PinguAlmighty

What would you prefer?

61 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• Fast Zombies (I Am Legend)
    • Hoards of slow but hardy zeds (World War Z, book, not that shitty movie)

What would you prefer the zeds to be like?
Those crazy nightmare inducing ones like from I Am Legend

Or hoards upon hoards of roaming, slow but relentless zeds like from World War Z

Personally I would choose the slow ones, having a hoard of zeds on your tail at night while exhausted and slowing would make the game that much more intense, but I doubt that this will be implemented due to the physical demands of rendering and controlling that many zeds, so what is your opinion?

Slow and hardy ! But if they do this, should be with increased numbers or they would be no challenge.

Thing is, DayZ's zombies aren't from Hollywood.

So are they going to make zombies that completely break every stereotype about zombies? Gonna make hopping zombies?

Huzzah! A great step forward in the zombie rights movement.

The Zed in WWZ were not slow, when they  seen someone they went into a frenzy very similar to "I am legend". They were just a crazy as I am legend.

Good poll though, will be good to see the results when more people respond.

Cheers.

True, but they were slow enough to outrun at a slow jog, just relentless.
And i'd imagine that yes, they would need to add a LOT more zombies if they are slow.

I think the 28 days later of zombies is the best. Violent, fast, full of rage. Scary as fuck and something you won't fuck with easily. 

Slow lumbering zombies aren't really a threat, or scary. They allow you too much time to think. They basically, pose less of a challenge. 

I'd still love to see hoards though. 

• Like 1

Hordes of slow and hardy zombies with limited player stamina imo

Edited by kawa_
  • Like 1

Id prefer hoards of slow moving zeds but im not sure they will get to the point they can produce actual hoards ( god i hope i am wrong) and by that i mean hundreds in cities with roaming hoards of 50 or more ya know hoards lol ...

So i guess the option i want isnt covered and that is portray them as acurately as you can while making them a challenge which may mean faster zeds with a lower count. I could think of nothing worse than a good realistic zed but not in numbers that would the challenge realistic...

• Like 1

Should elaborate, by slow, i dont mean meandering zeds, i mean moving at a pace akin to a jogging human, or a tad slower than the current zeds but more of them.

Should elaborate, by slow, i dont mean meandering zeds, i mean moving at a pace akin to a jogging human, or a tad slower than the current zeds but more of them.

LOL i got that from the idea they are human infected zeds not the classic shambling but even as human infected they would wear down getting slower with the odd one fresh enough to sprint and shock you.. But honestly if they cant keep up with you then numbers need to be off a level that they could trap you ..

I prey the devs can pull those numbers but i just dont see it but ill wait till more optimization is done and see how they go.. I merely ment if you cant get the numbers to trap the zeds need some way to be challenging be it speed be it huge damage be it big chance of infected wounds from them  be it good placement so they can catch you by surprise ( eg hide them in rooms of a house up stairs etc hide them laying down in piles of fake scenery bodies till you come close something to give them pow factor.

Dayz with a limp Z factor would be less than i hope for but i have faith in the devs they will surprise me....

How about both? If the option of players turning into zombies after dying is added, then maybe after a certain amount of time of living as a slow zombie; they can develop into one of the fast ones similar to The Last of Us.

How about both? If the option of players turning into zombies after dying is added, then maybe after a certain amount of time of living as a slow zombie; they can develop into one of the fast ones similar to The Last of Us.

The developers said that dead players will not reanimate as zombies since, I don't know, they are dead? They are not the undead, people, these are living, infected persons.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zbsks/psa_the_zombies_arent_dead_theyre_infected_living/

Can you give us a third option? Both doesn't represent well the zombies in the game. It's more like the 28 Days Later concept of infected.

Also, I prefer the fast zombies, but the option from I Am Legend seems a bit, extreme. Those "zombies" have super-natural abilities and they have intelligence. 

Edited by AntonioAJC

I want ghost zombies that pay no attention to walls and appear out of thin air..

wait... 

I voted for second option. That plus attracting zombies by things such as knocking on the walls etc could bring a great aspect to the game, you could use the stupid zombies to your advantage and even kill with them.

Hoards of fast, hardy zombies is the obvious option here

Edited by pjano

Well anything better than current placeholder zombies as you can circle around them and they'll do nothing to you at all due to their brain can't process it lol.

In all seriousness, i prefer the second one but would do good with both of it as well all together. But adding crawlers would be also a great idea , i.e shoot the zombie from legs and that will slow him down or take the leg off of zombie with a Mosin or close range shotgun shot and they'll crawl then basically headshot him to kill or forget about headshots only as some people going mad about it.

Just make them more hard to kill as takes more TTK to kill.

But would love too see new physics and ragdoll in placed really and able to detach the limbs. (COD World at War zombies)

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

Hordes of slow and hardy zombies with limited player stamina imo

Beans for the limited stamina!

Out of interest why does the OP not put the caveat for both poll options (shit movie, excellent book) as anyone who has read the Matheson classic story will know it is head and shoulders above the Hollywood dirge fest that was served up.

Slower than people hordes would get my vote.

Also, I prefer the fast zombies, but the option from I Am Legend seems a bit, extreme. Those "zombies" have super-natural abilities and they have intelligence.

In the movie you got the feeling that they were zombies because that was the popular thing. In the book that movie was based around, unless my memory fails big time, they were vampires. Which explains the intelligence and why they don't like the sun. Edited by hellcane