ozvooky

2 Things that should be implemented ASAP

Is it too much to ask that that particular crusade remains in the morass of hate/debate threads it belongs to? I mean, yeah, I get you're all passionate about it, but all of you, on both sides, need to get that the rest of the playerbase isn't contributing because they don't care.

haha thats your dayz community

-wants latest state of the art US Military weapons

-says GPS and minimaps are unrealistic

:facepalm:

and the teleport idea is really bad.......but i like the minimap idea

• Like 3

Ok, hopefully different types of maps are added. Maybe ones that show locations of certain buildings, mountains ect

You can add your own marks onto the map and notes to each mark. you can zoom in for proper placement. I like the minimal style the game has now. A compass, findable maps (frequency of drop may need adjusted and/or locations of drops outside of gas stations but they should be a highly valued item so very rare). It's a survival game and I love having to use actual survival skills like the sun and compass and a simple map.

My answer: maps need to be spawned more. No minimaps or anything like that. Using skill to find ure way makes it tough but fun to do. Ive been playing for almost a month and ive never found a map.

Teleporting, i think would take from the excitement of finally finding ure allies. And when they die it matters more if they take a while to meet up with again. Maybe choosing east or south coast spawn point would b a good compromise.

I dont like the way the ingame map is divided into pieces.

Navigating is hard enough without adding another mini puzzle game.

Just give us piles of complete maps at the gas stations.

Maps (apart from handy to start a fire with) are not critical to locals surviving Z apocalypse and should therefor be plenty.

Teleporting will never be a feature in this game unless you can demonstrate teleportation irl.

I'd actually argue that they are critical, mgc - navigation, getting away from/to towns and other lootable locations would be a critical factor in survivor mortality, particularly in the early stages. The people with the maps are going to have a much easier time surviving than those who do not.

• Like 1

You can add your own marks onto the map and notes to each mark. you can zoom in for proper placement. I like the minimal style the game has now. A compass, findable maps (frequency of drop may need adjusted and/or locations of drops outside of gas stations but they should be a highly valued item so very rare). It's a survival game and I love having to use actual survival skills like the sun and compass and a simple map.

I guess some server admins haven't realized that server time and the sun should match. I go on a server showing 13:25, and its night... (that's sad, Admin).. they maybe mean its 01:25

At sunrise the shadows point West

At noon the shadows point North

At sunset the shadows point East

its not complicated. If you had an ingame analog watch you could use it as a compass for more accurate direction finding (I guess one will show up soon). But knowing server time, or at least server time when you log on, you can tell your direction from the sun. Even not knowing the time, you can orient pretty well just by estimation. You get to know the map bit by bit; remember landmarks; notice how far you go when you run for 10 minutes.. that kind of stuff works. If you're really lost go East to reach the coast.

Anyone checked which way the clouds move in SA ?? hmm?

• Like 1

I'd actually argue that they are critical, mgc - navigation, getting away from/to towns and other lootable locations would be a critical factor in survivor mortality, particularly in the early stages. The people with the maps are going to have a much easier time surviving than those who do not.

I assumed the locals that died or ran away from the apocalypse already knew their environment and had limited use for local maps, hence there being loads around for us newcommers (who shipwrecked?) who have no clue about the environment and to whom maps are indeed useful.

Edited by mgc

Hey guys, Ive played Day Z standalone with my friends for a while now on some servers and we all experienced some really annoying things. 

1. Ingame Mini Map: This will be extremely helpful! Its extremely important to know where you are in the game so you can try to find a shopping mall or whatever, and finding a map is very difficult. Also, when I try to find my friends, it takes up to an hour as we have no idea where we are. Also, friends that are in the same server as you should be highlighted on the map.

2. Teleportation to friends. It takes so long to find your friends in the game! You should be able to TP to them with a command, but they have to be in the same server as you. Also, there will be a 5 minute cooldown and you have to wait 15 seconds after you enter the command to actually teleport. Also, if someone is near you, you will be unable to teleport. This will prevent people TPing to their friends if theyre about to die.

So what are your guys' thoughts on this? I think they will be extremely helpful and yea 

-Ozvooky :)

TELEPORTATION AND MINI MAP?!

this isnt CALL OF DUTY ITS A SURVIVAL SIMULATOR. WE WILL NEVER AGREE TO SUCH THINGS AND THIS IS INSULTING THE WHOLE GAME!

teleportation and mini map... haha

No and no. I find maps all over the place, but I just leave them because I find them useless. I am new to the game, I didn't play the mod and I have around 100 hours on SA. I know most of the map already and I just use the sun to get my direction.

for your first point if you need a map take your phone and download izurvive app this way you will able to enjoy a map while maintaining the difficulty of navigating which is a huge part of this game

for your second point it would be irresponsible for the team of dayz  to implement a teleportation option it would go against everything the game is about   

As for the first suggestion i could take it or leave it. Personally i would rather not see a mini map, I like to aimlessly wonder on occasion.

And for the second suggestion, just no. A TP system like that really just doesnt fit into the play style of DayZ in any way.

A possibly Idea would be to put bus stops throughout the cities and major roads. Each stop could have a small bulletin board with a map on it and star on the map saying, "you are here". Could really help new players get a feel for the map.  

No to both. The map really isn't hard to learn, just explore it more

Ignoring the teleport idea for obvious reasons

Looks like you never know what Simulator means..

about number 1 - There is going to be gps implemented soon... so no need minimap..

2- this is a simulator... maybe you can spawn somewhere else instead close to the coast.

I assumed the locals that died or ran away from the apocalypse already knew their environment and had limited use for local maps, hence there being loads around for us newcommers (who shipwrecked?) who have no clue about the environment and to whom maps are indeed useful.

One would assume, if the map was realistically scaled, yes. But think of it this way... realistically, towns - even small ones - are much bigger than those found in DayZ. And most people would never have need to go more than one or two towns over in their daily lives.

You do know the game is a simulator ??

Magic eyeballs floating above me letting me see around corners tells me otherwise

Ok guys, so I take it you dont like the ideas :S

But I think that a minimap would be really helpful, I am never able to find a map in-game which really annoys me.

what the fuck

Yeah I understand that #2 would be too unrealistic. Also, where is the changelog for the game (list of upcoming features and fixed bugs)? Also, how about instead of having to find multiple pieces to craft the map, you find a map as a final item, so that there is no need to find the multiple pieces. 

Maybe there could also be torn maps that rarely spawn, like they would be a normal map but only 1/2 of the map would show because its torn?

what the fuck

Your comment is literally useless. If your going to comment on a topic, at least provide some relevant feedback or explain why the suggestion shouldnt be implemented. Jesus....

Personally I'm not much in for these ideas, but can understand the wish for them.

I just love the fact that there's hardly anything visible on the screen besides what your characters eyes see.

Less menus and such visible, the better the immersion imo!

The excitement and confusion of getting lost and then slowly getting more familiar with certain areas each time,

to me is a very big part of the enjoyment i get from DayZ.

Started making a  "map" on multiple pieces of old newspapers (preferably in adds that have blanco spaces in them)

just for the P.A. feeling of it all.

Also I'm not in a rush to get full geared up atm, I'm just happy when i find at least a bagpack and some food.

The way I play garantees me that i wont be bored easily for allready knowing how it all works withing the very first few hours spend,

Does make it a more realistic experience then games where there's minimaps and loots to be found around each corner.

Takes effort and patience, thats something that cant be said for many other games imo, which feel like playing a speeded up musicvideo imo, nice probably for those who hardly have any real attentionspan, but we old folks like slower stuff (i do at least ....)

Ok guys, so I take it you dont like the ideas :S

But I think that a minimap would be really helpful, I am never able to find a map in-game which really annoys me.

You are basically looking for this:

red-win-button-thumb22980098.jpg

Like others said: This is not the game you're looking for.