sniperdoc

VoIP hack?

Seems there is a hack out there that allows players to broadcast over the comms regardless of distance from individuals... :(

Had someone come over comms even though I was out in the middle of nowhere and say "I see you..." Was no one around for miles... :(

• Like 1

Seems there is a hack out there that allows players to broadcast over the comms regardless of distance from individuals... :(

Had someone come over comms even though I was out in the middle of nowhere and say "I see you..." Was no one around for miles... :(

Or maybe you "think" nobody was around for miles.

• Like 3

haha i bet that scared the shit out of you man. did you logout afterwards?

• Like 1

Or that it's possibly an issue relating to the network bubble; players around the proximity of the bubble could probably cause the issue of hearing others even though the distance is greater than it actually is. This also relates to things such as hearing sodas being opened, drinking sound effects and such.

• Like 2

I had this happen to me before, I heard a robbery and he was saying near the northeast airfield, though I was in Cherno. Same thing happens to me :/

• Like 1

You can still use dc while logging in an it broadcasts, nothing consistent that I've noticed but been able to get some responses from my "meow!" when logging in.

Or that it's possibly an issue relating to the network bubble; players around the proximity of the bubble could probably cause the issue of hearing others even though the distance is greater than it actually is. This also relates to things such as hearing sodas being opened, drinking sound effects and such.

This.

I've had this happen a few times when spawning in. Relogging has always fixed it for me. Usually if it happens in the beginning, I'll be hearing the same guy every time he meets somebody lol. Freaked me the hell out a few times, I'm in the middle of searching Svetlo trying to talk to some guy who's somewhere across the map.

You can still use dc while logging in an it broadcasts, nothing consistent that I've noticed but been able to get some responses from my "meow!" when logging in.

yeah i have found occasionally when some one logs in there chat goes global havent heard it for a while and cant say i have had the op situation lol

Bet it scared the hell out of you ....

• Like 1

No this is for sure a thing.  I was in a server the other night where somebody was playing music across the whole damn thing.  Was pretty annoying.  Dude even said to text some number with music requests. Pretty stupid to give out your phone number like that, and worse if it wasn't really his number.  That tells me he wasn't only able to spam voice globally, but chat messages.

In any case I didn't think to just figure out who it was and mute them, I just bailed from the server.   It did scare the hell out of me initially though.

Is there an admin feature exposed to server admins to do that sort of thing?

Edited by Shakes
  • Like 1

There is a hack (as my dumb buddie used it) that lets you listen to direct chat regardless of distance but it is directional so you have to face them. They did get banned in the last battle eye round up but maybe there is a new one?

• Like 1

I was watching a stream yesterday where someone was using this. They were in Elektro and someone named Admin was claiming to be in Balota but was still chatting with them and playing music globally. I don't think this was the admin of the server, however considering they joined multiple servers and the guy followed them.

It was kind of funny watching them jump and flip out when he was playing a "Nuclear launch in 2 minutes" message and an air raid siren.

• Like 1

Definitely for certain it was not anyone around me. It was low pop and I was in a huge field with no one around. Pretty much many km's away from anywhere people would want to be.

And definitely was NOT a walkie talkie, because the sound level never changed when I ran. It was always the same level.

And yes... I almost sharted. "Oh F*ck! Oh F*ck!" After I ran what seemed like a km, looking around, I didn't see anyone and just logged.

I don't know if it's that "bubble" that was mentioned either. Most of those sounds are usually subdued (like they're off in the distance), so wouldn't that mean the voip would be as well?

Edited by sniperdoc

It's a hack for sure, but I haven't seen any in a while, might be a new one who knows. You used to see it a lot watching streams. They would play loud ass bomb sirens, music, ect. globally.

I'm pretty sure there also is/was a bug that could cause something like this, but I'm not sure if the person would actually know it was happening to them. A week or two ago I was playing and could hear someone that was doing a stream. The voice sounded like it was right next to me the whole time and the guy seemed like he was in Cherno from what i could tell and I was around Green Mountain. I had to switch servers because it was so annoying.

I haven't had anything like this happen in a while, not even the random chat i used to get when people logged in on a server.

Sometimes dumb admins accidentally switch to global. I've also heard it being bugged out before and happening randomly rather than a hack.

Ignore the naysayers here. It is a hack, of sorts.

Not only that someone did it to Rocket during one of his streams.

I remember running on the south coast (like right on the beach) going west and for several miles I heard some douche on VOIP holding people up and threatening to kill them... was like that for about 10 minutes of sprinting, so I doubt he was actually near me.  I hope to fuck that this doesn't become a problem or assholes will ruin the playing experience with music, screaming or other shit for everyone to hear. 

Or the admin logged in and used global?

We've been dealing with this issue on one of our servers. Anything the devs can do to combat this? Its annoying to our community.

Please create a new topic and change your Admin-Password, as this post's rather old.

• Like 1