alleycat

Neutral safe zones that physically prevent combat

No, please no. Not in DayZ SA. (there's already some DayZ mods like Epoch that have safezones with vendors/NPC in them. Until they add those to the stand alone, I don't want safezones...)

If this put into consideration than the only place that you can log in and log out of the game is from this safe zone and once you leave the safe zone, there is a safe radius before you can open fire.

This will not be taken into consideration. Shite idea. 

• Like 1

Look guys in the end there are a few facts:

Fact #1: Not everyone is unfriendly, those experiences exist without Safe Zones
Fact #2: Safe Zones have been tried in other versions of the Mod. They do not appear to make interactions between players any more friend or any less. Mostly they let players go to NPC traders and turn spare gear into different gear without getting sniped in the middle of their trade.

BTW, I don't play on those servers anymore, I found them WORSE with more annoying and abusive players than those that have no safe zones around traders and safety is enforced by players. 

• Like 2

I love the WE ARE NOT WARZ crowd.  You realize that this game is VERY close to WarZ right?

KOS is the only real play style

You have to eat / drink

There are campers everywhere in high traffic areas, regardless of if it's a safe zone or not

I could go on, but I really get a chuckle out of the WE ARE NOT WARZ nubs.  If you'd played both, you'd realize they're extremely similar.

Blasphemy!!!! warz is crappy game developed by crappy devs that tried to capitalize

on the dayz mod sucess, somebody stone this heathen.

Edited by Kumando

No, please no. Not in DayZ SA. (there's already some DayZ mods like Epoch that have safezones with vendors/NPC in them. Until they add those to the stand alone, I don't want safezones...)

Epoch by default has ZERO safe zones. We do not like safe zones and feel players should clear the area and control it. It's up to the server admin to add care bear zones.

• Like 1

Why don't you get a group together and make one yourself?

I think this is the real answer. Because it creates so much more of a deep experience for everyone.

4 guys on security at the perimeter, two guys secure peoples weapons when they come in. Two people to handle the trade. And a guy or two on patrol in the camp. Suddenly you have the oppetunity to create an experience. Instead of some bullshit town scenario where people change their nature because of where they are standing.

Ya its not going to be easy, but nothing worth doing ever is.

Two things would cause me to walk away from the game

Safe zones

Safe storage

To the OP ... get off the damn computer if you wanna socialize

Two things would cause me to walk away from the game

Safe zones

Safe storage

To the OP ... get off the damn computer if you wanna socialize

:facepalm:

omg iam suprised this is still open.......serious, no one can complain the mods dont give us enough freedom :lol:

its sad & funny to see the "CON" Safezone guys mostly only insult or threw some phrases around which makes no sense at all :rolleyes:

you see guys like this

GTFO of this forum you filthy WarZ playing hobo loving son of a bitch. If I ever catch you suggesting this shit in this forum again I will troll your ass in game till the end of time DIAF

:facepalm:

well again sofar did not a single person brought up a real reason why it would be a bad idea.........

99% seem to be made up

so it would really brake your fragile self esteem if the devs would implement a safe zone in the size of 5kmx5km max? if so than you really play the wrong game.

Oh you say Realism would get hurt?

Hmmm...i can survive days without eating/drinking, and a Can of food would fill me pretty up :unsure:  i can use tons of stuff as a weapon and i cant run for 20km straight :blink:

sadly i even cant fly a Helicopter or AIrplane :o ..........

1. I never played warz, I only heard from others that it is kind of bad.

2. Even if it is bad, having designated safezones even if the idea is poorly materialized does not mean the idea sucks.

I think for the long term, having different "game modes" would be great and frankly needed to keep the game fresh for probably a lot of long time players. It would make sense realistically, or could depending on the world Dean finalizes, that settlements would prop up full of fathers, mothers, elderly, children, disabled people, etc trying to grow crops, trade, provide security, support each other,  etc. This could allow for different types of gameplay, and all perfectly realistic. It could be a trading area. They could give small missions. There could be a Wanted: board for vigilantes, etc, etc.

If you just left them without a safe zone, teenagers would just shoot them/blow them up, run them over, for fun since of course it is just a computer game, ruining the experience for the players playing immersed in the game..

You guys need to face the fact that the 99.99% of drop-of-the-hat violence that takes place every second in DayZ is not realistic. Retaining ALL the PVP, while adding in THE ADDITION of realistic peaceful encounters sounds just fine to me as long as its done well.

Edited by Thane

GTFO of this forum you filthy WarZ playing hobo loving son of a bitch. If I ever catch you suggesting this shit in this forum again I will troll your ass in game till the end of time DIAF

I like homeless/disabled people, got a problem with me? The fuck is your problem.

Btw, homeless people are why i know the violence in this game wouldn't pan out in real life. The sheer number of times i've heard of a homeless person turning in $10,000, $20,000, $100,000, $500,000+ someone lost in a brief case is proof positive a zombie apocalypse |= pantsless Vietnam that is DayZ.

There should be a safe zone that physically prevents players from being hostile. Like for example there could be a small area at the edge of the map that provides a safe place to meet people. Players could still be able to attack people leaving that place but at least there would be some non violent interaction.

It would allow players to meet, form groups, trade.

Obviously the immersion fundamentalists will hate on this because they hate everything but the advantages of such a place would outweigh concerns of it being too gamey. Because the current fundamentalist "no rules" skews the gameplay towards pure shoot on sight which is not realistic because in the real world people would have the need for socializing in the apocalypse or go insane (excepf for a few people that can survive alone)

I don't really like the idea of this, soon as I spawn I want to feel like am always on edge. Even with the "safe" trading zones, if you want a safe trading zone, just go some where else which is random and where people will not go on mass and not near a City/Town. This is what I normal do, when trading now with people that I know 100%!

See the issue is that I am getting bored of

1. Spawn

2. Beeline to next airfield

3. Gear up

4. Bee line back to berezino

5. sneak up on new spawns

Obviously you guys already travel in large clan groups using TS and have no need for socializing. But fact is the game is seriously lacking any form of socializing with players you dont know. Because risking my hours/days worth of loot against the slim chance of small talk with someone is a shitty bet. And this lack of social interaction except for 500 million torture tools rocked adds regularly  is just as unrealistic as a HUD in your face all the time. Because in real life people have the need to socialize at some point. And the game is not modeling that.

So you want to talk to someone without them being able to do stuff to you.

You know there's stuff like Hello Kitty Online and Second Life that caters to your '3D chatroom' needs, right?

well again sofar did not a single person brought up a real reason why it would be a bad idea.........

So, "I have played on servers with safe zones and have found the interaction the OP is thinking will take place doesn't." isn't a real reason?

So, "I have played on servers with safe zones and have found the interaction the OP is thinking will take place doesn't." isn't a real reason?

That is factually and empiricall not true. Other games have safezones, notably EVE. It actually has exactly that situation where you can feel safe in high sec space and trade but the second you fly to low sec it is the jungle. And the only reason that actually enforces it are sentry AI guns and space cops that shoot down offenders near jump gates.

Proof that safezones do work

Oh great. So you want WarZ? Not a chance. The community wont give into such nonsense. We like to keep our game hardcore. That's what attracts the masses, a challenge.

Warz has M4 rifles. Dayz has M4 rifles. Warz sucks, therefore dayz sucks as bad

Except the various reasons I brought up back on page 5. You know, like how the idea of safe zones completely goes against DayZ being hard and unforgiving? And that a 5km wide strip up the side of the map where weapons don't work for whatever reason not only knocks off a third of the playable area but totally breaks immersion? Reducing that down to a 5km square doesn't fix anything either.

so it would really brake your fragile self esteem if the devs would implement a safe zone in the size of 5kmx5km max? if so than you really play the wrong game.

Yes, clearly it would be my self esteem (which is soooo influenced by the content of games I play) that would be affected by the mods implementing a safe zone rather than... oooh, I don't know, my desire to play the game.  :rolleyes:

Honestly, some of the arguments made here are pulled straight out of a rabbit's hat magician's arse.

Retaining ALL the PVP, while adding in THE ADDITION of realistic peaceful encounters sounds just fine to me as long as its done well.

A realistic peaceful encounter is one where you and your friends provide security. Not one where your standing in a green box that makes you invincible.

Go ahead and try to trade with a drug cartel IRL, let me know how peaceful that turns out to be.

OK one last time with no sugar coating on it, the devs have no intent on making a safe zone it is a idea that has been tried in the mod has been tried in other survival games and guess what they failed to get  decent results most people complain they take away from the game.

So in light of there never being a safe zone you have 3 choices really. 1 create a player kept safe zone ( as the devs would intend us to do ) this will needed to be guarded to keep it safe as in real life.....

2 wait till game is completed and modding is allowed and then someone maybe yourself will mod in a safe zone ( its not a hard mod to make honestly they have done it in many variation mods of the mod dayz..

3 If 1 or 2 are not good enough then there are other survivour game options for you to play such as nether and warz(infestation survivour stories) both have safe zones ( well they do currently who can tell forr fututre cause they both open to change in development and the safe zones are one of the most complained about parts ( pretty much equal to the KOS complaints)

In conclusion please you want a 5 by 5km area safe zone so around 20% of the map set aside for you why ???? because your un able, not imaginative, resourcefull enough to create authentic natural interactions as the devs want in a authentic gritty survival game. Doesnt make much sense does it......

Edited by SoulFirez

See the issue is that I am getting bored of

Play the game cautiously.  You will sometimes get shot, but sometimes you can meet other friendly people and team up with them.  Together you guys can stake out a patch of woods, or part of a town, and protect each other while some of you loot.  That IS the game, in forming friendships in spite of the danger, not removing the danger to form them.

Edited by Six_Ten