tamingatche91

Do you leave your morality at the door?

thats like a experiment.

they put you and a criminal with death penalty in one room and say: "nobody is watching. this guy will die tomorrow. YOU can do WHATEVER YOU want with him"

Many many people will start to beat this criminal to death. just because they can.

i think dayz is a very good experiment which leads in that direction. and the results scare me.

I like killing people in a game where PvP is one of the biggest factors, I must be a douche-bag in real life~ 

we are not talking about shooting someone. we talk about raping dead bodies or forcefeed people etc etc etc.

It is a game indeed. You have a firm grasp on the obvious. It does say something about you that you find enjoyment in intentionally aggravating other people. Jerks like you do add some interesting elements to the game though. It adds to the realism because I deal with ass hats like you everyday in real life and they would exist in the apocalypse. As a long as everyone isn't a douche-bag like you, it's fine. Just because there is room for you in the game doesn't change what you are, a selfish wannabe bad ass.

it is easy to kill in games and life if you choose.

Bad ass is finding other answers and methods.

Without tool bags like this guy this game would be far less realistic for what it is.

I want people like him here.

I want others to put him in his place both in forums and in game finding him and handcuffing him and breaking his leg and leaving him.

Without it its just a hippy hiking game. It isn't real life sure but even irl there are always people like this. I work with a whole room of nerdy shit talking fuckers who act just like this until someone like me stand in their face and says do it and see what happens. It would really be a boring world without extremes so that those of us in the middle have a definition of that middle.

thats like a experiment.

they put you and a criminal with death penalty in one room and say: "nobody is watching. this guy will die tomorrow. YOU can do WHATEVER YOU want with him"

Many many people will start to beat this criminal to death. just because they can.

i think dayz is a very good experiment which leads in that direction. and the results scare me.

expect the people we are killing in dayz are not real, so of course people dont care if they kill them. the criminal on the other hand would be another living person(altho a scum bag) so I dont see how these could relate.

• Like 2

Mad World bro, Mad World...
I dealt with the most fucked up shit in the game when it comes to bandits sounding like Mickey Mouse (literally, I ain't making fun at squeekers), and foreign people that don't understand english and still wants to kill you. But the first thing I did, is that I got the hell out of there dude! Ran like hell, not only for my survival but theirs man. I don't want to kill anybody, I just wanna survive and chill with chill people. But if that guy has a gun (even if his aim sucks dick), and you don't? Fucking run, bro!

I used to try and be nice.

It was a combination of purely sadistic KOS'rs, Bambis with nothing to loose not talking and just attacking at the shore, backstabbers who were nice then turned on us.

My morality is completely checked at the door and the survival has driven me insane to toy with both bambis and geared people alike anywhere on the map.

Whether it be straight up shooting for no reason or making an unarmed bambi do weird stuff to satisfy my need for entertainment during the apocalypse.

My in gamer persona is very Chaotic neutral and hard to predict if he'll let somebody walk or die (mostly)

you people are mindfucking this game way too far. why must you read so much into it?

ITS. JUST. A. GAME.

You took the time to read into it and post your desires and opinions. I don't see anything other than that happening in replies currently.

This game is a mind fuck. It is sort of the point of it all. You get a rise of fear, joy, hate etc... that you might not with a run of the mill FPS game or a RPG.

It is just a game that is meant to be experimented with. Enjoy that people care enough to reply. You being your way and they theirs is keeping this game going.

• Like 1

you people are mindfucking this game way too far. why must you read so much into it?

ITS. JUST. A. GAME.

It's a game that can offer a very different experience from regular shoot'em up games. There is certainly room for violence in this game but if you just want to serverhop to gear up and kill other people (as you've previously said) you really don't understand what this game can offer. Go play COD.

• Like 1

@execpro22

okey, i think you have a point there !

SORRY if i got personally. didnt mean to insult you SORRY.

But thats the way i feel. Most people start to act weird in the game.

IRL they cannot stand to watch a butcher killing a pig but in Dayz they do much more discusting things just because its "just digital".

i dont think that is right. I promise you that they are players out there that always wished that they could do IRL what they are doing in Dayz right now.

i am not talking about saving your live because a gun points at you.

No apology neccessary, you have your opinion and I have mine. Simple as that.

Of course there always gonna be one or two sickos that want to torture people in real life. That is with any game and is definately not the norm.

In real life I'm probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet, but that has NO bearing on how I choose to play a game.

I think its really short sighted to judge people based on a playstyle in game that really in my opinion has no moral code or set of rules to begin with.

The only people who will have a problem with KOS playstyles are the ones who are not good enough or smart enough to stay out of SIGHT.

• Like 2

It's a game. I treat it like a game.

If you can't separate the game and real life you should probably not play it, I don't think that's healthy.

• Like 2

thats like a experiment.

I think it says a lot about you that you actually believe "many people" would do this.

Anything you see people doing in games like this they WOULD do in real life.

The only thing stopping them is their fear of punishment.

Are you for real? Please don't empty your jbladder on these forums. This must be the most uneducated, fictional, ludicrous comment I've seen around here. 

Please refrain from bashing your forehead onto your keyboard when joining discussions. 1) You'll get headache. 2) Your input is.. well.. crap :)

• Like 1

I can't even play a Fallout 3 playthrough with bad karma because I just feel like an asshole.  When I play DayZ it's the same thing.  I do not shoot unless I feel I am threatened, and I do not KoS.  I defend myself when needed and I'm not a carebear.  I get my fix of killing in games like Battlefield and Blacklight and the likes so I see no reason to sate my murder boners in DayZ like some people do.

• Like 4

I can't even play a Fallout 3 playthrough with bad karma because I just feel like an asshole.  When I play DayZ it's the same thing.  I do not shoot unless I feel I am threatened, and I do not KoS.  I defend myself when needed and I'm not a carebear.  I get my fix of killing in games like Battlefield and Blacklight and the likes so I see no reason to sate my murder boners in DayZ like some people do.

Yeah, pretty much. When I say I am against KOS, that doesn't mean I haven't willfully killed in Day Z before. It just means I don't run about with my assault-rifle-shaped erection blazing everywhere I go : P

• Like 2

I don't mind bandits at all, in fact I think their presence, so long as it is counter weighted by guys like me, adds a much needed quality of realism to the game. 

• Like 5

Are you for real? Please don't empty your jbladder on these forums. This must be the most uneducated, fictional, ludicrous comment I've seen around here. 

Please refrain from bashing your forehead onto your keyboard when joining discussions. 1) You'll get headache. 2) Your input is.. well.. crap :)

Rather than being insulting you could have brought an opposable view to the discussion not just a childish NO YOU...

Counter argue me don't just be insulting. I welcome your views.

Almost all the people you can find in the area I grew up in in my part of the USA are like this.

and yes they are undereducated which is probably why I left and they act like that.

If my input is crap yours is poison. Mine at least contained content.

The KOS guy that started this thread is a great person to have in a game like this.

You are the tyrant that would try to make us all believe like you do in real life if this game was actually our existence.

Have some views or opinions. Anyone with no education can insult someone.

• Like 1

Does anyone feel bad for killing people or do you just enjoy KoSing.

-----> I'm real new to DayZ SA... about 12 days... (I keep repeating myself. lol)

I haven't killed anyone yet. I will if I'm threatened but would rather be friendly if possible. The zombie apocalypse is a harsh environment, so surviving is Number One. That's understood. I dislike that some folks have nothing to do but stalk and kill bambis, but I understand there's not much to do at this point in the game once you're geared up. The first day I played I was stalked near the coast and summarily shot without a word. It didn't help that I had bad lag and couldn't react. I didn't mind because in a way it taught me a valuable lesson. I know who did it but have no plans to find him at some point and exact revenge--a slippery slope, that sort of thinking. The hunting and killing of fresh spawns will probably change once things like more zombies and the ability to create palisades, etc, becomes an option. I am disturbed by the torture games that happen and hope that behavior doesn't leak into RL for some of the more mentally unstable players. I've seen Frankie handcuff folks and force feed them but he did it in a very funny way and didn't execute people afterwards. I prefer to keep my sense of morality and feel there's a definite emotional and/or karmic consequence with that sort of in-game sociopathic behavior. I'm sure some folks reading this post will laugh at what I just said but there you go... Sorta proves my point. :P

Being a bandit is not a bad thing per se. For example, I watched a YouTube clip where these guys had a room in Electro stashed full of food and extra backpacks. I imagine they must have a sizable clan and guard that room in shifts. I know there's a big difference bewteen running a bandit toon and running a serial killer. This is a great game and I've seen some clever and creative responses as to how to approach it. That's the real potential that DayZ offers.

PS What Odysseus said up there is absolutely spot on. Bandit presence adds a real sense of anxiety to the game. A Hero can't be a Hero without them.

Edited by tarascon
  • Like 1

I actually play this game heavily friendly. I wont shoot on sight. I am a pretty nice guy to boot. However, I do shoot anyone that approaches me calling out 'friendly'. These people that say they are 'friendly' and approach are, in 95% of the cases, bandits that just want to hit me in the head, take my gun, and shoot me. Remember that. Anyone that approaches you when they clearly know you are there is a bandit. In any variation of 'getting near you', if they know youa re there, they are a bandit. Every time. Remember that.

The only true friendlies in DayZ are the ones that, whent hey know you are there, attempt to go around or avoid you. Especially if htey have a gun. This means they dont want trouble and that's the only time someone could be friendly.

All these silly labels people throw at each other are self-righteous egotistical justifications for how they play.
Frankly, more people should learn to leave their bravado at the door.

My goal is to survive:

Sometimes that means hiding.
Sometimes that means playing nice.
More often than not, it means cold blooded murder.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 2

All these silly labels people throw at each other are self-righteous egotistical justifications for how they play.

Frankly, more people should learn to leave their bravado at the door.

My goal is to survive:

Sometimes that means hiding.

Sometimes that means playing nice.

More often than not, it means cold blooded murder.

For some reason, I picture you murdering at least half a dozen husbands before your reign of terror comes to an end. ;0

• Like 1

For some reason, I picture you murdering at least half a dozen husbands before your reign of terror comes to an end. ;0

There is an art to that! The best part about murdering husbands, in particular, is the sewing of mixed messages. The confusion.

Like the time I held a guy at gunpoint and made him eat beans and then squeal like a piggy for me. He didn't know what to think. When he asked "Does this mean I can go?" I replied with  "No. It means DIE PIGGY!" -blat blat-

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 3