rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

VEHICLES please, I did not want to wait 3 years for vehicles or even tents. please make it worth me playing asap.

• Like 5

we all know its and alpha, if u are one of those stereotrypical ppl that cant find out that in all reality, rocket is taking 3 years to put in core elements in a 80% incomplete game. its kind of embarrassing to be waiting that long. even more so If u have been playing this engine based game since flashpoint, its ashame to see someone like rocket take lead and pre announce his departure to a highly anticipated game with no intentions on living up to it, it seems like he will never put vehicles in cause he works too slow. after this "year" goes by, this game will improve finally but a bit too late. after all he "clearly" stated its an "alpha work in progress." aka take your money as an investment. so he basicly banked on us to lend it away in a year to get all initial sales. gg rocket, pass it over to bohemia please. "I intend this on freedom of speech" I will LULZ if I get banned my own opinion. in all reality.

• Like 4

To you, I say... ugh.  Yes, he took your money by saying publicly that people probably shouldn't buy it... what a clever trick to get all those initial sales.

Edited by entspeak

Anyone been playing on the experimental servers tonight? I am only seeing 4 of them atm. They are the DayZ DE servers (0-1, 0-2, 0-3, and 0-4). Tried messing with the server browser filter, no luck. I did hear the number of experimental servers was being reduced over the weekend, but only seeing 4 of them online atm seems a little too low.. lol.

Source:

The last one got me.. char reset? Guess i'll find out when I get ingame.

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1

I got reset three times over the weekend so far.. :-)

Good thing I really enjoy starting fresh.

• Like 1

rocket is taking 3 years to put in core elements in a 80% incomplete game

where did you get these numbers/info from? source/link would be nice

Showing us a clear structured"Road Map" is really needed me thinks  :) . As it seems a lot of stuff ( new items, animations, map improvments,zombies etc) will be developed and improved until the end

of the alpha or even beta, having no concrete time frame. But game mechanics like camping, cooking, hunting, deseases and wound system, vehicles, persistent items, basebuilding etc will have ( or

should have) a clear road map I guess and it would be nice to know what to expect when and also would stop a lot of useless whining on the forums.

PS: talking about this nagging for vehicles which I see all the time...I for example don't care about vehicles and tons of new weapons but really would love to see the promised desease/infectiion/wounds

(medic) system and other survival aspects ( hypothermia for example)  being implemented as soon as possible ...also as I said before ( again and again) . I can not see any sense in implementing

performance killing stuff like vehicles and basebuilding etc as long as we do not have proper numbers of functioning zeds roaming the map...

but that's just me  :)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 2

It's mostly just Arma 3 content and a few custom weapons though. If you can't see the potential of the core changes that have already been made to DayZ (client/server architecture, physics, item degradation, etc.) as well as that of those which are planned then I don't really know what to tell you... Believe what you want, I guess...

couldnt the same be said of Dayz?

tweaked mod with no core features.keep the faith.

couldnt the same be said of Dayz?

tweaked mod with no core features.keep the faith.

No, not really. With DayZ the devs have direct access to the engine. They can change whatever they want or need to. Breaking Point is obviously stuck within the boundaries of being a mod.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good mod. I played it with a friend a few times and we thoroughly enjoyed it, but it is just that - a mod, and mods have limitations.

• Like 1

No, not really. With DayZ the devs have direct access to the engine. They can change whatever they want or need to. Breaking Point is obviously stuck within the boundaries of being a mod.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good mod. I played it with a friend a few times and we thoroughly enjoyed it, but it is just that - a mod, and mods have limitations.

Funny coz the game as of now has less features than the mod and since there dont seem to be big updates and barely anything has been added since release i dare say the free mod is going to still be better than this game half year later

• Like 3

It's blatantly clear that most of the people posting on this thread have no idea what it means to plan an early access game. DayZ has had more updates and additions than any other early access game I play. Project Zomboid, Kerbal Space Program. etc.

DayZ also has a much clearer roadmap than most early access games. The problem with DayZ is the fact that the developers communicate with the community making them feel like they all have a voice. And when you make people feel like that, they come on here and say stupid shit like "need vehicle now" and "where u AS50 at bruh"

The game is coming along nicely. I haven't played in a while as I am personally waiting for persistent storage and hunting. I know it could be months before those features are on the stable build, but I know there are hundreds of hours of DayZ in my future.

Also, if you have recently come into this thread and asked "When is the next update coming". Do a little research next time. I won't be answering questions for people that are to lazy to search for two minutes themselves.

Edited by Dr. Goner
  • Like 9

The DayZ development team is still so small, I counted +- 20 people working on the game.

Here is the video of Rocket's workforce. (Tour of their new office)

• Like 2

Funny coz the game as of now has less features than the mod and since there dont seem to be big updates and barely anything has been added since release i dare say the free mod is going to still be better than this game half year later

This mod is fucking ugly. The aminations, the zombies and the inventory are just retarded...

• Like 3

I got reset three times over the weekend so far.. :-)

Good thing I really enjoy starting fresh.

Reported for griefing. How dare you be ok with starting fresh. HOW DARE YOU!

• Like 1

The standalone is losing people's interest.

Just proof that most people did NOT read the fucking warning label before clicking "Buy now". There's absolutely no legitimacy to judge the quality of a game by how many people are playing it. Alpha it will remain for close to another year, so go play BP or bite your lip and find/report bugs instead.

The DayZ development team is still so small, I counted +- 20 people working on the game.

That is purely intentional. Putting too many people on a project usually hinders its ability to progress smoothly. Communication and ability to work together (not to mention avoiding adding dozens of people to the team that have no prerequisite knowledge of the team or project) is key to making any project work. Even fucking EA with its hundreds of devs failed to get SimCity working properly - even a year after its release.

Edited by Sinnaman

Just proof that most people did NOT read the fucking warning label before clicking "Buy now". Now go play BP or something.

To be honest, he is right, people are loosing interest in standalone whether you like it or not. The fact that you go on about the "Warning label", lets be honest we didn't think it would be this shit did we? So just go sit yourself down in the corner and let people have their opinion without little trolls like yourself getting all keyboard warrior...

1639321-keyboard_warrior.jpg

• Like 2

Here is the video of Rocket's workforce. (Tour of their new office)

Didn't they say they doubled the dev team ? Was that before or after the date of this vid? 

Didn't they say they doubled the dev team ? Was that before or after the date of this vid?

After

To be honest, he is right, people are loosing interest in standalone whether you like it or not. The fact that you go on about the "Warning label", lets be honest we didn't think it would be this shit did we? So just go sit yourself down in the corner and let people have their opinion without little trolls like yourself getting all keyboard warrior...

1639321-keyboard_warrior.jpg

Ok, since you clearly didn't read it - I'll repost it here then.

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play!"

They never promised you shit, and as I added in my post - judging the quality of a game over a year prior to its release based on how many people are playing it is senseless. Apparently you already spent your $$ so you can do one of two things; keep complaining or aid the development by finding and reporting bugs. I tell you only one of those are going to help anyone.

And if you thought it wasn't going to be "this shit" you clearly didn't check any previews that dozens of people already had posted on YouTube. I was fully aware of objects falling through floors long before I pressed the buy button. Were you?

Edited by Sinnaman
  • Like 2

Ok, since you clearly didn't read it - I'll repost it here then.

They never promised you shit, and as I added in my post - judging the quality of a game over a year prior to its release based on how many people are playing it is senseless. Apparently you already spent your $$ so you can do one of two things; keep complaining or aid the development by finding and reporting bugs. I tell you only one of those are going to help anyone.

And if you thought it wasn't going to be "this shit" you clearly didn't check any previews that dozens of people already had posted on YouTube. I was fully aware of objects falling through floors long before I pressed the buy button. Were you?

You seem to be a very mad individual at the minute, please calm your tits.

Secondly, yes, you are correct, but the game is shit when you get into it and you soon realize the lack of content.

Thirdly, dude, stop being so mad.

• Like 5

It's blatantly clear that most of the people posting on this thread have no idea what it means to plan an early access game. DayZ has had more updates and additions than any other early access game I play. Project Zomboid, Kerbal Space Program. etc.

DayZ also has a much clearer roadmap than most early access games. The problem with DayZ is the fact that the developers communicate with the community making them feel like they all have a voice. And when you make people feel like that, they come on here and say stupid shit like "need vehicle now" and "where u AS50 at bruh"

The game is coming along nicely. I haven't played in a while as I am personally waiting for persistent storage and hunting. I know it could be months before those features are on the stable build, but I know there are hundreds of hours of DayZ in my future.

Also, if you have recently come into this thread and asked "When is the next update coming". Do a little research next time. I won't be answering questions for people that are to lazy to search for two minutes themselve

Welcome to the Big Leagues Junior. Sooner or later you will learn that repeating yourself and responding to these texts are the same thing as giving every single question the answer instead of making them find it themselves and if someone tells them who cares, getting all worked up doesnt do anyone anygood. Just gonna give you grey hairs and for what?! A little self assurance? Blah.

on another note; Personaly as long as they dont "say" they are going to update, I dont care if they wait till the retail date to release the next patch (or the retail version), In fact I kinda wish they would. I got one last question though, was pre-releasing this game worth it? 

• Like 4

As much as people seem to want to say that the standalone is different and not a mod and the devs have access to the engine....

Have they released much besides more building access that we haven't seen in the mod?

Nothing seems better than even the early days of the mod and so many of the bugs are the same. Seems like another mod with some different graphics to me, so far.

I'm waiting for great performance and a hive that works very well, not more item testing and cooking.

• Like 3

You seem to be a very mad individual at the minute, please calm your tits.

Secondly, yes, you are correct, but the game is shit when you get into it and you soon realize the lack of content.

Thirdly, dude, stop being so mad.

Sorry, I don't take kindly to being called a "troll" or "keyboard warrior" - but yeah, I'm very mad. I'd wish the complainers would use less time posting here so I didn't need to spend my precious time reading senseless bullshit when what I'm looking for is concrete info on the development of the latest build. It's fucking annoying and your perception of "lack of content" is clearly subjective because I (and at least one more person) most certainly don't feel that way.

• Like 4

Anyone been playing on the experimental servers tonight? I am only seeing 4 of them atm. They are the DayZ DE servers (0-1, 0-2, 0-3, and 0-4). Tried messing with the server browser filter, no luck. I did hear the number of experimental servers was being reduced over the weekend, but only seeing 4 of them online atm seems a little too low.. lol.

Source:

The last one got me.. char reset? Guess i'll find out when I get ingame.

Thank you for this, I was looking for some info on this matter.

And yes the char have been reset hehe.

What I find lame is the fact I couldn't find any of that info regarding experimental servers going down during the weekend, things would be better if they would keep us informed through their very forums, not every other social media since not everybody like to use them on a regular basis (me).

Best regards, Carlos.

Edited by Carlosdmc