Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Depth

Will they make any of the zombies faster than us?

That would be great if they did.  It would make being in town a little more terrifying, especially if you're alone. 

I hope so!, at least some of them. They do already have different run speeds so I guess they will play with the speed when that pathing and collision is sorted :)

• Like 1

May be more effective when they do the intended stamina system ( weight plus health effects stamina) be great to pull away from a zed a bit then start to get tired but zed dont (damn i have to turn and face the music.....

They should implement those hopping zombies from the mod and make them faster then you, but make them unable to climb over fences and obstacles so they have to go around those, giving you some time to run and gain some distance. 

And military zombies can be slower but tougher etc.

When they remove the silly "fists up shaolin sprint" and add weight and encumbrance effects I reckon so.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

Yeah that's a good point. Man, just think about when the actual game is released, how different it will be to what it's like now.  Only a few of us will be like "I remember back in the ol' days(alpha), we could run for miles and not get tired.  Heck, your uncle joe and me would run from Elektro up to Berezino without stopping once because we were tired. Good times back then, good times."

Answer to the OP:

Unknown by now. Probably.

May be more effective when they do the intended stamina system ( weight plus health effects stamina) be great to pull away from a zed a bit then start to get tired but zed dont (damn i have to turn and face the music.....

^this.

And since falling damage is already computed (well..."computed"...there are some errors in it I think... ;)) according to the weight (as far as I have read it), I think chances are good that a stamina system or at least running speed that is slowed by the amount of things you carry will be made..

imo Z should be slow but relentless (classic Z-style). You should be able to avoid confrontation if you play it smart, but if you make a mistake and, lets say, build a fire in the wrong part of town, you will find yourself surrounded and have to fight your way out.

To ensure a healthy dose of carnage, players should be encouraged to stay in 1 place and draw attention to the area (base building). The advantages of having a base should marginally outway the hazzards that come with the territory. So not like you have to rebuild your entire base every time a zombie sneezes at it, but suppose theres a dirty dozen and you run out of ammo, your base might get trampled. (Grab the beans and run Forrest, run!)

I hope for more zombies but I dont want them to be faster..

When they remove the silly "fists up shaolin sprint" and add weight and encumbrance effects I reckon so.

They made you a lot slower at least in one of the last patches. 

They should add irradiated zombies and more exposed skinless ones like this little lovely guy

Fast zombies , no thanks they should be slow , infected could be quick but they would need to die off ( lack of food ) if they where included

They already did. It's on par with the normal sprinting speed, now.

Some should be faster than you...anything to make the zombies terrifying gets my vote.  Agroing a zombie should be the last thing you do in game, literally! (if you don't have a weapon)

Agroing a town full should mean your death 95% of the time no matter how well armed you are...(as a lone wolf)

Some should be faster than you...anything to make the zombies terrifying gets my vote.  Agroing a zombie should be the last thing you do in game, literally! (if you don't have a weapon)

Agroing a town full should mean your death 95% of the time no matter how well armed you are...(as a lone wolf)

"BRAINS........!!!! MOREEEE BRAINSSSSS!!!"

• Like 1

Perhaps we should test howmany Z a lone wolf can handle.

Volunteers?

That would be great if they did.  It would make being in town a little more terrifying, especially if you're alone. 

Im assuming if anything they will add in the feral zombies. Ones that run on all 4s like animals.

My best guess is down the road once all the other systems are in place, (limited sprint, exhaustion, and AI improvements) is that yes some, probably not all, will be faster than us.

I hope they don't make them much faster if at all. Considering the stamina system will slow you down. No. Zombies strengths are in numbers not speed. They're not cheetahs. They shouldn't even run at all but in this game it is okay..but too much faster it will ruin it.

1) More zombies

2) Faster zombies

These two options are not mutually exclusive, but I do feel that while faster zombies would be good for players once they are geared up it would cause a lot of problems for respawns and bambis. If they can somehow crowbar enough zombies in at one time then I think that would work better. Can you imagine going to even a small town, say Solnichniy, and disturbing one zombie that in turn disturbs another and within 10 seconds or so you have a horde of 20 or 30 zombies all screaming and running towards you even if they run at the same speed or slightly slower it would be a shit your pants level of fun.

To give a counter argument, you could argue that the military zombies being (presumably) fitter when they were infected they could run faster than you, but if that was the case they should be limited to military zones. 

• Like 1

I hope they don't make them much faster if at all. Considering the stamina system will slow you down. No. Zombies strengths are in numbers not speed. They're not cheetahs. They shouldn't even run at all but in this game it is okay..but too much faster it will ruin it.

This is a good point.  But again these aren't "walkers" and decaying zombies, they're infected people a la 28 Days Later style.

I hope not never. A rotten infected body shouldn't be able to outrun a "healthy" human! + It would be OP and annoying

Edited by TSAndrey

I agree completely with the poster above, a decayed rotting pile of human flesh with barely any instincts should never be able to outrun a perfectly healthy, even unhealthy human being. They both generate lactic acid therefore they both will get tired, regardless if they're the "living dead" or not

people with no weight (new spawns) can outrun them after a while out of town, people with a ton of gear (endgame kinda) cant outrun anymore due to weight, forced to fight zombies and use ammo.