say they think happened.  Try being more descriptive in your OP if you want to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

Dare i say it could be nice if the "you are dead" screen included basic infos on how you died:

"You died from a loss of blood"

"You fell to your death"

"You starved to death"

"You died of thirst"

It might not be of much use for the veteran player, but it could still be used by beginners to learn from their mistakes. Also let you know why you just died for "no apparent reason".

Wasn't there a quote from some movie that if a bullet hit the base of your spine you're dead before your nervous system can report that you've been hit or something?

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 3

Unforutnately,I am starting to feel this forum is as big a waist of time as the actual game

More trolls spam on this forum than my Granny has patches on her quilt

So many things wrong with this game,yet the DEV as there called seem more interested in implemting new things rather than fixing things already bugged about the game

I am an Admin on other gaming sites,I also Develop Mods for other games/simulations and have been doing so for some time

I have invested over 200 hours in less than a month into DayZ is this game now seems pointless and boring to me

No wonder it has become a KoS/PvP game now

That is about the only thrill left for most that play it!

I might as well join the masses and just hang out along the shoreline killing noobs and fresh spawners looking for food and water

becoming a KoS kinda of guy although in over 200 hours I have yet to kill anyone for any reason

I am interested in DayZ as a DEVELOPER AND MODDER of other games

but the fun factor in DayZ is very low,and the game is so glitchy it is hardly worth investing any time into

Unless the actual DEV's start to actually do something about all the real glitches and bugs with the base game!

Dare i say it could be nice if the "you are dead" screen included basic infos on how you died:

"You died from a loss of blood"

"You fell to your death"

"You starved to death"

"You died of thirst"

I totally agree,and mentioned this in a previous post

after all this is a game,ratherpointless to keep getting killed and you don't know why or how it happened

Thanks for posting with something constuctive

Unforutnately,I am starting to feel this forum is as big a waist of time as the actual game

So many things wrong with this game,yet the DEV as there called seem more interested in implemting new things rather than fixing things already bugged about the game

I am an Admin on other gaming sites,I also Develop Mods for other games/simulations and have been doing so for some time

I have invested over 200 hours in less than a month into DayZ is this game now seems pointless and boring to me

I might as well join the masses and just hang out along the shoreline killing noobs and fresh spawners looking for food and water

becoming a KoS kinda of guy although in over 200 hours I have yet to kill anyone for any reason

but the fun factor in DayZ is very low,and the game is so glitchy it is hardly worth investing any time into

Unless the actual DEV's start to actually do something about all the real glitches and bugs with the base game!

Have you never read the fucking disclaimer that pops up each time you log in?  The game is in the early phase of alpha and constantly undergoing changes.  Obviously, you have no clue how game development actually works or else you wouldn't be throwing a cry baby tantrum like you are now.  There are people working on the current bugs while other people are working on new stuff.  It is not like they aren't worrying about fixing bugs and just pumping out new shit. If you think the game and forums is such a huge waste of time, leave and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

• Like 1

There are or have been what they call instant step there and die bugs but due to the info in the OP it doesnt sound like that was it .. Instant step there die bug is just that not fall down broken legs then die ( hey that might be a new one)  but it sounds more like a sniper at range took a leg shot then finished the job ( sounds are bugged likely you never heard it ..

The second death was in A MAJOR HOT SPOT  where snipers love to camp .

Conclusion as i stated first time 80% sure sniper in both cases that leaves 20 % chance of bug but not enough info to state which and if bug what do you do ( they already know of the instant step on die bug but again first one wasnt that ) and second death i am 99% sure it be sniper you just ran around the corner at the mil base( hey might not been sniper might have been m4 close range head shot its the bloody mil base.

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

I think it was a combination of things which happened. The random death on a server with pop 0/40 is frustrating and I can understand your puzzlement. That's never happened to me but I've died plenty since I started playing and assume that it was Glitch death, I got shot (it's true that few will ever hear the bullet which kills them), etc. A voodoo curse, I dunno. I've been on server with zero population and died so I assume it was a Ghost (someone just logged on) and I was unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I've been on servers with one other person... more than once... and I was in an isolated area and sure enough I run into the person. Both cases were friendly encounters. Even if I run on a server with one other online, I play as if I'm on a full server--it's a good habit to form early.

Btw, you know about snap!, right? Not trying to insult you, just asking to be clear on this. That means the shots are at you...

I like what Lady Kyrah posted about the You are dead screen giving us the nfo about why you died.

Now, before you get angry ( :)), know that I've read every word on this thread. I don't think people are intending to Troll you. It seems like they're just trying to answer your question.

PS ^ To the last. Except maybe OR3GONIZ3D. But that seems to be the way he is and he seems pretty open about it. Ya gotta admire his persistence. But he does make some valid points, here and there, from what I've read. LOL

Edited by tarascon
  • Like 1

You cry so much. Maybe you should play another game that doesn't hurt your delicate sensibilities. The alpha state of this game is obviously too much for you. You can't even take a little ribbing from forum posters. No wonder you boo hoo when you get sniped at the airfield.

And another thing... Yes I'm sure it's likely you died from a glitch but nothing you posted gives any constructive feedback for players or devs to pinpoint the issue. Shit happens. Not worth the bits of data from your post.

Edited by Crooked Hauser
  • Like 2