Sign in to follow this  
Alex Leonhart

What is, or will be, the point of this game?

I did not play the original mod so i'm wondering what is the objective of this game? there is no levels, no score, no purpose, i got my character full loaded with stuff, i don't see the point of killing people if they did nothing to me, wich is the only thing i see going on on this game, i just don´t get it, what i'm missing?

To role play within DayZ.  I've found it from my experience -- since it's a sandbox game -- that finding clans/groups of people to team up with and do miscellaneous things was the most fun I had.  At this point the DayZ alpha may not be something that interests you if you're a new player, but if you do start playing I recommend you play with people that know what they are doing.

Edited by Lidskjalf

Surviving the environment and other players.

Exploring the new settlements and locations.

Seeing without being seen.

• Like 3

How long you survived? Beat this number.
It's all about surviving, interaction with players and getting better gear.
It´s a sandbox game, do what you want.

• Like 1

I already have the better gear, that's why looting is over to me, my character is alive for a long time and i just don´t see any miscellaneous things to do, meaby this game is not for me, wandering without nothing to do just seems pointless to me.

There will be more stuff to do later.  If you want to look at how one of the original mods was customized to do a lot more stuff, check out DayZ Epoch.

You can expect that at some point in the future something like Epoch will be available for the Standalone.

Be a hero. Go find Bambis, like ME, and help them. Or be a sadistic kidnapper who drains their victim's blood. Be a zombie slayer and continually be on patrol wiping them out. Hell, the possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

Survive. And, perhaps even more importantly, interact with people. Everyone, even those who don't actively roleplay, have their own history. Some are cold-blooded murderers, some are bandits, and some just try to survive (and then there's the cultists and the pseudo-communists too, watch out for those...)

Dayz is the only game where doing nothing is actually enjoyable, the fear of dying is so great that I now live in a small town where no-one goes just so that I can sit on top of a crane for hours seeing if there is a zombie to shoot at.

• Like 2

There will be more stuff to do later- find/repair/maintain vehicles, build a base, hunt and harvest food etc. The game now is in a very basic state.

I've actually stopped playing SA as theres not much to do as I really liked bases and vehicles in the mod. Once these come and more stuff the devs have planned the SA will be amazing.

Edited by Geneva

Surviving is the core aspect, HOWEVER, there are many features that belong to that. And most are not or only partially in the game as of now, because *drum roll* Alpha.

Eventually, you'll see all kinds of features, and probably more than in the mod. Including base building, vehicles, etc. There'll be more long-term goals but also more group or people interaction.

In short: Wait for Beta or full release, I guess. Then we're talking.

Edited by Combine

Go out... find every piece of high end gear, rob who you need to get it, kill who you need to get it. When you get that all and look just like the guys in the youtube videos... give it all away, or let someone kill you and loot you.

Then... start again... find every piece of high end gear and NEVER kill a soul. Hide, sneak... stealth but get all the gear.  When you look like the guys in the youtube videos... give it all away, or let someone kill and loot you.

Then... play the Hero style... group with others... help each other to survive and thrive.  Share with others... guard newspawns while the try and loot... take out the zombies that are harassing the newspawns.  Make sure that others are better fed than yourself.. you'll find more.

Then you'll know what style you like best.  I'm betting you'll enjoy playing and helping more than the first two... or at least I hope you would.

By then... maybe... they'll add more content or end game content and you can move on to that stuff.

Just sayin...

Just try to play this with other guys, or it'll be annoying, also don't play this game too much time per day every day, it'll be repetitive, but consider that this is an alpha, so it's normal to be quicker to finish all the "objectives". I try to find my way out doing things with my friends, i never play when i'm alone, it's too boring.

Just to tell you, last time i raped a guy, for joke of course, but i did it with my friends, just to do something different, just to have fun !! So every day it can happen something different from the day before, it's up to you to find your own adventures and different events !! =)

Edited by Tulk4s

objective?

probably not kick your dog after youre fully geared and die.

that's a pretty good objective. 

• Like 1

Basically you get 100 points per zombie, and 1000 points per player that you kill. 

Once you earn enough points you can unlock new weapons such as rocket launchers and tanks.

At the end of every level you get a boss, which is usually some mutated super zombie monster.

If you beat all the bosses you unlock the golden sniper rifle which makes it a lot easier on hard mode.

Of course none of this is in the game yet cause its still early access, but just you wait :)

• Like 1

Survival mainly. I think once more stuff gets added to the game i.e base building, then people will just usually stick to maybe 1 or 2 servers which should hopefully add a lot more reason to play other than what we have now.