zerox024

Crash to destkop, game minimizes

Yeah it's happening to me when ever something changes drastically. Like if I get shot it will pause then go black then minimize and I can still hear and everything. Have to ctr alt tab then end of task. I'm running a pny 750 graphix card with i5 processor and windows 8 64bit. The machine is less then a week old and I get no message of driver failur or anything. I have no idea why this happens

Edited by Kbodell

Yeah it's happening to me when ever something changes drastically. Like if I get shot it will pause then go black then minimize and I can still hear and everything. Have to ctr alt tab then end of task. I'm running a pny 750 graphix card with i5 processor and windows 8 64bit. The machine is less then a week old and I get no message of driver failur or anything. I have no idea why this happens

Hey man,

still no solution at this time

after you get the crash if you alt+tab before it automatically takes you to the desktop you can see the warning that the driver crashed

Hey estevacio I will have to try that next time it crashes. Most nights it works fine but Sometimes it will crash like 2 or 3 times. I didn't really try the intergrated grahix card to much before I put the 750 in. I'm just waiting one of these times I'll be dead when I can get back on. This is really my first computer and computer game. So I'm not really used to the crashes. This game works better then my 4 month old console so I'm not really to angry at the crashes. ........YET

yeah,seems random, usually restarting the computer helped me to get longer sessions

but it would always crash when i was with friends in the proximity for too long!

currently the devs are fixing the client side crash as they said it in the devtracker,lets hope it has something to do with us aswell!!

Hello guys

My 260m just got updated to a 750ti, i have played yesterday for half hour and it was smooth, will try to confirm the crash or the absence of it!

Edited by Estevacio

Just bought the game.  tried both stableish/experimental versions.  non of the suggestions work, except perhaps the ones I haven't tried yet (will try when I get home)
Could it be audio driver conflicts?  I was playing with headphones plugged into onboard audio device, but generally use HDMI for audio, not a likely cause as onboard was only device enabled, but could be caused by onboard audio...(realtek)...  on that same note, I've got my main monitor connected with display port & a secondary monitor is connected via hdmi, through an AVR...  could be registry errors but I doubt it...  system is basically a fresh install.  
Also, was using gtx660 with gsync enabled...  Though, disabling the HDMI entirely didn't yield any difference, so I'm thinking it's background processes or the audio device...
various background processes, asus 5-way optimization, turbolan, win free anti-virus, avast, razer synapse, etc. 
OS is windows 7 64bit...
16GB of ram, i7 4790k...  but it isn't a hardware issue, that's for sure. (unless something frigging nuts is happening, which I highly doubt..)
anyway, is any of this stuff concurrent with you guys?  (I'll post more software stuff later)

Edited by sushimaster

hi iv had this problem for a while now an unfortunately i  haven't found a fix, and i have tried just about everything i can thing of. iv noticed it crashes back to windows at random some times i can get 2 hours an others 10-15 mins, 

iv wiped my pc an only installed GPU drivers, steam / arma and dayz launcher iv also tried dayz commander.

installed older GPU drivers..

it is defiantly not a heat issue as my rig is water cooled an SUPER cold i cant get my GPU hotter that 32c so surely heat is ruled out, iv tried adjusting settings in the nivdia control panel an still no joy,

i originally thought it was due to my resolution running 4k so i dropped to the good old 1900x1440 an still,,,, no joy 

what i have noticed as some of you have mentioned already is that if im standing still or if theres not much going on it runs fine but mainly when i get in a helli an start flying that's when it seems to crash other than that if im driving a car or on foot its very rare it happens other than that when im fighting 60+ ai,, which strange because my rigs a power house :/ 

also FLUSH does not work for me it just crashes the game completely resulting in end tasking as always :(  

i have run out of ideas and iv serched the web long an hard but i carnt seem to get anywhere... please help us PC GENESIS (GOD)

my rig-

OS - windows 7 

i7  (4.8 ghz)   

msi motherboard

16 gb ram

GTX 980 (was over clocked but not any more, took it off thinking it was the problem) 

2TB hybrid hard-drive

1000 watt corsair PSU

all water cooled (idle 19c - full chat 32c) 

i dont no if any of this helps but im sure as hell gonna keep trying 

Edited by sadler

it finally hit me...
MY GPU wasn't making good contact with its heatsink!
woops...
download GPUZ &/or Furmark & make sure that isn't your issue.
I had replaced the thermal pads years ago & never noticed any ill effects...  I guess my luck ran out.  went to the hardware store and bought some #6 washers.  cleaned and reapplied new thermal goop. carefully tightened the screws including washers & now all is well.  in furmark, my temps were jumping to 100c instantly, & now my temps never go over 80.
I got these becasue they were the smallest they had that I could find relative to how patient I was at the time...  I put two on each of the four mounting screws around the gpu.  probably not the best decision using split lock washers, but they're so small it really doesn't matter.  http://www.lowes.com/pd_58133-37672-605269_0__?productId=4639803
the gap between my gpu and heatsync was so large... dust actually accumulated in the thermal compound..  :blush: 

I've been surviving on 2d games for so long.. I almost forgot what 3D tasted like...er..  looked like...  Still...  I'd been playing the Tomb Raider game from 2013 for a while before this & it never caused any problems... I was also playing games like: CS:go, Black Mesa, Gmod, mirrors edge, batman arkam assylum...  none of these games caused a crash (most of them, I play with 3Dvision)...  then I tried playing GTA4 & it would crash, my GPU fan would ramp up & the entire system restarted & I finally realized it was a temp thing...  I guess it's on a per-game basis how much the engine will throttle before everything just melts down. good thing dayz cuts itself off... 
Anyway, check your temps.

Edited by sushimaster

**I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR THIS PROBLEM**. I had the same issue, nothing more than the game minimizing, then afterwards my desktop looking like I had zoomed in about 200% and then having to go to processes through the task manager, close out steam and dayZ then restart again. But I figured it out. Try following these steps. I got them from a buddy of mine in PA who is a gaming whiz, and it has since worked. 

GO TO:

Configure (at the very start of the game, before you click play or look for a server)

CLICK ON:

Video

On overall quality select

NORMAL

Then go to Quality, (not overall quality, just QUALITY)

CLICK ON

NORMAL

NORMAL 

NORMAL (everything should be normal), even though you want top quality, you pay for it, just select NORMAL

Next CLICK ON TEXTURE

Make sure the settings are

2048 MB

NORMAL

NORMAL 

NORMAL (so in otherwords, the number should be 2048 MB for this, and the rest should be set to NORMAL)

**MOST IMPORTANT**

CLICK ON 

RENDERING RESOLUTION

*****SELECT 150% OR LOWER*******

this was the main thing that stopped my minimizing and shit. 

I know these directions seem nonsensical at the moment, but they helped me from DayZ minimizing, my character still moving while I scramble to fix my problem, and my character dying. Again, hope this helps.

P.S. my buddy said that specs and OS and all that jazz is really meaningless with regard to fixing this game, as it is in Early Alpha, that the steps up above are only one of just a few ways to fix this. Take care and hope this helps.