zerox024

Crash to destkop, game minimizes

wich drivers are you using now ? i mean wich version ?

Dropped mine back to the 320.18 driver and still running well. Graphics card seems to be running cooler too :rolleyes:

Dropped mine back to the 320.18 driver and still running well. Graphics card seems to be running cooler too :rolleyes:

I'll give that a try.

This is also happening to my brother using an AMD Radeon R7 series 260 card 2GB card. It does not happen to me using a nVidia 770 GTX or my other friend using a Radeon R7 240 2GB card.

Has anyone tried the AMD beta drivers? It was released 17/03/2014 so perhaps it addresses the issue? I'm going to test it when I get home this evening.

Edit: I know my card is not overheating. It's a brand new PC so dust is not an issue. (By brand new I mean <3 weeks old) and by using GPU-Z I've watched the temp of the GPU peak at 70 degrees celcius under full game load which is normal. I can only assume it's a driver issue or Day Z issue. I'm weary of the driver as so many others are having the issue, but at the same time, it does seem to be a video card related error.

Edited by buggs

it`s definetly up to drivers or game, my graphics is on 65-60 and the game does that.

This is also happening to my brother using an AMD Radeon R7 series 260 card 2GB card. It does not happen to me using a nVidia 770 GTX or my other friend using a Radeon R7 240 2GB card.

Has anyone tried the AMD beta drivers? It was released 17/03/2014 so perhaps it addresses the issue? I'm going to test it when I get home this evening.

Edit: I know my card is not overheating. It's a brand new PC so dust is not an issue. (By brand new I mean <3 weeks old) and by using GPU-Z I've watched the temp of the GPU peak at 70 degrees celcius under full game load which is normal. I can only assume it's a driver issue or Day Z issue. I'm weary of the driver as so many others are having the issue, but at the same time, it does seem to be a video card related error.

I installed the beta drivers and still the issue continues. This is worrying because I doubt much will change between the launch of these beta drivers into the live version. Has there been any developer recognition of this issue at all? I feel like I'm pissing into the wind at this stage.

Your memory in game might not be set properly for your card??

Make sure that on your in game settings are adjusted to auto this has provided the best performance for me.

I am glad that there was an increase in performance but sad that this did not fix the issue, make sure to check the affinity of the Dayz as well and if possible disable all programs that run in the background that are not required. I have a gut feeling that the program is running into a check-sum error and conflicting with internal process causing the crash. I have had one instance after I reconfigured everything where it minimized and then I could pull it back up. I also don't believe its a memory issue, It could just be that Dayz tries to load everything simultaneously.

parameter MaxMem has to do with the amount of RAM your windows can manage (64bit windows can utilize 8 GB  but win32 can not etc)

Have been playing Hardcore and noticed that the crashes/ blanc screen is CONSIDERABLE LESS (it still happened ONCE- so far! )

Could it be because i have much less items with me?? or

the Zombies are less in number ?

Can any one confirm if using only One MELLE and ONE RIFLE still causes  crashes?? (instead of holdng an additional  second rifle with your hands) ???

Have been playing Hardcore and noticed that the crashes/ blanc screen is CONSIDERABLE LESS (it still happened ONCE- so far! )

Could it be because i have much less items with me?? or

the Zombies are less in number ?

Can any one confirm if using only One MELLE and ONE RIFLE still causes  crashes?? (instead of holdng an additional  second rifle with your hands) ???

Even if i`m a fresh spawn it randomly happens to me .. :(

I`m waiting from december to fix this.. :(

Ok Here's an update from my testing of various settings.

After I set the allowed graphics memory to fit with the size of my card ( 1024mb)- In the game menu. The game have NOT exit to desktop once in 10 hours.

Oh and im 100% that the drivers for the graphics card is doing this. ( at least in my scenario).

Try it out guys.

:)

Edited by Afmenemy

After I set the allowed graphics memory to fit with the size of my card ( 1024mb)- In the game menu. The game have NOT exit to desktop once in 10 hours.

Oh and im 100% that the drivers for the graphics card is doing this. ( at least in my scenario).

Try it out guys.

my card has 1784 how should i set it , when there is no that option..?

Try it out guys.

I have tried this solution before and it does not work. I have also tried to experimental build and it also does not work. The game continues to do it's crash/black screen error.

I have, without success, attempted the following to fix the issue:

Re-install of ATI drivers.

Update to ATI beta drivers.

Update to Experimental Day Z build.

Re-install Day Z.

Boot & Nuke the PC and re-install Windows fresh.

None of the above have worked. I have noticed, however, that while in-game the GPU useage is at 100%, but it seems to spike up and down, up and down as you play. As soon as the 'minimize black screen bug' occurs,. the GPU useages drops to 0% and does not recover even if you use the previously mentioned 'flush' solution to get the game back on screen.

Last night I tested this and, after using 'flush' to regain the game (with all sorts of graphical glitches), the GPU usage remained at 0%. I also noticed that when I then exited the game and came to the Day Z website I was having graphical errors on the web page.

I have concldued that it is an issue with the ATI driver and Day Z. Something in Day Z seems to be causing the driver to go haywire.

but still you can survive by using flush.., the worst thing is that the admins or whoever is not saying s**t about this

I have exact same issue, tried all and more from forum. The "flush" trick does not work for me.

ok , i might have fixed this issue - like this:

dowanload from ATI drivers from http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

fill in the GPU generation and Os system -  i have used the beta for my card AMD_Catalyst_14.3_Beta_V1.0_Windows_B22_March12 . Personnaly i tested with the latest beta version and it's stable enoygh !!

i also installed TRIXX for tweaking the VGA a bit more...but i don't think it's necessary

REBOOT

complete uininstall all vga drivers (here is a link for manually deleting the registry settings that are left after uninstall ...http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379461

even if you uninstall there are still records in the registry ..so be thourough !!)

REBOOT

i played for at least 10 hours last night - changed servers and modes - and worked like it is supposed- i actually enjoyed the game after a LONG TIME!!!!

if anyone tries it lmk

ok , i might have fixed this issue - like this:

dowanload from ATI drivers from http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

fill in the GPU generation and Os system -  i have used the beta for my card AMD_Catalyst_14.3_Beta_V1.0_Windows_B22_March12 . Personnaly i tested with the latest beta version and it's stable enoygh !!

i also installed TRIXX for tweaking the VGA a bit more...but i don't think it's necessary

REBOOT

complete uininstall all vga drivers (here is a link for manually deleting the registry settings that are left after uninstall ...http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379461

even if you uninstall there are still records in the registry ..so be thourough !!)

REBOOT

i played for at least 10 hours last night - changed servers and modes - and worked like it is supposed- i actually enjoyed the game after a LONG TIME!!!!

if anyone tries it lmk

Good to hear that you managed to fix your Dayz,i can`t do that i have nvidia -.- ... so all i can wait again heh

We`ll the bad new is i tryed the 0.44 version (experimental) today same happens, no fixes ..

***Ok, no help from the admins or whoever monitors such things. Someone was engaged earlier in this thread, then nothing when a resolution was clearly not in sight:[ I hate to create a new post on this but its makes the game UNPLAYABLE and have tried all suggested and some tricks of my own. Please update/respond to this thread DAYZ folks.

Thank you.

***Ok, no help from the admins or whoever monitors such things. Someone was engaged earlier in this thread, then nothing when a resolution was clearly not in sight:[ I hate to create a new post on this but its makes the game UNPLAYABLE and have tried all suggested and some tricks of my own. Please update/respond to this thread DAYZ folks.

Thank you.

Yeah, maybe the most annoying thing is that the admins does not respond, or atleast say something about this.... 

the game is clearly unplayable even with flush, you can`t play cause you can`t check anything ingame , wich is kinda annoying .. still admins cmon say smth

Exact same issue as OP and no we aren't accidentally tabbing out this issue is such a fucking pain in the ass, more so that the dev team added a login timer ffs.

Exact same issue as OP and no we aren't accidentally tabbing out this issue is such a fucking pain in the ass, more so that the dev team added a login timer ffs.

Yeah the spawn time even fuck`s the thing up, like if it happens to me my team has to wait 200 secs to come back .-.-

Regarding the setting of vídeo card memory i have tried it the first times but now it doesn't seem to have any influence!! to you Guys that worked, it is still okay??

and to all people who cannot "flush" the vídeo card memory, i couldn't either, the thing is do not alt tab to desktop and if you do, make sure you choose the game again before trying,

i believe the game itself has to be currently selected in order to use the "shift" + "-" and write "flush" , else it won't work!

to me, it does restore the game, but i no longer see most texts in game( item quick description while hovering mouse,  status text on the lower left , and even main menu letters )

altough i am able to see the description when right clicking items and selecting inspect

also, color correction seems to disappear completely, the aspect of the world becomes more green instead of the greyish one!

strangely i gain a boost in fps

i know GTX cards are the main affected but there are some ATI's around who do it too,

but i wanted to see if Windows 7 64x is common too, edit your posts with yours !!

Yes the driver crash and recovered thing.  I forgot what little info I found.  It almost seems like I remember some techncal stuff about the driver does not respond to win7 quick enough and it gets shut down almost like 2d mode.

edit:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

Method 1: Increase the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) processing time by adjusting the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry value

Timeout Detection and Recovery is a Windows feature that can detect when video adapter hardware or a driver on your PC has taken longer than expected to complete an operation. When this happens, Windows attempts to recover and reset the graphics hardware. If the GPU is unable to recover and reset the graphics hardware in the time permitted (2 seconds), your system may become unresponsive, and display the error “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.”

Giving the Timeout Detection and Recovery feature more time to complete this operation by adjusting the registry value, may resolve this issue.

Has this been tested out??

seems to be one of those fixes that might work!!

( The game only seems to crash if you "use" too much of the GPU, meaning, if you run around too much or turn your head too much forcing the gpu to load more graphics, can anyone confirm??)