zerox024

Crash to destkop, game minimizes

I'm in the same boat as these guys, I'll try the flush work around next time it happens and report back.

Been trying the "shift" flush thing but its not been working yet, im a noob when it come to things like that :/

Hold "shift" while you Press - (numpad right side) after that u release shift and just type "flush"

i hope this will help

I`m really hoping that some Special hero will come to this post and save our life`s , and tell us how to fix this, because sometimes i die to zombies because of this  :'(

Edited by zerox024
  • Like 1

Im still getting crashes though i have found a few spots where if i stay for longer than 2mins i will crash

My rig is

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz 

6G RAM

Asus P6T DDR3 3-Way SLI & Crossfire On Demand

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Been trying the "shift" flush thing but its not been working yet, im a noob when it come to things like that :/

Make sure that you are holding the left "shift" when you click the "-" (minus on numpad), then type "flush" without the quotation marks.

• Like 1

So can anyone confirm that this is a video card issue and not a graphics engine and/or DayZ software issue, when it comes to crashing to desktop?

i had gtx 260 same problem then changed to gtx 295 
and tryed on my laptop gtx 580 same every time 

GTX 550 Reporting the same problem. I recently re-installed my OS due to some malware when previously I was using old Nvidia 500 series drivers. However, the latest update was released during my downtime so it's either the driver or the update. 

I don't really like the idea of losing in game elements like tool tips for a quick fix (-FLUSH) that may not work.
For now I am reverting to some older drivers in hopes that the problem at least decreases in frequency.

I'll try to keep you guys posted.

Agreed, flush works for a quick fix but this is still a pretty major problem.

SAme crash with my system as well

i7 870 @ 2,93Ghz
ASUS RADEON R7 260X / 2Gb
8GB Kit (4GBx2) ADATA DDR3 @1866
Win7 ultimate SP1/ 64bit

the problem started with the last two updates- never before!

Agreed, flush works for a quick fix but this is still a pretty major problem.

Yes it is a major problem and the admins, does not say anything about fixes or smth... that really doesn`t sound good 

flush is a quick fix it really helps, because if you re in fight and that happens you can recover fast.. before i was using  that i died way too much times ...

Hold "shift" while you Press - (numpad right side) after that u release shift and just type "flush"

i hope this will help

I`m really hoping that some Special hero will come to this post and save our life`s , and tell us how to fix this, because sometimes i die to zombies because of this  :'(

Make sure that you are holding the left "shift" when you click the "-" (minus on numpad), then type "flush" without the quotation marks.

Thanks got it working now :)

560ti EVGA here in top condition and this shit happens, its terrible and honestly just makes me want to not come back to this game until a solution other then flush is found, NVIDIA needs to fix their damn drivers.

• Like 1

yeah it`s too bad, i stopped playing dayz for like 3 weeks, yesterday started and again same things happens...it`s just kinda annoying, and can`t play with flush good because u can`t see anything..

Hi All,

I dont know when this problem started - I think it was in Feb when the previous update came out.

However - NOW it's a big problem because the game exits to desktop every 10 min. ( Died 4 times yesterday due to this)

I can play COD/BF4 on high settings with no problems at all.

My system:

AMD Phe. II x4 965

8GB Ram

Win 7 Ultimate

Geforce GTX 560 ti 1024 mb

I'm out of DAYZ untill this has been solved - such a shame the game has so much potentiale.

Peace AFM

Hi All,

I dont know when this problem started - I think it was in Feb when the previous update came out.

However - NOW it's a big problem because the game exits to desktop every 10 min. ( Died 4 times yesterday due to this)

I can play COD/BF4 on high settings with no problems at all.

My system:

AMD Phe. II x4 965

8GB Ram

Win 7 Ultimate

Geforce GTX 560 ti 1024 mb

I'm out of DAYZ untill this has been solved - such a shame the game has so much potentiale.

Peace AFM

I`m waiting from december to fix this.. :(

I am also having a problem with the game minimizing. I can easily click on the Dayz icon on my toolbar and the game comes back with no issue. It happens pretty frequently though and it makes the game unplayable during those time sensitive situations (IE getting shot at or chased by zombies). I get no errors and have pretty much eliminated as many background programs as I can. I have verified that my video drivers are current. Verfied game files. Re-installed the game. I have also lowered video settings but this is a BRAND NEW Evga GTX 770 with 4g of ram and ACX cooling so I can't possibly see my GPU being overworked or overheated on most settings. I have been running speccy in the background so that I can see the temps of everything (cpu, gpu, hard drive etc) when the game crashes but all see to be well within tolerance. System specs below:

CPU
    Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz    104 °F
    Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (8-8-8-21)
Motherboard
    Gateway H57M01 (CPU 1)    96 °F
Graphics
    SONY TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (EVGA)    90 °F

I was having this issue until I changed the priority of the Dayz to real-time. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but it's worth a shot. Furthermore I have found that if I turn my brightness and gamma down it would happen less often. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by TubNodes

I was having this issue until I changed the priority of the Dayz to real-time. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but it's worth a shot. Furthermore I have found that if I turn my brightness and gamma down it would happen less often. Hope this helps someone.

um how to change the priority to real time ?:o

um how to change the priority to real time ? :o

Read full post before trying these steps: You must have windows, you must have administrator access to your computer; If you don't know if you have administrator access and don't know how to get it, you're in over your skill level, therefore I recommend you DO NOT CONTINUE.

These are the Steps: Ctrl+Alt+Del to open a root menu to basic functions, such as log off etc.

Then select Task Manager, Once Task Manager is open, open the processes tab while Dayz is running, you must do this while on the home screen that shows your name and character and the menu options for play, character, change server etc.

Back on the processes tab select at the lower left portion of the task manager window, "Show processes from all users," Now select the Dayz process by right clicking your mouse on the name, it will give you a drop down menu where you clicked, that should have an option for "set priority" click this and choose the following option that best fits your need, it should be set to normal automatically.

After you change the priority beware that your computer may behave improperly therefore I am not reliable for anyone taking these steps to change priority of the processes for their software or hardware. 

EDIT: sorry for the late reply, real life before game life

Edited by TubNodes

i used these parameters to try increasing the max memory available to the game and a few more minor tweeks

-nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192

but to no effect..

i tend to believe it's a GPU problem - i uninstalled the vga drivers with generic drivers ( from ATI site ) including the AMD Gaming Evolved program

( FYI : AMD Game Evolved sets optimal settings for popular games - unfortunately DayZ is still in Aplha so there is no available game profile )

The result is the game runs a bit more stable ( for longer periods) but still crushes  ...

Also tried running DayZ from the AMD Game Evolved program which in turn activates Steam and DayZ but still crushes are UNAVOIDABLE...

Believe that until a game profile in AMD is created (from AMD) the crushes will haunt this game !!!!

i used these parameters to try increasing the max memory available to the game and a few more minor tweeks

-nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192

Your memory in game might not be set properly for your card??

Make sure that on your in game settings are adjusted to auto this has provided the best performance for me.

I am glad that there was an increase in performance but sad that this did not fix the issue, make sure to check the affinity of the Dayz as well and if possible disable all programs that run in the background that are not required. I have a gut feeling that the program is running into a check-sum error and conflicting with internal process causing the crash. I have had one instance after I reconfigured everything where it minimized and then I could pull it back up. I also don't believe its a memory issue, It could just be that Dayz tries to load everything simultaneously.

Edited by TubNodes

Same Issue reporting in. Glad to read about the flush will try it.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit
Intel Core i3 3240
8.00GB  DDR3 @ 800MHz 
GTX 560 Ti
SSD

Flush got me back in but wiped out my ability to see numbers and percentages of items on my inventory.

Thanks for the flush still beats having to Task Manager Kill.

Just started happening to me too.

Gigabyte -78LMT-USB3

AMD FX 8120 3.1ghz

8 gb dual channel ddr3

GTX 650 Ti

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit OS - legitimate

98 hours gameplay logged, but started in the past couple of days.  
Play for a while - game minimizes - all sounds etc etc carry on, but locked into taskbar.

Starting to sound like driver issue with 335.23 and going to roll mine back to test :unsure:

-----------------------------------------------

Drivers rolled back and everything is smoother.
Not a glitch, twitch or drop to desktop so far  :D

Edited by moggzy

Just started happening to me too.

Gigabyte -78LMT-USB3

AMD FX 8120 3.1ghz

8 gb dual channel ddr3

GTX 650 Ti

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit OS - legitimate

98 hours gameplay logged, but started in the past couple of days.  

Play for a while - game minimizes - all sounds etc etc carry on, but locked into taskbar.

Starting to sound like driver issue with 335.23 and going to roll mine back to test :unsure:

-----------------------------------------------

Drivers rolled back and everything is smoother.

Not a glitch, twitch or drop to desktop so far  :D

wich drivers are you using now ? i mean wich version ?