ztranger

Should the dot crosshair be removed from hardcore servers?

Should the dot crosshair be removed from hardcore servers?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should the dot crosshair be removed from hardcore servers?

Please share your thoughts.

Edit: imo, yes.

Edited by ztranger

Yes but only after the weapon is really centered. At the moment either the dot or the sights (probably the dot in this case) are not accurate because when you switch from dot to sight you see the center move down to the right by about 5-10 centimeters. Talking about 1pp.

Edited by weedmasta

Yes, tbh it should be removed from the entire game, in my opinion.
But some people might not like it :)

• Like 2

When you have a gun in your hand it should be removed but I think the crosshair should be changed. I'm not sure is it about the shape or the color or both but it confuses me sometimes. Crosshair could be handy with close combat and throwing weapons so I don't want it completely removed.

There shouldn't be too many or no variations for two difficulty settings imo. You either play noob mode with everything on so even the most inept player can enjoy the game or normal mode with less help or hardcore with no help, every mode with it's own database of course. Tbh i wonder why players want to get rid of the crosshairs but want to keep the UI or get rid of the UI because it's not realistic to have info in your face but want the crosshairs to stay.

There shouldn't be too many or no variations for two difficulty settings imo. You either play noob mode with everything on so even the most inept player can enjoy the game or normal mode with less help or hardcore with no help, every mode with it's own database of course. Tbh i wonder why players want to get rid of the crosshairs but want to keep the UI or get rid of the UI because it's not realistic to have info in your face but want the crosshairs to stay.

What part of the UI are you referring to? This is a game after all, no matter the difficulty level there has to be a means to relay vital information to a player such as what range his gun is zeroed in at and what items he has available, to name a few.

Absolutely not. It is not 'realistic' to have to guess where your body is pointing on a 2d screen. The dot is there to compensate for the unrealistic absence of feedback we constantly get from our eyes, ears and muscles IRL.

• Like 6

Absolutely not. It is not 'realistic' to have to guess where your body is pointing on a 2d screen. The dot is there to compensate for the unrealistic absence of feedback we constantly get from our eyes, ears and muscles IRL.

What he said, the people who are thinking HELL YA REALISM...have tunnel vision they don't realize there needs to be compensation for reality, within the first hour of playing they would be like OMG I CAN'T PICK UP LOOT WTF.....then just run around with tab open the whole time, which would defeat the purpose of immersion....causing you to look at your in game inventory more than the game world, akin to what happened to the batman games where you would just stay in detective vision for 90% of the first game, cause it was just more useful.

• Like 2

Wait... you still look at the loot before you pick it up? lolnoob

Wait... you still look at the loot before you pick it up? lolnoob

There's a few loot spawns that require looking at to pick up items as they won't pop in Vicinity. Thinking top of wardrobes/lockers/bunks etc. They should increase the player reach and item "hit" box slightly to combat needing to be so close and looking at a specific pixel, which would be nice.

Has anyone tried this, WeaponCursor=1 for crosshair?

• Like 1

Hi.

I'm not sure why people feel they need the dot to tell what direction they are facing? Seems strange, to say the least.

I used the crosshairs for awhile in OpF, but one of the first things I always did with ArmA 1,2, and 3 was turn the reticules and 3PP off. Can't say it has ever caused any problems in regards to what direction I was going lol. Sounds like a poor excuse to keep arma rookie mode settings in game.

While I do agree aiming melee attacks could pose a problem, you can still 'fire from the hip' with deadly accuracy(within realistic ranges) without the reticule.

I'm all for removing it from hardcore. Not so much for realism, but more for personal taste, I'm so used to playing without it that, I find the silly dot distracting at times, especially at night.

Regards.

If they remove it, it'll be great to the hardcore aspect, but the most hardcore feature ever will be me trying to open a gate for 30 min. without it

• Like 3

i would the option to turn off crosshairs in anymode !

for videoing and screenshots it kinda ruins them.also if you want to play without for your own choice you just turn off if you want on you turn on.

such simple options shouldnt be asked for .

Either make it so that you can choose yourself to whether or not to remove via settings or just remove it when you hold a weapon in your hands.

The dot is not a crosshair it is a targeting reticle for action: this has been mentioned before in other forums. I.e. the dot doesn't represent where your gun is aiming, it is merely the center of your screen and helps delineate which object you will interact with on action.

For those of you that wish to have the "crosshair/dot" removed from hardcore; you do realize there is a metagame way for one to essentially put it back in, right?

I'd be for an option to remove it user side, but otherwise I don't see the point.

Edited by Khadaji
  • Like 1

If theres one thing im against its this. Id like to have a little bit of leeway on the reality of the guns. Its saved me plenty especially in run and gun moments where i cant aim down the damn sight.

I would like to see more server types. Just some random examples out of thin-air.

• Hardcore: 1st person, no crosshair, no gamma adjust.
  • Hard: 1st person, crosshair enabled, gamma enabled.
  • Normal: 1st/3rd person, crosshair enabled, gamma enabled.
  • Like 1

I don't care, having an unobtrusive HUD doesn't bother me and I don't necessarily consider crosshairs "unrealistic".

I don't use it for aiming with weapons, it's needed for looting to tell exactly what the game decides you're "looking at".  If they increase the radius that we can pick things up at, or allow us to raise up a hand to actually grab thing (most immersive and complicated option) I'd be all for removing the crosshair.

• Like 1