rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Well Czechoslovakia existed for 74 years, Succesor states only exist for 22 years. Old habits die slow.

Lot of people dont know that Burma is called Myanmar for last 25 years

You are right up to a certain point, but Yugoslavia is good example for a state which existed also for about 70 years and today the people there mostly know that the state doesn't exist anymore.

But yeah, I just wanted to make clear that this sentence:

All the money should go to Czechoslovak peasants, because without them there would be no Dayz.

... somehow confused me ;)

Edited by warriortyr

upstart2010 .....  that is one VERY CREEPY icon    O.O

:D

Zom(Bay)Bie

@ warriortyr

I know why you are confused and I know why Karakoz posted...

"All the money should go to Czechoslovak peasants, because without them there would be no Dayz."

It was in relation to a removed post !

So, no problem but...

Back on Topic please.

• Like 2

@ warriortyr

I know why you are confused and I know why Karakoz posted...

"All the money should go to Czechoslovak peasants, because without them there would be no Dayz."

It was in relation to a removed post !

So, no problem but...

Back on Topic please.

ah Ok....TYVM  :)

So back to the exp... I really hope they get it done that I can play on severs under a 100ms ping. Until today all under 100ms just wen to "wait for host" and then it got stuck.

Any more patches planned for this game??? Oo

no.. its about to go full release :P

• Like 3

This game is basically DOA right now.  I was renting a server but let it drop off because it averaged 3 people on at any time.  The game has gotten stale when the only thing to do is gear up and run around until someone shoots you, then rinse and repeat.  ZZZzzz

What's worse is this HUGE update is snoresville too.  There's some cool things but nothing that will bring me back to play it for more than an hour or two.  Sorry Rocket but the timing couldn't be worse buddy for you to announce your departure then the game doesn't have an update for over a month.

• Like 16

Such a disappointment. I know the Dean Hall internet Defense Force will chant that it's only an alpha, and I know half of that blind faith is the desire to see the project finished but fan made mods like Breaking point manages to get their shit together and that is with a dev team that does it for free. Bohemia really needs to audit the dayZ dev team to see if they are competent to to finish this project, If not they need to fire them and get a real development team to take their place like what Square did with the original Final Fantasy XIV team.

• Like 6

This game is basically DOA right now.  I was renting a server but let it drop off because it averaged 3 people on at any time.  The game has gotten stale when the only thing to do is gear up and run around until someone shoots you, then rinse and repeat.  ZZZzzz

What's worse is this HUGE update is snoresville too.  There's some cool things but nothing that will bring me back to play it for more than an hour or two.  Sorry Rocket but the timing couldn't be worse buddy for you to announce your departure then the game doesn't have an update for over a month.

Yeah. So true. 

breaking point zombies are quite derpy.
i think people who complain about the state of the game should just come back in a year when its actually released

• Like 1

I must have missed the part where they promised weekly updates.

I never said they promised anything.  However, with their last few updates being titled "weekly" updates, that insinuates an update per week, that's what weekly means...  I never said they broke a promise, they don't have to have a weekly update, it is unprofessional to title something as weekly, but not make it weekly, it also makes things confusing.

• Like 1

Keep the hoe and give us some kind of perma storage already ffs XD

This isnt warz the storage when it does come out will be persistant not permanant in other words you will have to hide it and people can and will raid it if its found.

Yeah. So true. 

You cant be that new to dayz thats pretty much what it is to begin with its a sand box and the concept is to survive which is basically to loot and stay aline or shoot people rinse and repeat. And this early in the ALPHA stage which is before beta btw not much too do.

I never said they promised anything.  However, with their last few updates being titled "weekly" updates, that insinuates an update per week, that's what weekly means...  I never said they broke a promise, they don't have to have a weekly update, it is unprofessional to title something as weekly, but not make it weekly, it also makes things confusing.

They have never called them weekly updates, they've called it weekly server maintenance... when there are updates they tend to do them during this period.  They still do the weekly server maintenance even if there are no updates.

• Like 1

Such a disappointment. I know the Dean Hall internet Defense Force will chant that it's only an alpha, and I know half of that blind faith is the desire to see the project finished but fan made mods like Breaking point manages to get their shit together and that is with a dev team that does it for free. Bohemia really needs to audit the dayZ dev team to see if they are competent to to finish this project, If not they need to fire them and get a real development team to take their place like what Square did with the original Final Fantasy XIV team.

Breaking Point is built on top of work done over the last couple of years by other developers... it's built on the DayZ mod code - it's a mod of a mod.  The BP devs didn't start from scratch and as the BP mod developed they continued to update with DayZ code.  Then they ported that code to Arma 3.  You can't reasonably compare the two processes.

• Like 2

so much for a weekly update

Geez..  Wow.. Anyone who is complaining about not getting updates "WEEKLY" needs to go find another game to play.  Please.. Nothing was ever "promised" about getting weekly updates.  Sure, in the perfect world, we'd all get daily, or even the weekly updates.  But things, like shit, happen.  Snags are going to come up preventing patches from being released on whatever schedule they are on atm.  It's going to happen.. Would you rather an the unstable experimental build go to stable, even tho it's not ready?   Would you, really?  

Anyway.. I'm all for the patches being released in a timely manner.. I'm also all for those same patches to be ready for the stable build.  That is partially why there is a experimental build.  To test those said new items, fixes, etc before they hit the stable.  If those said new additions are not ready, or other bugs are encountered in the experimental build, so be it.. It'll stay on experimental until those said issues are fixed..  Then you will have you're precious Stable release build.  

Please.. have some patience.  It'll be released when it's ready.

Anywho, talking about the experimental build..  Has anyone come across the the painted Firefighters Axe (recipe)?  It's listed in the patch notes, but have not found one yet.. Could have been bugged and removed for the time being maybe.. ?  I've tried painting it, but thinks others have already said this doesn't work.. I def confirm this.

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1

When are you going to update the stable branch? Also, can we please have more experimental branch servers? I try playing on the experimental branch but it's damn near impossible to find any loot at all because the servers have so many people playing them that they're almost always looted. I even go to remote cities at night and still can't find a decent weapon. I really want to find these new guns, but it's either suffer through boring hours and hours of searching city to city, server to server, hoping that I have that slim chance of finding one or wait until who knows when until the stable branch is updated.

When are you going to update the stable branch? Also, can we please have more experimental branch servers? I try playing on the experimental branch but it's damn near impossible to find any loot at all because the servers have so many people playing them that they're almost always looted. I even go to remote cities at night and still can't find a decent weapon. I really want to find these new guns, but it's either suffer through boring hours and hours of searching city to city, server to server, hoping that I have that slim chance of finding one or wait until who knows when until the stable branch is updated.

Simple method of securing a weapon:

1. Go to dayzdb.com

2. Open the Map, Locate a "Weapons Spawn Point" (They're Red btw)

3. Within DayZ the game, Navigate your Character to the "Weapons Spawn Point"

4. If Weapon is Available > Collect a Weapon

5. If no Weapon is Available, > Log out

6. Wait until Server Resets (14:00 Servers are usually Fresh)

7. Log into Fresh Server

8. Collect Weapon

Enjoy

:)

• Like 1

They have never called them weekly updates, they've called it weekly server maintenance... when there are updates they tend to do them during this period.  They still do the weekly server maintenance even if there are no updates.

right, ok.....

oh wait..

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/78861344968/weekly-report-smashing-bugs-for-0-37

and...

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/78119153354/weekly-report-starting-our-focus-on-survival

• Like 2

You should have made it clear that you meant tumblr updates... And I do agree on that point. It would be nice to hear something big about the development each week.

• Like 1