remesama

Im at my breaking point

I've only played for 2 hours and i can tell you this i am paranoid this game does its magic all right

it gets you reallllllly edgyyyy and im at my breaking point of where i am afraid to play the game anymore i know 2 hours isn't a long time but jesus christ this game will turn you into a madman! The first person i saw my hands were already shaking

The first zombie i saw it scared the sh**t out of me i might not come back im such a p**sy HAHAHA

• Like 19

Many of the people who have a lot of hours in the mod, and now the standalone as well, would kill for that feeling of fear again!

• Like 9

If it makes you feel any better.  The first time somebody shot at me I nearly had a heart attack and my hands flew away from the keyboard and mouse.  Now I'm really jumpy with any sound I hear :/

Many of the people who have a lot of hours in the mod, and now the standalone as well, would kill for that feeling of fear again!

Yeah that's what i experienced the first days of playing the mod before the other mods came out and before KoS was a problem. No hatchet and i really wanted to know if the small industrial ahead of me had loot i could use but a zed was inside breathing heavily...then it came out and i ran for felt hours to get rid of it.

Got the pulse going for a second yesterday. Was on a hardcore server, 20 people online, started out at night. Ran all the way from Solnichniy to NW of the NW Airfield. It was day when I got there and thought I would eat up and get healthy while taking a break in the forest for the first time in a couple of hours. When healthy, I was out of food and decided to go down to the construction site south of Lopatino to find some and perhaps some ammo for my double-barreled rifle. I was lucky and was going down the stairs from the top floor when I saw an axe lying on the stabled bricks, I've missed on the way up. While checking it out to see if it was in better shape than the current one I had, I got shot down from behind with an M4. When I checked the server lying dead, there was only 3 people online, including myself. Whats the odds for that to happen? :P

It just shows that you can never be safe anywhere in Chernarus!

I played the mod all of 2012 and zombies never scared me...they were so clunky i just laughed and jumped when i heard gun shots.

I've only played for 2 hours and i can tell you this i am paranoid this game does its magic all right

it gets you reallllllly edgyyyy and im at my breaking point of where i am afraid to play the game anymore i know 2 hours isn't a long time but jesus christ this game will turn you into a madman! The first person i saw my hands were already shaking

The first zombie i saw it scared the sh**t out of me i might not come back im such a p**sy HAHAHA

Enjoy it!

The first time I played the game, I ran through a small village near my spawning point, found nothing and then heard a zombie screech.

I ran into the first house and sat there in a corner for ten minutes, scared shitless while hearing the zombie noise again and again.

It took me some time to find out that the short zombie growls where coming from rabbits in the area. ;)

But the adrenalin from seeing your first actual zombie while having no weapon or seeing your first player, getting shot at for the first time and such, the paranoia you get when you find your first good items on a airfield and suddenly realize you have to lose something... it is a rush. It's pretty sweet! :)

My experience: I was not scared when I encounter a zombie or unarmed player, but when someone starts to shot, it just used to make me jump, let's just say that you get used to it :)

When it comes to my first "life" in DayZ, I basically starved to death, was hilarious :D

And when I encounter people now I rarely panic, coz I know if you panic you die (or get lucky and survive)

Edited by Electriq

Yep - those first few lives playing the Mod were the most intense experiences i have ever had in a video game.

• Like 2

first time i played and i shot someone, i was shaking and shit, now its no problem.

I'm a mega wimp wouldn't have chosen DayZ if the survival aspect wasn't there cos I hate zombies. When I first encountered a zed i decided to tackle it and see what punching did, nothing to lose. Died.

Last time I got shit scarred I exited a building in one of the cities turned to the right to walk, i immediatly saw someone backed up to the wall with a mask and rifle, it didnt move straight away but i ran for it, looked back as i zig zagged away and saw 2 figures. I couldnt tell if it was a player and a zed or 2 zeds. But I was definitely shouting swear words.

It's players that move a lot and equip their weps near me I'm scared of.

Yep - those first few lives playing the Mod were the most intense experiences i have ever had in a video game.

I miss that feeling :(

First time I went scavenging I opened a door and there was a Zed right on the other side (My volume was down so I didn't hear him). I'm not proud of my reaction.

I can only remember two, maybe three other games which made me genuinely scared. DayZ SA trumps all of them. I mean, damn, I already have about 50 hours on record and still I act like a scared chipmunk when having to go through a town or worse, when I see another armed player. Zombies don't scare me so much unless I suddenly stumble upon one while opening a door or exiting a building, like Pvt_Larry said.

But you know what they say... It's one thing to believe everyone's out to get you, quite another when it's actually true.

I'm sure gonna miss this feeling once I get a couple of hundred hours on record...

Sticks and stones may break my bones but these god damn sounds SCARE ME

Edited by TedZ

I can hardly play this game alone, because I have this itching feeling that someone, or something, is 2 inches behind me, breathing down my neck.

(Didn't Metro 2033 call this tunnel syndrome, where you're constantly looking behind you even in safety?)  

• Like 2

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've played for nearly 250 hours and I only try to play on medium to high pop-servers.  When approaching any town, from Zeleno, Stary, or even MCTA, my heart rate kicks up like my CPU when playing this game.  I swear its going to kill me. And when I see another human, my god, I swear my windows rattle as my heart thunders.  Joining a team helps out a lot, as more eyes to spot equal more warning time and better organization.

But Zombies never scare me anymore, especially since I learned that stupid gamma/brightness trick for night.  If only flashlights were guaranteed to get you killed, then I'd keep them at normal settings.  Playing with a flashlight is really awesome, but not when everyone has Riddick eyes.

Maybe I'm just a little edgy to begin with, but this game still gets my ticker pounding.

• Like 3

Once gear is more scarce and zombies more numerous and dangerous prepare yourself to have even more difficulty doing EVERYTHING in the game without sweaty palms :D

When I first started playing, I got stress headaches from the intensity of:

1) zombies chasing me

2) running into ax-wielding players

3) being TOTALLY lost

and...

4) my hunger bar slowly turning from orange to red as I ran with cans of beans in my pockets and no way to open them.

Got the pulse going for a second yesterday. Was on a hardcore server, 20 people online, started out at night. Ran all the way from Solnichniy to NW of the NW Airfield. It was day when I got there and thought I would eat up and get healthy while taking a break in the forest for the first time in a couple of hours. When healthy, I was out of food and decided to go down to the construction site south of Lopatino to find some and perhaps some ammo for my double-barreled rifle. I was lucky and was going down the stairs from the top floor when I saw an axe lying on the stabled bricks, I've missed on the way up. While checking it out to see if it was in better shape than the current one I had, I got shot down from behind with an M4. When I checked the server lying dead, there was only 3 people online, including myself. Whats the odds for that to happen? :P

It just shows that you can never be safe anywhere in Chernarus!

I was on a server with just me and another guy, i got killed in electro, then again in the north east airfield. then again in the south west military base... all by the same guy, haha 200+km to roam and i see the same guy 3 times in a few hours

That is why I do it. The game speaks to me

I was on a server with just me and another guy, i got killed in electro, then again in the north east airfield. then again in the south west military base... all by the same guy, haha 200+km to roam and i see the same guy 3 times in a few hours

You must be the girl on that pic?

Edited by Highlander007