zerox024

Crash to destkop, game minimizes

i saw 2 topic about this, but nobody respond`s, but this is getting really annoying i know it`s alpha and i`m not bitching about it, but this problem is really rare as i can see 
I can play like 30 minutes fine, then my game freezes for 2-3 sec and then my game minimizes down, i can still hear my character moving and everything, the game does not freeze just minimizes down, and can`t get it back up 
so i have to ctrl+alt+delete and to turn off, in task manager says DAYZ RUNNING, so i dont get the non responding thing,
does someone know how to fix this ?

TRYED:
*reinstalling drivers
*reinstalling game
*reinstalling windovs
Still the same ..

EDIT: found out when the minimize thing happens you press" left shift" and the "-" on numpad and type "flush" and the drivers reset and you don`t have to turn off the game

Still it`s not a fix but faster then turning off and turning back on and waiting for the spawn time .. 
but when you do that you can`t see anything that people type in direct chat, and you can`t see how many ammo you have (numbers)
and things like that (sad but still better than turning off and on the game)

Edited by zerox024
  • Like 2

Intel i7 3.9ghz
8gb ram 2000mhz
gtx 295 double
motherboard gigabyte ud4 
Windovs 7 64bit

GPU temperature 55 while i play
PCB temperature 45

Edited by zerox024
  • Like 1

if its just minimizing....can you not just open the game again? as in alt-tab back to the game?

sounds like you might be alt-tabbing accidentally, as you use alt to look around and tab to open your inventory, but if you try to do both at the same time it will minimize the game

just a theory

Is your OS legit? You can send me a PM if you don't like saying it here.

if its just minimizing....can you not just open the game again? as in alt-tab back to the game?

sounds like you might be alt-tabbing accidentally, as you use alt to look around and tab to open your inventory, but if you try to do both at the same time it will minimize the game

just a theory

No i cant get it back, if i could it would`t be a problem... 

but now when i get this i have to close the game, and even worse my characher stays in for a few secs and i died few times because of that, and i`m not alttabing the game do that automatly

i was just running in elektro now, just pressing W and the game black screens and then minimizes, still hear my characher i can even shoot xD but cant get the game back on :D

tryed playing everything on HIGH the game runs nice for me no fps drops or smth

and on very low, still it`s happening..

P.S never had any problem like this with other games... 

Edited by zerox024
  • Like 1

can you currently run other games in full screen? like have you tested it since?

does sound more like a problem with windows more so than the game (uneducated guess) 

the weird thing is you can still control your character when it happens, usually if im on the desktop with the game running I cant even hear the game, much less still have control

you could try running razer game booster with dayz, even though you get acceptable frames, one thing the program can do is disable all unnecessary processes, including explorer.exe which is everything running on the desktop, you can still alt-tab out but the desktop is blank.  I'm not sure if this will fix your issue, or is even close, but if all else fails, give it a try.  

p.s you have to choose explorer as a program to disable when boosting, its not setup as default

I hate this problem my friend has it.  Strange thing is I had it when the mod came out, screen goes black but can still hear the game going.  That was back when I had a gtx260, but it never happened again when I upgraded.  My friend still has a gtx260 and he has the same problem with the standalone.  It was doing it the first 5 mins, then I realized his drivers where old, updated and it lasted 30min.  I think other people had problems where the driver would crash and recover, but only arma was doing it and not other games.

I just realized you have a 200 series! hmmmm.

Edited by AtomQuark

i had 260 too, the game was fine when i buyed it for like hmm 2-3 weeks then it started happening, after that i sold my 260 and buyed 295 we`ll still happening 

Edited by zerox024

can you currently run other games in full screen? like have you tested it since?

does sound more like a problem with windows more so than the game (uneducated guess) 

the weird thing is you can still control your character when it happens, usually if im on the desktop with the game running I cant even hear the game, much less still have control

you could try running razer game booster with dayz, even though you get acceptable frames, one thing the program can do is disable all unnecessary processes, including explorer.exe which is everything running on the desktop, you can still alt-tab out but the desktop is blank.  I'm not sure if this will fix your issue, or is even close, but if all else fails, give it a try.  

p.s you have to choose explorer as a program to disable when boosting, its not setup as default

i run every game fine, my game just goes black screen for 2-3 secs and then minimizes down, and i hear everything i even when someone talks in direct

and when it happens i can only turn the game off with task manager.. nothing else ,i have not tryed the razer game booster yet

• Like 1

I hate this problem my friend has it.  Strange thing is I had it when the mod came out, screen goes black but can still hear the game going.  That was back when I had a gtx260, but it never happened again when I upgraded.  My friend still has a gtx260 and he has the same problem with the standalone.  It was doing it the first 5 mins, then I realized his drivers where old, updated and it lasted 30min.  I think other people had problems where the driver would crash and recover, but only arma was doing it and not other games.

I just realized you have a 200 series! hmmmm.

hmm, yeah sometimes i see it says driver stopped working , then recovered, but i dont know it does not happen on other games .... 

i have played arma 2 dayz mod, didn`t had this problem

Edited by zerox024

i have the same issue it seems. but i can not even get into the game. when i launch i do not get a dayz z screen but can hear the menu screen, birds and wind etc. my mouse pointer even changes to in game. but all i see is my desk top. 

hmm, yeah sometimes i see it says driver stopped working , then recovered, but i dont know it does not happen on other games .... 

i have played arma 2 dayz mod, didn`t had this problem

Yes the driver crash and recovered thing.  I forgot what little info I found.  It almost seems like I remember some techncal stuff about the driver does not respond to win7 quick enough and it gets shut down almost like 2d mode.

edit:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

Method 1: Increase the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) processing time by adjusting the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry value

Timeout Detection and Recovery is a Windows feature that can detect when video adapter hardware or a driver on your PC has taken longer than expected to complete an operation. When this happens, Windows attempts to recover and reset the graphics hardware. If the GPU is unable to recover and reset the graphics hardware in the time permitted (2 seconds), your system may become unresponsive, and display the error “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.”

Giving the Timeout Detection and Recovery feature more time to complete this operation by adjusting the registry value, may resolve this issue.

Edited by AtomQuark

THIS PROBLEM HAPPENS TO ME AS I AM TYPING. 

This is IMMENSELY frustrating, and I also find little to no help here on the forums so far.

Exactly as described - my game pauses for 2 seconds, then seems to minimize. Audio continues, as if the game were still MAXIMIZED (audio stops when minimized). Also, WASD work and I can hear my characters movements, again indicating that the game is NOT minimized, although it seems so because I am looking at my desktop. 

I have in the PAST seen drivers crashing and recovering notice. However, this HAS NOT HAPPENED in a long time, 2 months, and that message does NOT appear for this problem.

I am then forced to Ctrl Alt Dlt and end process DayZ. 

THIS IS RUINING MY GAME EXPERIENCE OF DAYZ :(

• Like 2

ajitpalx yeah i have the same , i just didn`t know how to describe it ;D 

Yes the driver crash and recovered thing.  I forgot what little info I found.  It almost seems like I remember some techncal stuff about the driver does not respond to win7 quick enough and it gets shut down almost like 2d mode.

edit:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

Method 1: Increase the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) processing time by adjusting the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry value

Timeout Detection and Recovery is a Windows feature that can detect when video adapter hardware or a driver on your PC has taken longer than expected to complete an operation. When this happens, Windows attempts to recover and reset the graphics hardware. If the GPU is unable to recover and reset the graphics hardware in the time permitted (2 seconds), your system may become unresponsive, and display the error “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.”

Giving the Timeout Detection and Recovery feature more time to complete this operation by adjusting the registry value, may resolve this issue.

i will check this now, ty for your reply

i just downloaded the "fix it for me" program, gonna give a try now 

20 minutes later.... same happened again :(

Edited by zerox024

I dont wan`t to spam, but please, if somebody got some solution... :(

Hey guys,

i have a topic about this too on troubleshooting

it seems related to GTX 200 series but i have heard cases of ATI's having the issue too

there is currently no solution!!!

(i tweaked in the vídeo options, what seemed to stabilize the game more was changing resolutions to lower, still crahes but before i couldn't play more than 10 minutes , now i can go from 10 to a full hour, but in the end it just depends on the area you are and how much stress you are causing to the GPU)

Since February 7th's patch I've been having this issue.
This is how I resolved it (I think).

I added to the launcher properties the -window command and it stopped booting me to desktop.
've played for about 4 hours today with no minimizing...
Also, there's FLUSH command that "works" but it removed tooltips from my game and it doesn't stop the game from bugging again.

To do the FLUSH command you gotta hit SHIFT -, -, F,L,U,S,H. No commas. 
EDIT: The FLUSH command works once you're tabbed out of the game and cant ALT TAB back in. So what you have to do is ALT TAB to the game, even if it doesnt work and execute the command I typed out.

I currently run on a GTX 275 for gfx card
An AMD Phenom II x3 720
4gigs of RAM
Win7 64 bits.

Edited by SirioNDB

so thats something definetly with 200 series... well F**K :( i hope that will be fixed or smth
but there is no stress to my GPU because i have cooling and the temperature is maaax 55-58

well lol, i just buyed gtx 295 like 3 weeks ago, i dont have money for another graphics now

well seems like i`m not going to play dayz for a loong time ... :(

Edited by zerox024

Its not just the gtx 250, having the same problem with my gtx 650 since the last update and I have the latest NVidia drivers.  It had never happened before this last update and I had played for 150 hrs and no crash to desktop.  It is a random event for me. I can play for 3 hrs and nothing other times it can crash after 10 mins.