Sign in to follow this  
WILCOXADAM98

You are Dead/Unconscious TOPIC.

As I said in other threads.

I was having the same problem, joining any server would get me in the loop of death.

The FIX i found on a forum and has worked for me: 

- change your filter to 1000ms

- find the highest ping server

Joining that slow server will make your char spawn correctly.

After that, just logoff & rejoin your regular server.

You buyed a game where the title says DO NOT BUY GAME IS EARLY ACCESS so you won`t get a refund i`m having the same problem like 2 days from now, i`m not crying about that.

sorry for beign rude, but sometimes i just have to..

Edited by zerox024
  • Like 1

Hey Guys,

I have already had a problem to connect myself on a server today. Yesterday, I had any problem to connect and played normally.
This morning I connected myself as usual and when I tried to join a server my avatar toke time to spawn and when I spawned I'm unconscious.

Is it normal? How can I solve this problem?

I kill my old avatar and tried to get a new one but I have already the same problem, I spawned unconscious or dead...

Thank you!

As I said in other threads.

I was having the same problem, joining any server would get me in the loop of death.

The FIX i found on a forum and has worked for me: 

- change your filter to 1000ms

- find the highest ping server

Joining that slow server will make your char spawn correctly.

After that, just logoff & rejoin your regular server.

i did that i just spawned in the middle of ocean :) lol

Set "DayZ GB" in your server name filters. Up your ping limit to 500 in the filters. Join anyone of the dayz gb servers. You will fresh spawn. If your ping is good you can play there for a bit or just wait a little while to ensure you are not dysyncing. Log off and join server of your choice, problem will be resolved. This is temporary, not sure why it works in these servers but it does.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Opt into the experimental build until the next stable build is released.

And hardly get to play at all due to packed servers and limited servers (like 4 packed servers).

Can you give me details on where you spawn, such as at a forest, a village, or a military base, for example? It always a good ideas to despawn at a safe place so no player can't attack you while your character sit in the ground for 30 seconds.

Happens to a mate who bought the game yesterday, couldn't even spawn in alive the first time playing the game. Exactly the same happens. Tried different stuff, once he got in to a random server and then back into ours, then he suicides and it started happening again, and since he has not been able to respawn.

Trying what lostence is saying now

• Like 1

It has been three days, bought the game on saturday and still i'm not able to play.

Tried everything suggested on the forum but nothing works.

The problem is when I join a server it won't let me spawn.

It just gives me a black screen with the message: please wait, 1,2,3 or, you are dead, you are unconscious.

I understand the game is in alpha but buying a game and not able to play it is just not worth €24!!

Fix it please, I just want to enjoy the game like others.

I disconnected few days ago in a police station and when I tried to connect me again, it take times and I was "unconscious"...
I decided to kill my avatar and to create a new one... But the problem was that when I tried to connect for the very first time (you know when you have only a lamp). My avatar was directly kill or unconscious, I think maybe I re-spawned in the sea... And after some attempt I succeed in connecting my correctly ;)

But for a while a had a problem to create a new avatar ...

I have merged 5 Topics all with the same Problem.

Listen and learn :

One Topic with many posts will draw attention and the Devs will take notice (I will bring it to their attention).
Many single post Topics will go unnoticed, nobody will care and the problem will not be looked into.

Use the Search Function or at least take the time to LOOK through the Forums before making a TOPIC.

• Like 1

I have merged 5 Topics all with the same Problem.

Listen and learn :

One Topic with many posts will draw attention and the Devs will take notice (I will bring it to their attention).

Many single post Topics will go unnoticed, nobody will care and the problem will not be looked into.

Use the Search Function or at least take the time to LOOK through the Forums before making a TOPIC.

Sorry about that. thank you!!

Hi,

As one poster, I specially registered here to add my vote in favor on solving this problem. I tried with a fresh profile (deleted my documents/dayz directory) normal/experimental build, normal/hardcore servers. Nothing changes. Either I spawn in water and then I go unconcious immediately or I'm stuck at "Please wait..." message. If I hit escape, I don't have the respawn option available.

Connecting to a high ping server solved the issue.

Regards.

Edited by kaslyb

HERE IS A FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME:

1.  Change your name from the main menu (bottom right corner)

2. change how your character looks (change clothing)

3. re-join whatever server you want

Hope it works! ^ - ^

Edited by gamerlink123

Happening to me also got stuck in you are dead and my character keeps resetting everytime my game crash 

Which servers are giving a good connection ?

You can find the details in My Docs/DayZ/username/Profile folder.

Look near end of file :

lastMPServer="188.138.74.119:2402";
lastMPServerName="DayZ DE 1-22 Hosted by MultiplayGameservers.com";

This server has given a clean connection after several failed attempts by one of my team mates.

I'm of the opinion that this is server side error, not a game problem.

Try connecting to different providers : Vilayers/Multiplay/ or other.

Might help, might not.

I just ran into a cat on steam having this issue tonight. I thought "respawn bug" was the whole point of the last emergency hotfix. Obviously, these things happen, but is the dev team aware that it wasn't really resolved for everyone?

Just had the same issue happen to me & a friend at the same exact time.

Tried the high ping server idea.. didn't work.  :(

Lost everything.  Had this 1st standing toon for almost 2 weeks... was doing a good job of staying safe & hunting spawn snipers.

Getting the unconscious/you are dead loop, please fix the major issues negating people playing the game at all before you work on making another different type of hat.......

Yup, there needs to be some kind of fix for this. I can't stand hardcore so at the moment the game is unplayable for me. Broke my leg and crawled into the sea to drown myself. Get 'you are dead' screen but can't respawn. When I exit and join a new server, I spawn deep in the water and instantly die. This is ridiculous. 

14 Feb 2014.

It's either You are dead or You are unconscious or Please wait. Previous to this, I got knocked unconscious by a zombie, then I rose up again just to immediately get knocked back down, and on and on.

Maybe I didn't try everything, but I have tried a lot. I understand it's an alpha but..

+1

I also have this problem.

I died from falling (tried to use the outside ladder on NE airfield watch tower)

When i tried respawning it go stuck on "please wait"

Then trying another server got me stuck on "you are unconsious"

It has been 8 hours since this problem occured now, without any change.

So

I left a server after looting for quite some time left my character in woods, no zeds nearby, one player on the server, 20 minutes later I come back, log onto server by the same provider, same region, I spawn unconscious, did I just had a luck of that player running into my sitting body or a random zed appearing or is it a bug ? 

If it helps I spawned in the sea ( You can faintly see where you are when unconscious when going into video menu) 

Edited by General Zod

Welp.....just bought this game and i've been searching around for similar issues and i've found people everywhere with the same issues......great, i feel like i wasted $30, i mean, i didn't because it will get fixed, but i was excited to play this, i just really hope the fixes don't take another month or two...and again, same problem as everyone else. i pick a server.....please wait.....you are unconcious..."alright here, let me hit every key i can, maybe one makes me wake up or something."....nothing......hit esc. go to respawn..........please wait.....you are dead......"well fuck me...lets try another server...". did that for about 15 servers till i gave up....i'm not upset, but i did just waste my time and prematurely spent money that i could've saved until this was fixed. a message on steam like *DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT TO PLAY NOW, YOU WILL NOT SPAWN.* would've been nice.

Oh don't worry, they are not EA games, serious issues are fixed fairly quickly.