Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

Well This Is Interesting, Another DayZ Spinoff?

I was browsing kickstarter and came across this *interesting* project "No DayZ Later" a zombie survivor thriller. I sometimes wonder if these companies even think they will suceed, let alone profit. Anyone else suprised by this?

My favourite part is they have a full $9 donated so far, thats a whopping 36 gumballs!

e7b10520a06d154796ca97e9e0b13a1f.png

EDIT: The project creator has two other failed kickstarters and funny enough copied and pasted the EXACT SAME TEXT word for word period for period from one project to the other and even the same character models. My favourite part is the project lead has attended 3 years of college classes and works with "very smart people" yet makes the mistake of no capitals i's or fixing spelling mistakes in the biography like he < the. Im gonna follow this trainwreck of a studio just to see what happens.

If you so wish to see the trainwreck that is this company, heres the kickstarter. Read the comments: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/663271199/no-dayz-later

My favourite comment: 507b3d96ca1e0ceaa768e31f73a2f693.png

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 5

My lord... they can't even make a proper kickstarter page. Whoever donated to this project deserve to have their internet access revoked.

• Like 7

I need to see this for myself, I need a good laugh.  Mind PMing the link?  I assume you didn't link it in the post for a reason.

Never mind, I forgot Google existed for some reason.  Will post my response momentarily.

Oh god...my sides...okay so your first goal is to make the game available to all the consoles at 300k?  BUT I only get a FREE copy of the game if I pay $100 or more?  OMFG they're only going to have patches if they reach $1,000,000?  Okay...are these guys really in college?  This seams more like a highschool level project.  I couldn't even finish watching the video, so much clipart and stock photo.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 4

I need to see this for myself, I need a good laugh.  Mind PMing the link?  I assume you didn't link it in the post for a reason.

Never mind, I forgot Google existed for some reason.  Will post my response momentarily.

Oh god...my sides...okay so your first goal is to make the game available to all the consoles at 300k?  BUT I only get a FREE copy of the game if I pay $100 or more?  OMFG they're only going to have patches if they reach $1,000,000?  Okay...are these guys really in college?  This seams more like a highschool level project.  I couldn't even finish watching the video, so much clipart and stock photo.

Reading the reddit post this kind gentleman posted his reply from the project creater on the name, here it is:

No not in any way we are just lacking a lot of necessary funds to produce allot of what we need to present to you the kind of game we want we are most likely going to stop the funding and re upload in about 3 months after we have put in about 2500 dollars so we can finish our character modles - Project Creator. I did not type this, he is that bad at spelling.

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 1

91rAQ99.jpg

lVVr6PL.jpg

The person who proposed the idea of DLC is named John Raviouli. That name is from a story told by TheRussianBadger who when was given the chance to ask the EA CEO John Riccitiello about Battlefield 4 decided to adress him as John Raviouli. The very notion that the project leader even took him seriously makes me just want to...

a4uo7WF.gif

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 5

You know.. I know this KS game company guy is not smart enough for this.. BUT

You could run one hell of a money laundering scam out of kickstarter.

Fund all of the money yourself, and voila.. laundered money. 

• Like 2

I would suggest this kid's next kickstarter be to go to community college, take remedial English and business classes, as well as an economics class.  I haven't even seen what his game is suppose to look like but that SHOULD help him right there.

Only $1500 and I can have my face in game, and spout my ideas to the devs.

Only $5000 and I can have a trip to Ohio plus a free beta game.

This is shaping up to be the biggest, baddass MOM fps ever!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this is a scam or something, I watched the video am I'm nearly 100% certain I've seen the game footage they showed at the end on a demo for a Unity game that didn't feature zombies. Also that was the shittiest webcam footage I've seen in ages and it looked like they were reading from a script they've only just seen. I think my crappy smart phone could take a better video than that and it's 5 years old!

i dont even think its scam. its just some retarded kids trying to create a game, lol ^^

Imho kickstarter should remove that kind of unprofessional projects immediately.

HEY BEST FRIENDS! LETS MAKE A GAYME!

Edited by Sloddor

With dean leaving, maybe we should have reconsidered backing this before it got cancelled.....

I KID, I KID

I'm pretty sure this is a scam or something, I watched the video am I'm nearly 100% certain I've seen the game footage they showed at the end on a demo for a Unity game that didn't feature zombies. Also that was the shittiest webcam footage I've seen in ages and it looked like they were reading from a script they've only just seen. I think my crappy smart phone could take a better video than that and it's 5 years old!

I don't think they are trolling, they have 3 othrer failed kickstarters of the exact same idea.

They have now cancelled it.

Thier three backers for $5000 all backed out, leaving them a whole $400!

They were at over $30,000 when I watched their presentation video yesterday, which was over their goal, less than a day later all the backers left and it got shitcanned? This smells even fishier now than it did yesterday. I'm talking 'Billingsgate market' levels of fishyness, and I know I've seen than gameplay footage elsewhere before and it wasn't on a zombie kickstarter game.

Kickstarters games not finished.

ive got a idea about a dinosaur shoe game. i need 1 million pound to make it to alpha stage. if you pledge more than 5 dollars you get alpha , 10 dollars you get alpha and a dinosaur shoe of your size and if you pledge 10,000 i will name dinosaur shoe after you .

ive got big hopes for this i have no experience in anything but im sure with the right amount of money in my bank i could do it justice.

Hello there

Well, bless their cotton socks.

At least they are trying to do something.

How many of us have made a game, even to pre alpha stage.

I do think they may be over reaching themselves at the moment but even if this kickstarter doesn't work (and its up to almost 500 dollars now) I bet they'll learn a lot from the experience.

Good luck to em!

Although tshirt image with the text window still on screen made me chuckle.

Rdgs

LoK

Project canceled and the account was closed.  OMGOSH I'm shocked.

The comments section is by far funnier than the actual kickstarter page itself lol.

Edited by Mdogg2005

I was browsing kickstarter and came across this *interesting* project "No DayZ Later" a zombie survivor thriller. I sometimes wonder if these companies even think they will suceed, let alone profit. Anyone else suprised by this?

My favourite part is they have a full $9 donated so far, thats a whopping 36 gumballs!

e7b10520a06d154796ca97e9e0b13a1f.png

EDIT: The project creator has two other failed kickstarters and funny enough copied and pasted the EXACT SAME TEXT word for word period for period from one project to the other and even the same character models. My favourite part is the project lead has attended 3 years of college classes and works with "very smart people" yet makes the mistake of no capitals i's or fixing spelling mistakes in the biography like he < the. Im gonna follow this trainwreck of a studio just to see what happens.

If you so wish to see the trainwreck that is this company, heres the kickstarter. Read the comments: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/663271199/no-dayz-later

My favourite comment: 507b3d96ca1e0ceaa768e31f73a2f693.png

Update: New development video!

They have some nice graphics in the game. Might need to upgrade your GPU's guys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPob1KAQYg&feature=player_detailpage

Hello there

Well, bless their cotton socks.

At least they are trying to do something.

How many of us have made a game, even to pre alpha stage.

I do think they may be over reaching themselves at the moment but even if this kickstarter doesn't work (and its up to almost 500 dollars now) I bet they'll learn a lot from the experience.

Good luck to em!

Although tshirt image with the text window still on screen made me chuckle.

Rdgs

LoK

I sent the guy a message telling him he has a chance to make it big in the survival market, not many games have done good. I hope it works out for him.

• Like 1

Oh my god. MY EYES THEY BURN. Did anyone thoroughly read the Our Stretched Goals? How can someone not know how to spell "making", or "different"? Obviously it's going to be a giant fail(again).

This is what I got from the video they have on the page
"Where am I? whoa, look at all these plants! WHOA! the grass is moving! Dude the sky is so beautiful! woooow! let me go over here and WOW! LOOK ITS EVEN BETTER! WHOOOAA!"
Also $5,000 dollars to go to Ohio!? Eat dinner with a couple of guys of which I don't even know, AND watch a movie with them?! WOW! What a deal! What's that? I GET A SHIRT?! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I don't about you guys but I'd go for it.
*cancelled* SHIT! well might as well kill myself now...

• Like 1