Sign in to follow this  
theswedishcathead

AKM or the AK-47?

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which rifle would you like to see in first?

• AKM
    • AK-47

Which AK would you like to see in the game first? the AKM or the AK-47? the both verisons are the same just a upgraded verison. I personly think the AK-47 should be added first becuase of it's name and it feels more classic.

I actually think both guns should be in the game maybe if you find a AK-47 and it sucks you can find a Akm the improved version instead.

I'm hoping the AKM will look more like this

NEkBIeY.jpg

gDZ0Ie9.jpg

The first look is the one i'm hoping for maybe if they just called it AK-47 but it was a AKM with all the improvements.

Edited by Henrik115
  • Like 1

You need the option for either in there. I couldn't care less about which as long as i have the option of a full auto battle rifle for when i need it, specifically against KOSers withh m4s.

Which AK would you like to see in the game first? the AKM or the AK-47? the both verisons are the same just a upgraded verison. I personly think the AK-47 should be added first becuase of it's name and it feels more classic.

AKM, because it actually makes sense.

The AK-47 would be incredibly rare and fills no niche the AKM does not, save for being slightly older and having a largely recognized title. And I don't get how you find the AK-47 to be any more "classic", I find that the blue-steel stamped receiver on the AKM is more recognizable and classic.

• Like 1

I am going to have to go with the AKM Assault Rifle, more abundant than the Kalashnikov AK-47 Assault Rifle that was produced earlier.  It was a major improvement over the AK-47 as well, fixing many problems with the original firearm as well as it added new parts to allow easier handling.  It quickly became the new standard issued assault rifle of the Soviet Union soon after its release to the public.  

AKM, because it actually makes sense.

The AK-47 would be incredibly rare and fills no niche the AKM does not, save for being slightly older and having a largely recognized title. And I don't get how you find the AK-47 to be any more "classic", I find that the blue-steel stamped receiver on the AKM is more recognizable and classic.

I dunno it's just becuase of the name i'm guessing i rather see my rifle called AK-47 instead of AKM.

AK-47. 

The game is set in Russia. It's the most iconic Russian weapon and also the most iconic weapon in existence. It's the most widely known assault rifle on planet earth. I think it's a bit weird that it wasn't the first rifle they put in the game, personally. It doesn't make sense that AK's are not in the game as it stands.

"Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assault_rifles

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 4

AK-47. 

The game is set in Russia. It's the most iconic Russian weapon and also the most iconic weapon in existence.

Game isn't set in Russia, but in former USSR. And again - in ex-USSR wasn't used name of AK-47. But simple Avtomat Kalashnikova. Even so, it was very long time ago obsoleted. Even AKM is very rare in use, most of them are at military depots.

AK-47 would be a bad decision IMO. With all of its barrel shudder, loose fit parts, and close distance between both front and rear sights, it would just be a terrible pick over the AKM, which is miles ahead in tech and performance.

AK-74M already confirmed, so I imagine we'll be seeing that one before either AK-47 or AKM (assuming either even make it).

AK-47. 

The game is set in Russia. It's the most iconic Russian weapon and also the most iconic weapon in existence. It's the most widely known assault rifle on planet earth. I think it's a bit weird that it wasn't the first rifle they put in the game, personally. It doesn't make sense that AK's are not in the game as it stands.

"Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assault_rifles

Lord of War is such a great movie!

You have my beans for that quote!

AKM, it's all the pro's of the AK-47 without the shoddy cons. It looks pretty much exactly the same and it's also far more common, 

love how it's first setting is automatic then semi. 

Edited by Capo

People wanting the AK-47 over the AKM are choosing based on the name. Which is silly.

Vu4umzC.png

And again - in ex-USSR wasn't used name of AK-47. But simple Avtomat Kalashnikova.

And as Gregor says it wasn't even called "AK-47", it was just called "АК", so the name is a moot point.

What are you talking about ? AK-47 is a thing that should be puted in the museum. Maybe put AK-74 in the game ?

Game isn't set in Russia, but in former USSR. And again - in ex-USSR wasn't used name of AK-47. But simple Avtomat Kalashnikova. Even so, it was very long time ago obsoleted. Even AKM is very rare in use, most of them are at military depots.

I wouldn't say that; AKMs are still very common in third-world militaries, as well as police and paramilitary forces. Original AK-47s are still seen on the battlefield, but they have been mainly outplaced by AKMs and Type 56s.

Logically AKM are common in third word. Also in that part of Eastern Europe, what was outside USSR the AKM isn't uncommon. I talked about ex-USSR, where mainly people have seen only the deactivated AKM (and an earlier version) in schools on lessons of basic military training.

Edited by gregor

Oh look it's this poll again.

I am fairly sure AK-74 files are already in the game waiting to be sorted out.

Any AK is fine, put it in and switch the M4 to 3 round burst and give it back realistic accuracy.

• Like 2

AKM cause of zeroing

sarcasm? you can zero in both rifles, personally i would rather see the ak74 as they are much more common. i would personally like to see more semi automatic only rifles, not ever military style weapon is full auto and especially the ones that civilians own although bushmasters are very easy to convert if you know what i mean

sarcasm? you can zero in both rifles, personally i would rather see the ak74 as they are much more common. i would personally like to see more semi automatic only rifles, not ever military style weapon is full auto and especially the ones that civilians own although bushmasters are very easy to convert if you know what i mean

Yeah, I'm actually dreading the day they start introducing actual civilian rifles that aren't odd-ball rustic looking ones, and people start screaming about "too many military rifles".

Most of the rifles people have trouble with (sniper rifles) can be purchased by civilians or have very close civilian counter-parts. Really, aside from fully automatic weapons (including 3 round burst) and explosive weapons, there aren't any "military" weapons.

I dunno it's just becuase of the name i'm guessing i rather see my rifle called AK-47 instead of AKM.

AK-47 is the incorrect name, it would just be called AK.

AKM makes more sense, and The AK has nothing over the AKM.

I just do not understand why people want the AK.

So the guns feel older? Original AK guns are probably almost collectors type stuff.

Most you will find will probably be Chinese copies.

With all of its barrel shudder, loose fit parts, and close distance between both front and rear sights, it would just be a terrible pick over the AKM, which is miles ahead in tech and performance.

Don't forget infinite durability.

AK-47 forever!

Yeah, I'm actually dreading the day they start introducing actual civilian rifles that aren't odd-ball rustic looking ones, and people start screaming about "too many military rifles".

Most of the rifles people have trouble with (sniper rifles) can be purchased by civilians or have very close civilian counter-parts. Really, aside from fully automatic weapons (including 3 round burst) and explosive weapons, there aren't any "military" weapons.

their military weapons to most people cause it looks like their choice of gun in COD :P but hopefully on the bright side people will have the desire to look them up and learn some facts and get a general knolage

Don't forget infinite durability.

AK-47 forever!

AKM is pretty much built the same, and since guns only loose durability and reliability when more moving parts are added, I would say the fact that it is newer means that it is far more durable and reliable.