Sign in to follow this  
theswedishcathead

AKM or the AK-47?

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which rifle would you like to see in first?

• AKM
    • AK-47

AK-47. 

The game is set in Russia. It's the most iconic Russian weapon and also the most iconic weapon in existence. It's the most widely known assault rifle on planet earth. I think it's a bit weird that it wasn't the first rifle they put in the game, personally. It doesn't make sense that AK's are not in the game as it stands.

"Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assault_rifles

Sure, but renember, almost all of Russia's 7.62 AKs were AKMs, falsely called AK-47s.

For all who don't know - The AKM is a slightly upgraded AK-47, which is more reliable, cheaper to produce, ect. All the "AK-47s" in CoD have been AKMs. Many, many more AKMs have been produced than Ak-47s.

Well like I put before, it appears they are going with the more prolific AKM:

CRiFoGq.png

This is a good thing.

• Like 1

Well like I put before, it appears they are going with the more prolific AKM:

CRiFoGq.png

This is a good thing.

Both verisons of the AK should be added in some point of the game.

Would prefer every type of gun model be added, and then they start visiting older/ newer weapon models.

But for a gun that has almost no largely recognisable difference than the name, visiting the model to remove a fire selector/ whatever the hell is actually different would be a waste of time in comparison to starting up a fresh model and getting some real variety through the veins of this game.

• Like 1

The only difference (Internally) is the Stamped Receiver in the AKM, but there are many smaller variations, making it simpler to produce and use, and more reliable. In game, you won't notice much different besides looks, which is a stupid reason to add a '47. Besides, the AKM was the only standard M43 AK in Arma, but there was an AKS, which could have been the Aks-47 or AKMS.

Would prefer every type of gun model be added, and then they start visiting older/ newer weapon models.

But for a gun that has almost no largely recognisable difference than the name, visiting the model to remove a fire selector/ whatever the hell is actually different would be a waste of time in comparison to starting up a fresh model and getting some real variety through the veins of this game.

Yes.

• Like 1

AKM, and of course the ak-74 should be mandatory additions imo...

I'd also very much like to see the Yugoslavian M92.  Old school, or modernized, I don't really care.

M15inst.jpg

GEDC0554_zpsf4d39381.jpg

They should have every gun in existence at some point, but that's an unrealistic expectation.

If they ever do an original AK model it needs to be last (yes, after more western/exotic weapons), because it has hardly any difference over the AKM. I can imagine that art and modeling department guys would probably hate doing (essentially) the gun thing twice.

AK-47 is the incorrect name, it would just be called AK.

AKM makes more sense, and The AK has nothing over the AKM.

I just do not understand why people want the AK.

So the guns feel older? Original AK guns are probably almost collectors type stuff.

Most you will find will probably be Chinese copies.

He is correct, please read! The AK-47 is the name of the prototype, the designation is simply AK. The AK differs from the AKM in that the AK has a birdcage flashhider and a milled receiver, compared to the AKM's slant brake and stamped receiver.The AK tends to be slightly more accurate, shaving down an inch or two in MOA. (whoop de doo) (probably due to the heavier,stiffer, and MORE EXPENSIVE receiver). With both models, you can simply press in the little dimple, unscrew the muzzle piece and attach either the slant brake or the flashhider. Personally, I'd like to see the AK-74 style compensator which is effective at reducing muzzle climb. (the real deal, not the crappy american knock-offs without the proper expansion chamber which are ineffective). There are military grade versions of this in .30 cal, but they're like 80 bucks. Bulgarian I think. A welcome addition to any AK. However, these should wreck havoc on NVG.

Now repeat after me: AK, not AK-47, AK, not Ak-47. 

The AK is still fairly common, but nowhere near the AKM. The final game would be awesome if it included both.
Edited by agouti

AKM because it's the newest. AK-47s should be rare due to their age. AK-74 should also be added, for variety you know?

Edited by AntonioAJC

AKM and AK-47 are pretty much the exact same thing. I believe you meant AK-74, not 47.

Only difference is that the AKM was made in 1950 purely to upgrade the AK-47 so it could be manufactured easier in mass-quantities.

Personally I like the 74. As should everyone else In my opinion. After all, the AK-74 is a newer version of the AKM (AK-47).

But hey! why are we choosing? They're both Kalashnikovs! AKs are the greatest firearms invented by man, and probably will be long into the future. No need to choose between one or the other, they're both amazing.

Edited by mullraugh

They meant the AK or the AKM. As said earlier, the AK-47 is the name of the prototype, which for some reason, stuck with Americans. The Ak-74 (and AK-74M) fire the 5.45x39 round instead of the M43 round (7.62x39). The AK-74M has a nifty side-folding stock that is shaped like the regular non-folding AK-74 stock and few other minor differences. Please stop calling the AK the AK-47.

They meant the AK or the AKM. As said earlier, the AK-47 is the name of the prototype, which for some reason, stuck with Americans. The Ak-74 (and AK-74M) fire the 5.45x39 round instead of the M43 round (7.62x39). The AK-74M has a nifty side-folding stock that is shaped like the regular non-folding AK-74 stock and few other minor differences. Please stop calling the AK the AK-47.

The AK-47 still exist... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

It wouldn't snice theres not much of a difference making two verisons is going to be easy they can still use both models.

The 74M is essentially a polymer AKS-74 with a full stock (That can be folded)

Shit man gimme any AK and ill be happy.. like the chap above stated.. would have thought that weapon would have been in the game before M4 carbine